God did away with some of His own sayings

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I am not quoting verbatim the words that he has typed, but the implication of them. The logical conclusions. He has not outright said such a thing, but if you read in between the smoke and mirrors it is clearly seen.
No, actually, you skim over what he said because it doesn't fit into what someone/someones taught you so it must be wrong.
 
It is POSSIBLE (and LIKELY) that no one means to be suggesting the OT be thrown out.... PTL!!! But I am aware... that there are MANY PEOPLE who do actually think exactly that!!! SO I am thinking it is important to construct some sort of conversation to EXPEL these wrong ideas from the minds of those people... and it is kinda tough to accomplish that when persons like you are thwarting the conversation and alluding I am a judiazer or a pharisee:mad:

Don't get too upset Barlygurl, EG turns everything around that is explaining the whole Bible, as in "every word that comes from God," because he can't understand the spiritual with his carnal mind. That is why he is on my ignore list. He has derailed multitudes of threads including some I have started.
 
again, if you looked at many things he has said since he has been here, you would see this. I am sure just-me will deny this (I would hope not. but I have seen it to many times)

we are not coming at just me just because we want to fight, it is his past threads, and things he has said which makes us understand what he is talking about.

(thats why he never answers our questions. A person who is not afraid, or on the up and up would be able to answer all questions readily, and not just ignore them, or push one verse which really does not answer a question. they would answer the question.
I have looked into what he said vs. what everyone automatically thinks he says because of the 1001 road blocks instilled in them to keep their version of a gospel someone taught them. Mostly I see people presupposing much he doesn't say simply because... well? "It's simple" to do so.

He either has to be a legalist or an anarchist. Wrongo! He's neither. Those who fight him the most are anarchists though.
 
Keeping all of Jesus teachings from the gospel books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John is not being of darkness, and His teachings in those books are not for the OT.

If you believe this I can show you where everything the Lord said is upheld in the epistles from Paul, Peter, James, John, Jude, Hebrews, and even in Acts.

And Apostle Paul confirms and expounds on everything the Lord said himself !!!

Keeping all those things will not save you anymore than keeping the law. And it is impossible to keep all those things. so you would still be lost.

That is what BenFTW was trying to say.
 

He gave us the physical first so we could understand the spiritual when it came second. But that requires an accurate understanding of the covenants without the hindrance of a carnal mind refusing to understand, mostly because it requires something on our part. God DOES require some things of us, like it or not.


We are not called to follow written ordinances under the new covenant of grace, as the old covenant with those ordinances is called multiple times by Apostle Paul, bondage/bond woman/spirit of bondage.

This is how we are called to walk in the new covenant:

(Galatians 5:22-26)
22
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

If you walk in the way mentioned above as Apostle Paul says then everything else will fall in line, for the fruits of the Spirit are how we are to walk now, not by written ordinances !!!
 
Why do people hide behind "the simplicity of the gospel" fully aware God is not now nor ever has been simple?

And I am finally understanding why -- so they don't have to dig in deep for anything, yet feel justified in pouncing on those who want to dig in deep. Their gospel becomes complex when it suits them.

Well welcome back from rantingland... good for you!!
 
I have looked into what he said vs. what everyone automatically thinks he says because of the 1001 road blocks instilled in them to keep their version of a gospel someone taught them. Mostly I see people presupposing much he doesn't say simply because... well? "It's simple" to do so.

He either has to be a legalist or an anarchist. Wrongo! He's neither. Those who fight him the most are anarchists though.

Well think what you will.

He is a legalist. And you can not have read everything he has said and think otherwise. unless you too are a legalist. So I guess it is up to you to decide what you are.

do you feel we are bound to follow Gods law today. Or do you understand the law was given to lead us to Christ, but after we have come to Christ, God has a much better way to show us how to be holy set apart people?

One has to remember, Noah was considered a righteous and just person. How could he if the law was not yet given to him?

we can be just as holy and righteous as noah was without the law. By learning what it is that made Noah holy.

