God and trauma

  • Thread starter Thread starter kqr_anointed
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kqr_anointed

Guest
“Now when David lived in his house, David said to Nathan the prophet, “Behold, I dwell in a house of cedar, but the ark of the covenant of the Lord is under a tent.”


And Nathan said to David, “Do all that is in your heart, for God is with you.””


‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭17‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭ESV‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/59/1ch.17.2.ESV



“For I have not lived in a house since the day I brought up Israel to this day, but I have gone from tent to tent and from dwelling to dwelling.

In all places where I have moved with all Israel, did I speak a word with any of the judges of Israel, whom I commanded to shepherd my people, saying, “Why have you not built me a house of cedar?”’

Now, therefore, thus shall you say to my servant David, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, I took you from the pasture, from following the sheep, to be prince over my people Israel, and I have been with you wherever you have gone and have cut off all your enemies from before you.

And I will make for you a name, like the name of the great ones of the earth. And I will appoint a place for my people Israel and will plant them, that they may dwell in their own place and be disturbed no more.

And violent men shall waste them no more, as formerly, from the time that I appointed judges over my people Israel. And I will subdue all your enemies. Moreover, I declare to you that the Lord will build you a house.”


‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭17‬:‭5‬-‭10‬ ‭ESV‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/59/1ch.17.5-10.ESV
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2ndTimeIsTheCharm
“Now when David lived in his house, David said to Nathan the prophet, “Behold, I dwell in a house of cedar, but the ark of the covenant of the Lord is under a tent.”


And Nathan said to David, “Do all that is in your heart, for God is with you.””


‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭17‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭ESV‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/59/1ch.17.2.ESV



“For I have not lived in a house since the day I brought up Israel to this day, but I have gone from tent to tent and from dwelling to dwelling.

In all places where I have moved with all Israel, did I speak a word with any of the judges of Israel, whom I commanded to shepherd my people, saying, “Why have you not built me a house of cedar?”’

Now, therefore, thus shall you say to my servant David, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, I took you from the pasture, from following the sheep, to be prince over my people Israel, and I have been with you wherever you have gone and have cut off all your enemies from before you.

And I will make for you a name, like the name of the great ones of the earth. And I will appoint a place for my people Israel and will plant them, that they may dwell in their own place and be disturbed no more.

And violent men shall waste them no more, as formerly, from the time that I appointed judges over my people Israel. And I will subdue all your enemies. Moreover, I declare to you that the Lord will build you a house.”


‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭17‬:‭5‬-‭10‬ ‭ESV‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/59/1ch.17.5-10.ESV


Do you want to talk about this passage? What impressions do you have from it?


🍒
 
“Now when David lived in his house, David said to Nathan the prophet, “Behold, I dwell in a house of cedar, but the ark of the covenant of the Lord is under a tent.”


And Nathan said to David, “Do all that is in your heart, for God is with you.””


‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭17‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭ESV‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/59/1ch.17.2.ESV



“For I have not lived in a house since the day I brought up Israel to this day, but I have gone from tent to tent and from dwelling to dwelling.

In all places where I have moved with all Israel, did I speak a word with any of the judges of Israel, whom I commanded to shepherd my people, saying, “Why have you not built me a house of cedar?”’

Now, therefore, thus shall you say to my servant David, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, I took you from the pasture, from following the sheep, to be prince over my people Israel, and I have been with you wherever you have gone and have cut off all your enemies from before you.

And I will make for you a name, like the name of the great ones of the earth. And I will appoint a place for my people Israel and will plant them, that they may dwell in their own place and be disturbed no more.

And violent men shall waste them no more, as formerly, from the time that I appointed judges over my people Israel. And I will subdue all your enemies. Moreover, I declare to you that the Lord will build you a house.”


‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭17‬:‭5‬-‭10‬ ‭ESV‬‬
https://bible.com/bible/59/1ch.17.5-10.ESV

Amen.
 
Do you want to talk about this passage? What impressions do you have from it?


🍒


well my first impression is that God also follows his people and he feels for his people in the moment

(“For I have not lived in a house since the day I brought up Israel to this day, but I have gone from tent to tent and from dwelling to dwelling.)

Also i think i put trauma because the Israelites have been through so much moving around and looking for the promised land.
 
well my first impression is that God also follows his people and he feels for his people in the moment

(“For I have not lived in a house since the day I brought up Israel to this day, but I have gone from tent to tent and from dwelling to dwelling.)

Also i think i put trauma because the Israelites have been through so much moving around and looking for the promised land.


Yeah, I agree with you.

I was impressed with God too. He could have just stayed in His Home and be comfortable while His people were in a state of disarray. But no, He was constantly attended to them and stayed with them to care, protect and strengthen them through it all.

I'm really glad that He's our God! We're really blessed to have Him in our lives!

And also, the Israelites already entered the Promised Land, it's just that they were going through political upheaval at that time. They wanted a king just like all the other countries around them and got King Saul. God got them a king like the other neighboring countries did and boy did they regret it! :)

So some of that trauma I feel was self-inflicted. I think it saddened God that His people wanted to be just like all their neighbors and have a king to rule them instead of God. So God gave them a king that wasn't after His own heart.

I did that once with God. I was a young adult and pretty happy. But I saw all my Christian friends getting married. So I asked God for a boyfriend/possible future spouse without asking Him about His specific will and plans for me. Sad that He was, He let me have one.

It was awful! I'm so used to giving God more attention each day but I couldn't with my boyfriend around. And my boyfriend was expecting us to hang out EVERY. DAY. And my boyfriend wasn't so great personality wise. I'm so used to God and His nature and personality that I think He spoiled for everyone else!

Needless to say, it didn't last, but I didn't miss my ex-boyfriend or our relationship or couple status. I'm really much happier just being with God.

So I agree with you there too about having trauma. Just like with Israel, I really do believe I created trauma for myself and learned a valuable lesson from it! I try to be careful about what I pray for now and check to see if it's in His will or if He thinks what I'm asking for is in His permissible will and harmless.


🍒
 
Yeah, I agree with you.

I was impressed with God too. He could have just stayed in His Home and be comfortable while His people were in a state of disarray. But no, He was constantly attended to them and stayed with them to care, protect and strengthen them through it all.

I'm really glad that He's our God! We're really blessed to have Him in our lives!

And also, the Israelites already entered the Promised Land, it's just that they were going through political upheaval at that time. They wanted a king just like all the other countries around them and got King Saul. God got them a king like the other neighboring countries did and boy did they regret it! :)

So some of that trauma I feel was self-inflicted. I think it saddened God that His people wanted to be just like all their neighbors and have a king to rule them instead of God. So God gave them a king that wasn't after His own heart.

I did that once with God. I was a young adult and pretty happy. But I saw all my Christian friends getting married. So I asked God for a boyfriend/possible future spouse without asking Him about His specific will and plans for me. Sad that He was, He let me have one.

It was awful! I'm so used to giving God more attention each day but I couldn't with my boyfriend around. And my boyfriend was expecting us to hang out EVERY. DAY. And my boyfriend wasn't so great personality wise. I'm so used to God and His nature and personality that I think He spoiled for everyone else!

Needless to say, it didn't last, but I didn't miss my ex-boyfriend or our relationship or couple status. I'm really much happier just being with God.

So I agree with you there too about having trauma. Just like with Israel, I really do believe I created trauma for myself and learned a valuable lesson from it! I try to be careful about what I pray for now and check to see if it's in His will or if He thinks what I'm asking for is in His permissible will and harmless.


🍒




Amen i agree with You we need to ask God what is acceptable and permissible in His sight for sure :)