A
atwhatcost
Guest
"Presumptuous allegations?" Ummm, "You're wrong?" "You're a legalist" (with or without a question at the end but the vast majority just tell him he is.)It is hard to have a conversation/discussion with someone if they are unwilling to answer questions. Thanks for your open and kind response. I was not jumping to conclusions, I read clearly what was being said and saw between the lines. Assumptions weren't being made about the person, but rather where his line of logic leads. Maybe he doesn't truly subscribe to a legalistic doctrine, and if that is the case, he ought to work on the way he portrays himself as he could lead people astray and put a burden on them Jesus wants to set people free from.
You want to see how this person won't have conversation? Look no further...
Questions were given and answers were not. He ignored them. They aren't even leading, they are plain faced. All together the questions can be summed up as, "Are you a legalist?" However, that requires some specific information that just-me, apparently, isn't willing to share for who knows what reason.
Thanks for your response to not go with the crowd because the crowd could be wrong. Such a non-conformist you are, haha.Though, as far as I am able to tell with what just-me is willing to share, the crowd doesn't seem to be wrong. Maybe just-me is willing to prove the crowd wrong and answer the questions I posited to him? Who knows.
Yeah, I consider that a presumptuous allegation.
As for how Just-me answers? Here's the problem. You learned how to say what you think in terms of Christ by what you've been taught. I've learned how to say what I think in terms of Christ by how I was taught.
What do you do when you learn about Christ on your own? Truly on your own? That's why Just-Me doesn't talk like us. Never got those lessons -- or did, but much later in life. But if your not taught early to speak Christianese, it really is a matter of those who have are going to have to struggle to accept what is said, instead of how it is said.
Think what he's been getting on this site. Most people think he's a legalist simply because some who skimmed through instead of tried to understand decided that. He's a much more patient guy than I am. I fling once I've been served that same hash for too long.
The truth is there is no clear cut line for legalist vs. anarachist. 10% may be legalists. 10% may be anarchists. The rest of of fall somewhere in the middle. Is the 40% mark "a legalist?" Is a 60% mark a legalist? Where do we draw lines and what is "bad line?" You keep saying to pick sides as if there are only two. There are so many more than two.
I lean more toward legalism than anarchy. I don't abide with no rules. Grew up with OCD and Asperberger's Syndrome, (family members, but it affects me), so rules were heavy-duty in my house. The Law is heavy-duty in God's house. It's not something to dismiss. It also doesn't save nor does it sanctify, but it sure aims us in the right direction.
So, if someone asks me if I'm a legalist, I'd probably head for Yes, but am I? Do I sound like it just because I think the Law is a good description of God?
But I'm not Just-Me either. He IS answering if he's a legalist. He's simply answering it through the Bible. Probably would work for all of us if we weren't trained in Christianese. His answer, if you listen? Well, listen and you'll hear it eventually.
Also, good advice -- be at peace and converse with the man. Converse. Different than interrogate.
He's different. Different isn't bad, it's just different. You see love and honor in him, right? Isn't that the kind of person to converse with in peace?