The law will never make you righteous (justified or holy) it was never intended to do that. People were holy before the law.
 
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by BenFTW

....From his perspective, we are under both old and new because all of it is His word and that is indeed what a judaizer would say
.

This is a question for Just-Me.

Is this at all related to what you're really saying? Because I have never seen you remotely saying this. Could you clarify what you believe compared to this assumption of what you believe?

No. I don't see how believing in all God has ever spoken is being under the Testaments. I really haven't heard that one before, but as arguments increase more and more, confusion that is not from God continues more and more. I'm not surprised.

Under the Old and New Testaments?????????? :confused::p Does a true blue Judaizer actually even read the New Testament and believe Jesus as the true Messiah?
 
Keeping all those things will not save you anymore than keeping the law. And it is impossible to keep all those things. so you would still be lost.

That is what BenFTW was trying to say.

By saying that is impossible to keep those things then you are speaking of a unborn again nature, not a born again nature.

Because the Lord Jesus and Apostle Paul both say all things are possible to those who believe (born again).
(Mark 9:23, Mark 10:27, Philippians 4:13)

They are only impossible to keep by those who are not born again as nothing in the bible teaches they are still a burden or impossible once one is born again walking by the Holy Spirit.
 
Don't get too upset Barlygurl, EG turns everything around that is explaining the whole Bible, as in "every word that comes from God," because he can't understand the spiritual with his carnal mind. That is why he is on my ignore list. He has derailed multitudes of threads including some I have started.

so what am I twisting?

You and just-me want us all to believe following the law will make us holy righteous people. Although you have been asked why nicely many times (by myself and others) and you have been asked HOW many times (again by myself and others) and never responded. and although you have been shows a million times that is not true. you STILL want to force your legalism on everyone.

Your just angry that people will not stand by while you pervert the word of God with your judiasms.
 
Why do people hide behind "the simplicity of the gospel" fully aware God is not now nor ever has been simple?

And I am finally understanding why -- so they don't have to dig in deep for anything, yet feel justified in pouncing on those who want to dig in deep. Their gospel becomes complex when it suits them.

2 Corinthians 11:3King James Version (KJV)

3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Simple. Any complexity arises out of ignorance, or deception. The Gospel is very simple. Believe, done deal. Salvation however is but the starting point that catapults you into a life that is lived for God, as Christ lives in you. No one is pouncing on those that would dig deep, they are pouncing on false doctrine that leads them to dig where there is no treasure to be found.
 
By saying that is impossible to keep those things then you are speaking of a unborn again nature, not a born again nature.

No, I am speaking of reality, not looking at myself as better than I will ever be, or puffing myself up.

I still have the flesh. If I think I can go 24 hours without thinking of myself once, or never putting my needs above someone elses I am a fool, and in serious danger. (and self deceived)


Because the Lord Jesus and Apostle Paul both say all things are possible to those who believe (born again).
(Mark 9:23, Mark 10:27, Philippians 4:13)

They are only impossible to keep by those who are not born again as nothing in the bible teaches they are still a burden or impossible once one is born again walking by the Holy Spirit.
All things are possible. But never once in either of those passages was sinless perfection a part of context. It was understanding that I can do anything with the power of God.

You can not walk by the spirit 24/7, Paul could not long after he was a believer, why you or anyone else would think you are better than Paul who lived a life following the law of God. is beyond me.
 
.



No. I don't see how believing in all God has ever spoken is being under the Testaments. I really haven't heard that one before, but as arguments increase more and more, confusion that is not from God continues more and more. I'm not surprised.

Under the Old and New Testaments?????????? :confused::p Does a true blue Judaizer actually even read the New Testament and believe Jesus as the true Messiah?

Yeah they do. Alot of lawers believe in Jesus, but preach law, I see it all the time. Some believe it or not. more of a lawyer than even you.
 
2 Corinthians 11:3King James Version (KJV)

3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Simple. Any complexity arises out of ignorance, or deception. The Gospel is very simple. Believe, done deal. Salvation however is but the starting point that catapults you into a life that is lived for God, as Christ lives in you. No one is pouncing on those that would dig deep, they are pouncing on false doctrine that leads them to dig where there is no treasure to be found.

