GOD DONE WITH ISRAEL?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Timofree

.........I don't think anybody reading the Bible without human influence would come to the conclusion Israel had been rejected. It's funny until I became a Christian 2 years ago I hadn't even heard anything Israel being replaced. And then I met other Christians :| thank God He opened my eyes before the others got to me!

It was so blatently obvious to me even as a non Christian that they are God's chosen people. I used to, and much of the world now hate them for no natural reason. I have since come to love and bless Israel as God commands, in case you hadn't guessed :)

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Who makes up the nation of Israel, according to God?

What exactly is this land that is promised to Israel?

Other than the answer to those two questions, I agree with everyone!!!

May 18, 2011
.........I don't think anybody reading the Bible without human influence would come to the conclusion Israel had been rejected. It's funny until I became a Christian 2 years ago I hadn't even heard anything Israel being replaced. And then I met other Christians :| thank God He opened my eyes before the others got to me!

It was so blatently obvious to me even as a non Christian that they are God's chosen people. I used to, and much of the world now hate them for no natural reason. I have since come to love and bless Israel as God commands, in case you hadn't guessed :)

Amen my friend, AMEN!!!

E

eternally-gratefull

Who makes up the nation of Israel, according to God?
National or spiritual Isreal? They are different.

What exactly is this land that is promised to Israel?
Found in the book of Genesis, even has land boundaires.
Gen 12

7 Then the Lord appeared to Abram and said, “To your descendants I will give this land.”

Gen 13:
14 And the Lord said to Abram, after Lot had separated from him: “Lift your eyes now and look from the place where you are—northward, southward, eastward, and westward; 15 for all the land which you see I give to you and your descendants[b] forever.

Gen 15:
17 And it came to pass, when the sun went down and it was dark, that behold, there appeared a smoking oven and a burning torch that passed between those pieces. 18 On the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying:
“To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates— 19 the Kenites, the Kenezzites, the Kadmonites, 20 the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Rephaim, 21 the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.”

Gen 17:

4 “As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, and you shall be a father of many nations. 5 No longer shall your name be called Abram, but your name shall be Abraham; for I have made you a father of many nations. 6 I will make you exceedingly fruitful; and I will make nations of you, and kings shall come from you. 7 And I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you in their generations, for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and your descendants after you. 8 Also I give to you and your descendants after you the land in which you are a stranger, all the land of Canaan, as an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.”

Other than the answer to those two questions, I agree with everyone!!!

Good to see ya my friend!

P

prophecyman

I have seen much talk against and for Israel on here. There are those who believe OT is completely fulfilled and that Israel really isn't apart of anything anymore.

There are those who believe that Israel is the epic center of scripture.

Here is scripture that as far as I know has yet to be fulfilled, never have I heard this ever happening through out history.

When God said His covenant with Israel is forever, as far as I have learned, the word forever has no end.

ZECHARIAH 8:23
THUS SAYS YHWH TZVA'OT(GOD OF HOSTS): " IN THOSE DAYS IT SHALL COME TO PASS, THAT TEN MEN SHALL TAKE HOLD, OUT OF ALL THE LANGUAGES OF THE NATIONS, SHALL EVEN TAKE HOLD OF THE TZIT TZIT(TASSLES) OF HIM THAT IS A JEW, SAYING: WE WILL GO WITH YOU, FOR WE HAVE HEARD THAT ELOHIM(GOD) IS WITH YOU."

In fact if you read the whole chapter, it is clear none of it has ever been fufilled yet. SHALOM
Avinu, my dear friend there is much prophecy yet to be fulfilled, and the so called Christian church will be in shock when they learn the true status of Israel.

In the book of Acts chapter 1:6 It is recorded as quoted: When they (Jews) therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, LORD, wilt thou at this time restore again the KINGDOM of ISRAEL.

They were referencing the 14th chapter of Zachariah, and the prophet paints a beautiful picture of the glory of Israel, and the restoration of all things. The King shall reign from his Holy Mount Zion and a river of healing waters shall flow from his throne, yes even the waters of Hezikiah, the garden of the Lord shall be very beautiful and the land of Israel a fruitful field, and all Nations shall seek the glory that is Israel, for her King dwells in the midst of her.

STAND AND DEFEND YOUR HERITAGE!

May 18, 2011
Avinu, my dear friend there is much prophecy yet to be fulfilled, and the so called Christian church will be in shock when they learn the true status of Israel.

