God does not love all mankind.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Latour

Jun 11, 2018
there is a lack of understanding about the Sovereignty and providence of God.

We will ALWAYS be exactly where and what God wills us to be. His plans can never be foiled because he is God, omnipotent and all-knowing. What he purposes to do in his Creation, he does. He is the potter and we are the clay.

If i am a lump of clay on a potters wheel and the potter is shaping me into whatever he wishes, then i will be shaped according to his will. If i say "hmm...the potter isn't shaping me the way he really wants me to be shaped" it would be kind of ridiculous wouldn't it?

The potter is always shaping his vessels the way he desires them to be. Whether they be vessels of honor or vessels of dishonor.

So God will judge Himself on judgment day?

Latour

Jun 11, 2018
EVERY Christian (person born again of the Holy Spirit) will be in the kingdom. Every single one. Nobody will be left out. What qualifies a person for the kingdom of God is salvation, which happens when a person believes on the Lord Jesus Christ.

The "race" pertains to rewards IN the kingdom. Faithful Christians will receive a rich welcome, and a full reward, and get to reign with Christ. Not-so-faithful Christians may miss out on the crowns, and their position and/or job in the kingdom will be lesser. But they will be in the kingdom (1 Cor 3:11-15).
For to the one who has, more will be given, and he will have an abundance, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.

Salvation qualifies a person? What kind of statement is that?

The kingdom of God has both winners and losers. Some will be vessels of honour and others of dishonour. If you notice the word dishonour doesn't just mean lesser. It means to bear an eternal shame. You would have to do a full study on this from all the books of the bible to get the full sense of this.

Mat 13:12 For to the one who has, more will be given, and he will have an abundance, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away.

Mar 23, 2016
Pharaoh's heart hardened by his own human bad nature was one thing. Having God harden it to withstand persuasion to let his people go is a much stronger force.
God dealt with pharaoh as He reveals in Rom 1:18-32. As pharaoh resisted the request of God as spoken to pharaoh through Moses / Aaron, pharaoh was given over to worse and worse behavior. That is what happened then, that is what happens now. God treated pharaoh the same as He treats all who end up with reprobate mind. Rom 1:32 states concerning these people who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

The pharaohs of Egypt considered themselves gods. When Moses / Aaron first made request to pharaoh to let the people go worship the Lord God of Israel, pharaoh responded who is the LORD, that I should obey his voice to let Israel go? I know not the LORD, neither will I let Israel go (Exodus 5:2).

Even after the firstborn of all Egypt died and the children of Israel left Egypt, pharaoh pursued after them. pharaoh was a fool. He was wholeheartedly rebellious against God.

Mar 23, 2016
I totally agree that Christians are called to walk in good works. The point i'm trying to make is that without Christ we are totally unable to please God. Our faith should always rest firmly in the completed work of Jesus Christ, not out own ability to do good works.
Right. All our works will be tried by fire -

1 Corinthians 3:

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Jul 2, 2018
There is a lack of understanding about what is our response to the grace of God. A half-converted person remains in the dark about himself and what he is. The irony is that they who don't know themselves think they are farther ahead than they are...but those who identify only with Christ become humble and fearful. So the ones who should fear the most...are confident. THAT is half-converted...not knowing themselves or God's judgments.
Did not our hearts burn within us while he talked with us on the way and while he opened to us the scriptures.
Luke 24:32
Thank You Lord.

Dayone

May 22, 2018
Grace:
Favor or kindness shown without regard to the worth or merit of the one who receives it and in spite of what that person deserves. Grace is one of the key attributes of God. The Lord God is " merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abounding in goodness and truth." ( ex. 34:6) Therefore, grace is almost always associated with mercy, love, compassion, and patience.
( nelson's bible dictionary)

Latour

Jun 11, 2018
Grace:
Favor or kindness shown without regard to the worth or merit of the one who receives it and in spite of what that person deserves. Grace is one of the key attributes of God. The Lord God is " merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abounding in goodness and truth." ( ex. 34:6) Therefore, grace is almost always associated with mercy, love, compassion, and patience.

While this is true of God's character, grace is more than just a gesture, it comes to us as power. Jesus Christ conquered sin and death in order to release the power to do as He did. So then grace is the power of His resurrection given freely to us.

