God In A Tea Cup

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
His people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. ((Hosea 4:6, Proverbs 29:18, Amos 8:11 etc))
eschewing knowledge isn't a path to escaping confusion, but to causing it.
His people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. ((Hosea 4:6, Proverbs 29:18, Amos 8:11 etc))
eschewing knowledge isn't a path to escaping confusion, but to causing it.

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
So now you see why I posted this post. if we do what is in the cup, we don't need anything else
but people complicate things by saying things that do not bring anyone closer to God. note
that Jesus called the Pharisees hypocrits at best and other things not so nice. people that
argue words might as well be third millennium pharsisees.. you can know the scriptures word for
word from genesis but not have God living you your heart it would all be useless every bit of it
I see preaches on tv on sundays sometime and some put doctor in front on their name as if that
gives them credibility. If there is no love in their heart. they are not of God period...they are pathetic
the last conversation Jesus had with peter before he went back to heaven
Jesus asked Peter 3 times if he loved Him
3times peter said yes Lord you know I love you ...not once did he as Peter what He Knew
He didn't give Petter a 200 Question bubble test....did He? knowledge without fait is nothing

and by the way, scripture says in Corintians that Christ is of no value those who observe the
old law. when you start throwing out old testament. things..remember that even the ten
commandments are of no value to us because Christ gave us a better commandment....
Love the Lord with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself ...if we don't love our neighbor
we don't love God. that too is scripture. I have stayed with you all this time because you
have been brainwashed and don't allow yourself to think on your own just you and God and no one else
talk to God daily sir and never mind preachers and teachers.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
_
ב
Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way?
by taking heed thereto according to Thy word.

(Psalm 119:9)
_

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
people complicate things by saying things that do not bring anyone closer to God.
did Jesus say anything that did not bring people to know God more? does God waste words.

if He didn't how necessary is it to know and understand everything He says?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
people complicate things by saying things that do not bring anyone closer to God.
you're right; people's conversation should be filled with knowledge of God. :)

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord!
(Colossians 3:16)
His word should dwell richly in us in wisdom. Proverbs 1:22 -- wisdom isn't simplicity. complex things may be simply stated, but it's wise to have much more than a simple understanding of complex things. Proverbs 1:5-7

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Christ gave us a better commandment....
Love the Lord with all your heart and your neighbor as yourself
yes, Christ gave that law. in Deuteronomy 6 & Leviticus 19 ;)
and in John 13:34-35 He says He gives "
a new commandment"

how do you know these words? they are in the OT; God gave them. how do you know that? you heard it, or read it; what has been written long ago was passed down to you. those are things you know, friend, facts which are beside the fact that there is a god who loves you. so there is more you need to know: your own argumentation proves it; it rests on it.

there's no other foundation - we need to know Christ, and all the scripture testifies of Him. therefore what we need to know is hidden in all those words, on every page, because what we need to know isn't a 'what' it's a Who - we need to know Christ. Christ is far more than 'god loves you' - what is love? Who is Love? John 13:34 -- it is "new" because He says, "as I have loved you." knowledge of Him is life. so i wouldn't say, we only need to know that He loves us. i would say, we need to know all about Him possible for us to know - who He is, what He does, where He is, how; why

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
God created us because He loves us.
He wanted us to love Him with all our hearts,
All we need to know is that and nothing else
If we don't love Him we put us at our own peril.
Everything else is an intellectual exercise.
I partly agree with you, God does love us, and its important to note that as we walk in Gods direction. However that is not all we need to know, knowing that God loves us is not the Be all End all. We need confirmation, and good relationships are always give and take.

Dec 28, 2016
all of what you posted happens because not enough love God...they would rather complicate things instead.
Lost people cannot love God, only those He saves love Him. Note Romans 8:5-8.