In the book of Acts chapter 1:6 It is recorded as quoted: When they (Jews) therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, LORD, wilt thou at this time restore again the KINGDOM of ISRAEL.

They were referencing the 14th chapter of Zachariah, and the prophet paints a beautiful picture of the glory of Israel, and the restoration of all things. The King shall reign from his Holy Mount Zion and a river of healing waters shall flow from his throne, yes even the waters of Hezikiah, the garden of the Lord shall be very beautiful and the land of Israel a fruitful field, and all Nations shall seek the glory that is Israel, for her King dwells in the midst of her.

STAND AND DEFEND YOUR HERITAGE!
AMEN, and thank you my friend. For you are mishpochah(family) Blessings.

C

cfultz3

I am sure you do not mean all Christian churches, or all Christians? I am sure it was an oversight to include all when you meant most or even some.

What about the so called Christian church?

P

prophecyman

I am sure you do not mean all Christian churches, or all Christians? I am sure it was an oversight to include all when you meant most or even some.

An old saying comes to mind... If the shoe fits, wear it.
Prophecyman says... If not, then air your feet for awhile.

E

eternally-gratefull

The so called "christian church" is the ones who think they have replaced Israel and have received ALL her promises, and that God has done away with natural Israel.

C

cfultz3

The so called "christian church" is the ones who think they have replaced Israel and have received ALL her promises, and that God has done away with natural Israel.
He could have just said that. Thank you EG.

E

eternally-gratefull

So will the Jews when they realize that all the promises were given to the Israelites. How is that for a shoe fit.
do what? A jew is the name given to the lower kingdom, Which consisted of the tribe of Judah and Benjamin, and also included levites.

They belong to Isreal.
so I am confused as to what your saying

E

eternally-gratefull

He could have just said that. Thank you EG.

lol, its ok. I knew what he was saying when I read it. just got to be careful when you read things.

C

cfultz3

do what? A jew is the name given to the lower kingdom, Which consisted of the tribe of Judah and Benjamin, and also included levites.

They belong to Isreal. so I am confused as to what your saying
Somes Jews are Israelites, but not all Israelite are Jews.

http://www.ensignmessage.com/archives/hebrew2.html
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]But in regard to the “Jews”, it is essential to note that this name is used in the New Testament of those who resided in the portion of Palestine called Idumea. Thus they were, in the main, the Idumeans. It is also interesting to note that not once did our Lord ever have a good word for these people. On the contrary, He constantly referred to them as His greatest enemies. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Thus we have two distinct sections within the people of Christ’s day referred to as ‘Jews.’ There were the Galileans, who were mainly from the tribe of Benjamin (The ‘Light-bearing’ Tribe). It was from this section of people from whom came all of the disciples except Judas. These were the GOOD FIGS referred to in the 24th. chapter of Jeremiah. Most of the true descendants of Israel of the Babylonian captivity were to be found in this group. But there were also the Idumeans, comprising the ‘mixed multitude’ who came back with the others from Babylon. These also mixed with the people of the land who were NOT Israelites, and constituted the BAD figs of Jeremiah’s prophecy. It was these people who were claiming to be God’s people, and whom our Lord Jesus Christ accused of being ‘Children of their father the devil.’ The good section of these people, that is, the Galilean section, later escaped and joined up with their brethren of the twelve tribes already migrating westward. [/FONT]​

C

cfultz3

All natural born Jews are Isrealites. God knows who they are. thats all that matters

of course not all isrealites are jews.. there are 12 sons of Isreal.
I agree with you. My only point is that not all Jews are Jews.

A

AnandaHya

Because people can't accept a SPIRITUAL Kingdom of God but would by force make the world into what THEY want and not what GOD wants....

John 6:15
When Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force, to make him a king, he departed again into a mountain himself alone.

E

eternally-gratefull

I agree with you. My only point is that not all Jews are Jews.
lol true. then again, not all Christians are Christians ;)

E

eternally-gratefull

[/color]

Are there bible verses showing the difference between the two?? I don't think I have seen them.
Romans shows a difference. In chapter 9 he speaks of his true brethren Israel, and how being national Israel does not make a you a spiritual one.

yet in Romans 11 he says National Israel has been cut off. (as a group or nation), but will be grafted in again, They are our enemy for the sake of the gospel. But beloved for the sake of the fathers (the promises)