God and baby´s gender

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jesus4ever

May 18, 2015
Ok this whole girl boy scenerio. The gender of a child is determined at conception.
You can pray all you like all the way through pregnancy, but I doubt very
much that if a girl was conceived, that God will pander to anyone’s whim and
change it to a boy half way through the pregnancy.

I believe God knows us from the point of conception. He is hardly going to
change the gender of a baby He knows well, just to please the parents.

Maybe if you want to pray it should be before the pregnancy occurs. Not during,
Let´s go by points, sister:

- 1) I didn´t pray for a boy during the pregnancy. I prayed before but also during pregnancy before we had the confirmation of our baby´s gender;
- 2) Although I believe there are no impossibles to the Lord, I also think that, most likely, He will not change baby´s gender during it;

Oh and women are only capable of giving birth to girls. It’s the man who determines
the gender of a child. Women have X chromosomes which makes girls.
Men have both the X and Y chromosomes - if two X chromosomes come together it’s a
girl. If an X and a Y it’s a boy.

Oh and have a read at numbers chapter 27. Only daughters were left and they did not
want the family name to be wiped out.
So Moses inquired of God

God said this

Numbers 27:6-8 NKJV
[6] And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying: [7] "The daughters of Zelophehad
speak what is right; you shall surely give them a possession of inheritance
among their father's brothers, and cause the inheritance of their father
to pass to them. [8] And you shall speak to the children of
Israel, saying: 'If a man dies and has no son, then you shall cause
his inheritance to pass to his daughter.

It’s only a man made tradition that the male gets the name and inheritance.
So why would it matter if you only have girls. It does not bother God. Why
should it bother us.

I feel strongly about this because hundreds upon thousands of little
girls are aborted or abandoned across the world just because they are
Girls. Just to pander to tradition and the whim of parents who want boys.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/dumped-doorstep-thousands-baby-girls-10896056

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ow-mostly-sick-disabled-idUSBREA110M120140203

I know all this also, sister. And I also agree it´s a terrible thing. Still, that´s has nothing to due with the reason why I prayed for a boy.

I wanted to add as well, that my elderly aunt has 4 sons.
She is now 83 and needs a lot of help with various age
related issues. She needs help with toileting, washing,
changing among other things.

None of her sons will do any of this for her.
Be careful what you wish for if you only want sons.
Oh I do it all in case wondered.

Can´t see what´s the point of your statement, sister. I have two aunts that refused to take care of my grandfather and my grandmother when they most needed. It was my father who, even suffering from a incapacitating disease, took care of them...! So, I believe each case is a case.

Also have a read of this, due to Koreans wanting boys and the
use of ultra sound to abort girls. More boys were born.

But then when it came to marriage there wasn’t enough ladies to
go around so men resorted to male order brides.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-12-08/south-korea-parents-are-increasingly-saying-we-hope-girl

Potentially 112 million baby girls aborted in South Korea, China, India, other
Asian countries. Do you think God’s wants that. When will people learn to
value both girls and boys.

So many people aborted babies back then,” my aunt says. “A few months
in, when they could tell it was a girl, they’d get an abortion.”

In the 1990s, there were 116 boys born for every 100 girls in South Korea.
Gender imbalances at birth have also existed in other Asian countries
like China and India. According to some estimates, there would have
been 112 million more girls on the continent of Asia, had gender
selective abortion and infanticide not existed.

In South Korea, the consequences were seen years later when the
surviving boys grew up. There weren’t enough women to marry
in rural Korea — due to selected abortions and young, educated
women moving to the big cities — so men turned to foreign mail order brides.

Again, sister, I can´t see why you insist with this subject. I do not approve these kind of actions and I also think God doesn´t want them at all! I do think women and men have the same value. If one value both men and women the same way, does praying for a baby boy mean that one do not value women and vice-versa?

Dec 12, 2013
Ok, brother. Once again, I can see your point. Still, if it´s God´s will for a given person to born, and no prayer is taken in account, then one must assume He determines baby´s gender. Is this your opinion, then?
Well......I would say so based upon MANY scriptures.......

a. The bible speaks to how we are made and assembled in the womb by God
b. There are examples where God told specific women what there child was going to be, as in male or female before they were born or even conceived
c. We have already been planned out to the very number of the hairs on our heads
d. God told Jeremiah that he KNEW HIM before he was brought forth from his mother's womb
e. Etc.