That is the problem and how satans lie is so easy to buy into.

The good news (gospel) of Christ is so simple. it makes it impossible for many to believe or accept. because it could not be that easy.

WHich proves, although it is simple. it is hard. which is why as God says, narrow is the gate, and so few enter in
 
I have looked into what he said vs. what everyone automatically thinks he says because of the 1001 road blocks instilled in them to keep their version of a gospel someone taught them. Mostly I see people presupposing much he doesn't say simply because... well? "It's simple" to do so.

He either has to be a legalist or an anarchist. Wrongo! He's neither. Those who fight him the most are anarchists though.

Kinda reminds me how the Pharisees followed Jesus around trying to trap Him. I'm in good company. :)

If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. John 15:18

 
No, I am speaking of reality, not looking at myself as better than I will ever be, or puffing myself up.

I still have the flesh. If I think I can go 24 hours without thinking of myself once, or never putting my needs above someone elses I am a fool, and in serious danger. (and self deceived)



All things are possible. But never once in either of those passages was sinless perfection a part of context. It was understanding that I can do anything with the power of God.

You can not walk by the spirit 24/7, Paul could not long after he was a believer, why you or anyone else would think you are better than Paul who lived a life following the law of God. is beyond me.

I am not a sinless perfectionism and I do not preach on sinless perfection !!!

What I do state and speak on is from the word of God that by the Holy Spirit we will learn to sin less and less, as He will help us overcome that sinful nature.

If you think a person still continues to walk the same way in the flesh (sinful style) after being born again then you will have to do away with over half the NT to make that true.

From Jesus to John in the NT it is repeated over and over again we are to abstain from sinning, as in putting off our former self to no longer walk as we use to.

I am not better than Paul or anybody else that is a believer, but I speak as he spoke and Romans 7 is not his current and all time stance in the faith. If you or anybody else believe it is then you are saying Paul was condemning himself because he called himself carnal sold under sin in 7, but Romans 8 said he could no longer walk that way and was now walking by the Spirit.

Making Romans 7 current makes the gospel message one of lewdness, and that is showed to be a false gospel by doing that !!!
 
No, actually, you skim over what he said because it doesn't fit into what someone/someones taught you so it must be wrong.

You keep assuming and you're going to make a butt out of the both of us. lol There was no skimming on my part, but very well may have been done on your part to miss the implications of the thoughts expressed in the OP. You should give it another read and see what it means to consider all of what God has said and that all of it applies to us. If all applies to us, then Law applies to us. That is the logical outflow of such thought and is false. We are not under Law.
 
By saying that is impossible to keep those things then you are speaking of a unborn again nature, not a born again nature.

Because the Lord Jesus and Apostle Paul both say all things are possible to those who believe (born again).
(Mark 9:23, Mark 10:27, Philippians 4:13)

They are only impossible to keep by those who are not born again as nothing in the bible teaches they are still a burden or impossible once one is born again walking by the Holy Spirit.

I agree and will add........

1 John 5:2-4
[SUP]2 [/SUP]By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

[SUP]3 [/SUP]For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

[SUP]4 [/SUP]For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
 
Why do people hide behind "the simplicity of the gospel" fully aware God is not now nor ever has been simple?

And I am finally understanding why -- so they don't have to dig in deep for anything, yet feel justified in pouncing on those who want to dig in deep. Their gospel becomes complex when it suits them.
Oh yes the gospel is simple. If only we could remember how simple it was when the Holy Spirit convicted our hearts of sin, righteousness and judgment. If only we remembered it was the hearing of Gods word that brought us to Christ.

It never ceases to amaze me how we all become great theologians after we are saved. We add rituals and rites fashioning a grand religion that surely must impress God Himself. We lose sight of the bloody old Roman cross and see only a golden palace as the eternal abode for those who are righteous. Like we deserve anything that God has given us.

For the cause of Christ
Roger