God help me..

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nana7
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

Nana7

Guest
I was so depressed yesterday and after I came on this site and people prayed for me and I chatted with some people I felt so wonderful but now today satan keeps attacking my mind again so much to get me to doubt God and give up on the people I love and care about and that I am trusting God to save and change them. Why can't Satan just leave me alone!? I knows he's my ONLY enemy but he's making me think people are my enemy instead!
 
A) Humans are bad enough on our own. Sometimes we do get attacked, but sometimes our own mind can attack us. Personally i tend to not focus so much on what satan is, or is not, doing in my life, as much as i focus on what do i do to myself.
Satan is an instigator. He takes what is already there and uses it against us. But the key there is that it's something that is already there to begin with, more often than not.
Do you have depression often? Or is this something that is a situation you're going through?

B) Satan isn't really our only enemy. Humans can also be our enemy, and since you are a human, you can be an enemy to yourself. This is what the battle of spirit vs flesh is all about. Your flesh is destructive, depressive, manipulative, selfish, has trouble letting go of things, etc...
It's your spirit that fights those things. Even without satan your life would be a struggle, because we live inside our enemy, our body. Our own mind and thinking can be trouble enough.

This is why growth is so important. We not only grow to learn about fighting satan, but to fight ourselves, fight our own flesh... our own thoughts even.

Anyways, i hope this helps, maybe gives a new insight into how to view approach and battle things.
 
@Ugly...Well yes your comment did help. Well my situation would be that I am trying to get my boyfriend Carlos to repent and be saved. He used to walk with God but then he started hanging out with old bad friends and has drifted away from God and has fallen into the wordly temptations. Now he gets angry whenever I even try to mention God. It's like satan entered his body and is holding him captive to do his will. Carlos was the godly one at first cause he helped me want to seek God and change and now I am trying to help him before his life worsens with the world.
 
Have you tried actually asking him why he gets so angry? While it may seem like satan to you, there may be more going on you aren't aware of. There must be something behind his change, not that he just magically changed one day for no reason.

Situations like that are always difficult to know what to do. Do you leave because he's walked away? Or do you stay because he's going through a phase and will get past it? Emotions and feelings always say to stay. But they aren't always right. Perhaps the thing to pray for is where should You be in all this? If you are staying because of your emotional connection, then it will drag you down. If you stay because, after triple checking, you find God wants you to stay, then stay.

I'm in a somewhat different but similar situation. My ex dumped me out of nowhere last Nov. We stayed best friends, but she's taken a turn for the worst. She prays just enough to feel that she hasn't walked away from God, but doesn't have a desire to live for Him. Kind of straddling the fence. I know i'd love to have her back, but don't see it happening. Yet at the same time i feel God wants me to stay, and that He fuels my feelings for her. It's pretty torturous haha. So i understand that confusing mess of emotions when someone you love is not living right.
And as someone who has dealt with depression most of my life, i can relate to those feelings as well. Especially these past few months.
 
[h=1]@Nana7, I am on the same page with you :( [/h]men who are are swayed and having fun on this world and when you try to correct them they think you are their enemy because you are trying to prevent them from the pleasurable things they are doing. sad, just sad.
 
@Ugly I get what you are saying but God has put it in my heart not to give up on this man and I feel that the right godly thing to do is pray for Carlos and believe and trust God will change him and lead him back to Him. I am not going to let satan defeat us.
 
@venti2015 It's a crazy spiritual battle we are all going through. Only God can change these people for the better. We just have to keep praying for them and not give up cause God never gave up on us and we are all sinners.
 
I have the same feelings towards my ex. Everyone says to walk away, but i feel that would be disobedient.
 
@Ugly Do not give up. Satan is out to steal, kill and destroy relationships. He does not want us to get married and seek God. Don't let satan win. Keep praying and trusting God for restoration. God is the God of restoration and second chances and God can change anyone and soften the hardest heart.
 