I am not saying to not pray.....I am just saying to pray that God's will be done and that there are many verses and truths that point to the fact that God is in control, that he makes and assembles children in the womb, that we are MADE etc.......

Most just chunk a child being conceived and born up to just natural selection etc.....I personally believe it goes DEEPER than that and that there is more to it then chance IMO.....that is all I am saying

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
I´m sure I will, brother. But´s that´s not the point of my thread.
Sorry you got the wrong gender brother...I'm a sister...lol

Anyhow, my point was and I may be wrong, but I don't think God will change the gender of a child after it is already conceived. In my opinion, a child becomes a living soul once it is conceived and it already is what it is going to be. I don't think God is going to change it at that point....just my thoughts on it anyhow.

It is one thing to pray for a son or daughter before conception, but to me there is a difference in praying once the Child is already conceived. I don't think you can change it then no matter how much you pray. It's already determined at that point.

Jesus4ever

May 18, 2015
Sorry you got the wrong gender brother...I'm a sister...lol

Anyhow, my point was and I may be wrong, but I don't think God will change the gender of a child after it is already conceived. In my opinion, a child becomes a living soul once it is conceived and it already is what it is going to be. I don't think God is going to change it at that point....just my thoughts on it anyhow.

It is one thing to pray for a son or daughter before conception, but to me there is a difference in praying once the Child is already conceived. I don't think you can change it then no matter how much you pray. It's already determined at that point.
Oh...! My apologies, sister! :D

Well, I prayed for a boy while we were trying to conceive and after that, while my wife was pregnant before we had the gender confirmation. Yes, I also think that once a child is already conceived, God will not change gender.

Jesus4ever

May 18, 2015
Dear bothers and sisters, thank you for all your answers.

Please let me be more precise about my initial post and allow me to make a summary of it:

- While my wife and I were trying to conceived, I prayed to the Lord for a boy;
- During the time of pregnancy when we did not have the baby´s gender configuration, I kept praying that way;
- We now know it´s a girl;
- Therefore the Lord ignored/said no to my prayer.

So, the main point of my initial post is this:

- The Lord said no to my prayer. Why?

- a) Was it because He did not interfere with the fertilization process and "You´ll have what the "chance" decides""?
Or
- b) Did He already decided it would be a girl and, by that, He interfered with that process?

In any case, the Lord knew from the beginning it would be a girl. The only question is if He intervened in the process or not.

Jesus4ever

May 18, 2015
Dear bothers and sisters, thank you for all your answers.

Please let me be more precise about my initial post and allow me to make a summary of it:

- While my wife and I were trying to conceived, I prayed to the Lord for a boy;
- During the time of pregnancy when we did not have the baby´s gender configuration, I kept praying that way;
- We now know it´s a girl;
- Therefore the Lord ignored/said no to my prayer.

So, the main point of my initial post is this:

- The Lord said no to my prayer. Why?

- a) Was it because He did not interfere with the fertilization process and "You´ll have what the "chance" decides""?
Or
- b) Did He already decided it would be a girl and, by that, He interfered with that process?

In any case, the Lord knew from the beginning it would be a girl. The only question is if He intervened in the process or not.

Sorry, brothers and sister, where you read " - During the time of pregnancy when we did not have the baby´s gender configuration, I kept praying that way;" it should be:
"- During the time of pregnancy when we did not have the baby´s gender confirmation, I kept praying that way";

Jesus4ever

May 18, 2015
Your quote from Jeremiah was to Jeremiah. I think this goes hand in hand with those who I have predestined, I have glorified. It is my belief that everything is not predestined. Many things God works into His master plan but out of reaction, not creation. Some people like Jeremiah have been created and orchestrated for His purposes but the majority are along for the ride. Whether or not we pledge allegiance to Him seals our fate but our fate was not predestined.
I tend to agree with your point of view. However, that does not answer my question about this subject. I prayed for a boy after my wifes´ pregnancy and a girl is coming. As we´ve already seen, the Bible has record of prayers being heard by God (Hannah´s prayer for a son, Samuel). It´s clear that God hears prayers (or say "yes" to prayers) but in my case, it´s more than obvious that He said "no" to mine. My question remains: - Why? He knew I wanted a boy more than anything. Maybe I´ll understand one day why He chose a girl or allowed circumstances to be a girl.