Jul 2, 2018
While this is true of God's character, grace is more than just a gesture, it comes to us as power. Jesus Christ conquered sin and death in order to release the power to do as He did. So then grace is the power of His resurrection given freely to us.
That I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being made comfortable unto His death; if by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
Phil 3:10-11

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
We are willing...but still under control of the Spirit. We wait on the Lord.
Forgive my ignorance. What do you mean in context to the question posed prior to your answer? Question quote below.
I agree for the most part....
I was trying to show that the love of God is available to all.. Its not that God does not love all mankind, but mankind needs to respond to His love... God initiates and its man response. God shows His love for All by giving His Son to die for their sins...
You're willing ? To be saved? But still under control of the Spirit?
Thank you for indulging my questions and I appreciate your time to answer.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
God dealt with pharaoh as He reveals in Rom 1:18-32. As pharaoh resisted the request of God as spoken to pharaoh through Moses / Aaron, pharaoh was given over to worse and worse behavior. That is what happened then, that is what happens now. God treated pharaoh the same as He treats all who end up with reprobate mind. Rom 1:32 states concerning these people who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

The pharaohs of Egypt considered themselves gods. When Moses / Aaron first made request to pharaoh to let the people go worship the Lord God of Israel, pharaoh responded who is the LORD, that I should obey his voice to let Israel go? I know not the LORD, neither will I let Israel go (Exodus 5:2).

Even after the firstborn of all Egypt died and the children of Israel left Egypt, pharaoh pursued after them. pharaoh was a fool. He was wholeheartedly rebellious against God.
God did not harden Pharaoh's heart?

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
Right. All our works will be tried by fire -

1 Corinthians 3:

13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
That's a metaphor for God.

Hebrews 12:29 <Click for further examples
For our God is a consuming fire.

Mar 23, 2016
God did not harden Pharaoh's heart?
I have shown you how God deals with the hearts of those who restrain the truth in unrighteousness ... which is what pharaoh did when he refused to let the children of Israel go worship the Lord.

As pharaoh continued to rebel in his stubbornness, he was let go to worse and worse behavior, just as shown in Rom 1:18-32. That is how God "hardens" the heart. And please note, the "hardening" comes in response to the person going further and further away from God and the "hardening" occurs over time. Rom 1:18-32 describes the process.

OstrichSmiling

Jun 17, 2018
I have shown you how God deals with the hearts of those who restrain the truth in unrighteousness ... which is what pharaoh did when he refused to let the children of Israel go worship the Lord.

As pharaoh continued to rebel in his stubbornness, he was let go to worse and worse behavior, just as shown in Rom 1:18-32. That is how God "hardens" the heart. And please note, the "hardening" comes in response to the person going further and further away from God and the "hardening" occurs over time. Rom 1:18-32 describes the process.
OK.
Blessings

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
Grace:
Who does God show His grace to, is it everyone or only certain people

Dayone

May 22, 2018
Romans 5:8-10
But God demonstrates His love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.9.. Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him. 10... For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His Life.

If God loved us when we were helpless, ungodly enemies, how much more will He love us now that we are His children...

Dayone

May 22, 2018
Romans 9:13 Jacob I have loved, but Esau have I hated.

Roman 9:22 speaks of God having vessels of His wrath, prepared for destruction.

So it sounds like God actually hates certain people, it's undeniable. The question is, who are these people and why does God hate them. The fact that God casts certain sinners onto hell, to be tormented forever demonstrates that He hates certain people.

Many say that God loves everyone, regardless of how much they have sinned. The Bible seems to indicate otherwise.
Romans 5:18

Therefore, as through one man's offense judgment came to ALL men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man's righteous act the free gift came to ALL men, resulting in justification of life.
The free gift is for All that believes in Jesus Christ...

Slayer

Jul 23, 2018
Romans 5:18

Therefore, as through one man's offense judgment came to ALL men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man's righteous act the free gift came to ALL men, resulting in justification of life.
The free gift is for All that believes in Jesus Christ...
This doesn't answer who gets the "free gift" and who doesn't. To say the free gift is given to all men, means many men refuse to receive the free gift because they prefer to go and spend eternity burning in hell. Can you see the problem here? when a person is offered the greatest gift imaginable, but decides to reject it and choose the worst imaginable suffering instead.

It just doesn't make sense that very intelligent people choose to spend eternity burning in hell and reject eternal paradise. I have to admit, this Arminian theology doesn't make any sense to me.

Dayone

May 22, 2018
This doesn't answer who gets the "free gift" and who doesn't. To say the free gift is given to all men, means many men refuse to receive the free gift because they prefer to go and spend eternity burning in hell. Can you see the problem here? when a person is offered the greatest gift imaginable, but decides to reject it and choose the worst imaginable suffering instead.

It just doesn't make sense that very intelligent people choose to spend eternity burning in hell and reject eternal paradise. I have to admit, this Arminian theology doesn't make any sense to me.
Yes its really awful tragedy when anyone reject God's invitation to everlasting life....

Isaiah 55:4

Seek the Lord while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the Lord And He will have mercy on him; and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon...

God hates the acts of the ungodly.
Psalm 7:11
God is a just judge, And God is angry with the wicked every day. If he does not turn back, He will sharpen His sword; He bends His bow and makes it ready. He also prepares for Himself instruments of death; He makes His arrows into fiery shafts...

The wicked will not prevail against God.... remember the Bible says a fool says in his heart there's no God....