Amazing! I'm going through this, too.
Except, this person is not living badly.
She's a christian, but has chosen for some absolutely mind-boggling reason unbeknownst to me, to treat me as if I don't even exist.
It's the strangest thing, because as christians, we are called to be forgivers and to love one another.
I have seen some pretty horrendous things said and done by ppl, and yet be forgiven, and many times the ppl reconcile the relationship to a better place than it was before.
But in this case, this person goes about her business as if everything is beautiful, except one thing...every attempt I've made to find some way to communicate has been completely ignored.
I don't know if she just thinks it's an innocent joke or something, because this is actually quite a cruel thing to do to somebody, and I just don't see her being that way, but the more that time goes by, the more confused, depressed and sad I get. I believe love doesn't give up, and maybe she knows that, so she keeps this up, hoping I will finally give up, and she can say, ah-ha, see, you gave up! I don't know. All I know is if someone hurt me, even really bad, but then came to me repeatedly saying please forgive me, or can we at least talk, I would, as a christian, do my best to extend the love and forgiveness that God would want me to.
But in this case, I don't know why she ended things, and all I know now is, she's mad because I tried too hard to find out why.
Well, what else would anyone do?
I could see if we weren't christians, maybe...
I've been guilty of allowing friendships to go by,
from long ago, due to being not a very good person, and having my own insecurities, etc.
It wasn't right, though.
But that was 30 years ago.
This is happening today, between christians, and it doesn't make sense that there can't be SOME kind of communication, let alone a full reconciliation, and I wonder what God might be thinking about the whole thing.
I guess we should all pray for each other...Ugly, Nana, anyone else that reads your blog.
I thank you for writing it, it really hit home.
And I've got to say, Nana, you're obviously very attractive with a heart for God, Carlos must have his heart and his eyes closed to not know what he's losing if he keeps hurting you...Same thing with ugly's companion.

Father, I pray for all of us here who are struggling with relationships and being blocked from sharing love. Please help us to continue on in faith in you, and not get bitter over our situations. Thank you, Lord, that you understand, and can comfort us and grow us in spite of certain rejections. Pls bless our companions and help them see we want the best for them, and love covers a multitude of sins. Thank you, Jesus. Amen.
 
@nu2see, i am suffering same as you do, only in my case it is like i am begging a time or just a spare time only if he finish from everything. like an option, spare tire...it is so tiring and the crazy thing si that we are both Christians.. :( God have mercy i am really shuttered. :(
 
@nu2see, i am suffering same as you do, only in my case it is like i am begging a time or just a spare time only if he finish from everything. like an option, spare tire...it is so tiring and the crazy thing is that we are both Christians.. :( God have mercy i am really shuttered. :(
holding on but i am broken everyday into pieces :'(
 
@venti2015 and @nu2see......We can't give up at all because God never gave up on us through everything we have done in life before we gave Him our life to serve Him. That is one main reason I keep forgiving my boyfriend Carlos through this horrible spiritual battle and I don't hold grudges on him, fight with him or get revenge or anything like that because God says to forgive 777 times and to turn the other cheek. The worldly people might say we are being dumb by letting these people we love walk all over us and treat us bad and cruel and act like we don't exist. But I don't care what the world says because all I care about is what God says because God is the ONLY one who can change our situation and restore our relationships. At the end it is all going to be worth it because God will change our loved ones for the better and God keeps his promises and God is faithful. We just have to keep praying, declaring and thanking God and act like God has already done what we have asked for. That is what faith is all about. Yes satan is going to make us doubt but we have to rebuke him cause satan is a liar. And we have to remember that the people we love are being help captive by satan and his demons to do his will. Remember the Bible says that we are NOT dealing with people made of flesh and blood but the evil rulers of this unseen world so we can't give up at all. Let's not let satan defeat and ruin the people we love.
 
Fight the enemy, separate from him, and friends that talk you into doing his deeds. It is tough, find a small church if not a member already. Check Ames Bible Study for some daily readings. Peace, thoughts and prayers.
 
I was just reading some of your comments here and its the same I'm going through, unfortunately I suppose I lost faith in our relationship, yet I have found that when I give her to God in prayer, and turn myself away from hoping it will be what I wanted so much, I have a closer relationship with God. sometimes 2 people aren't right for one another, and the most loving thing we can do is to let go and just pray that Gods will will be done in their life. just my unwarranted thoughts
 
Hang in there guys, God will reveal what is really best for us, He will restore if it is meant for us and he will replace if it is not really doing good and not glorifying him anymore. God is our refuge and fortress. He just want our faith that no matter what, we wont run to the world but to Him alone.
God bless you all guys, I thank God for this thread.
let us keep praying for one another :)
 
when-gods-warriors-go-down-on-their-knees-the-battle-is-not
 
1Co 2:16 But we have the mind of Christ.

Psalm 141:3 Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips.
Psalm 141:4 Incline not my heart to any evil thing, to practise wicked works

When afflicted pray to the Father in Jesus name for the mind of Christ and Psalm 141
God Bless :)