God is a God of love; does he wink at our sin?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 31, 2011
Lots of posters believe that when Christ came in the flesh and made symbolic blood of animals obsolete with His blood, and when we received the Holy Spirit to guide us, it also made many God principles obsolete.

In Jeremiah it says: Jeremiah 27:5 "'"I made the earth, humankind, and the animals on the earth bymy great power and my outstretched arm; and I give it to whom it seems right tome.”

As an example, God sent His people to Babylon because they worshipped other Gods. God even told them to accept this as His will and make the best of it.

Do you reallythink we are understanding Paul correctly, to decide that Christ changed the principles of His Father we read about in the OT? Our people are telling our government to stand behind abortion. That men with men and women with women is a right way for marriage. Slowly, we are accepting the worship of other Gods in our country, not only individually but with government protection.

Is God winking?

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Lots of posters believe that when Christ came in the flesh and made symbolic blood of animals obsolete with His blood, and when we received the Holy Spirit to guide us, it also made many God principles obsolete.

In Jeremiah it says: Jeremiah 27:5 "'"I made the earth, humankind, and the animals on the earth bymy great power and my outstretched arm; and I give it to whom it seems right tome.”

As an example, God sent His people to Babylon because they worshipped other Gods. God even told them to accept this as His will and make the best of it.

Do you reallythink we are understanding Paul correctly, to decide that Christ changed the principles of His Father we read about in the OT? Our people are telling our government to stand behind abortion. That men with men and women with women is a right way for marriage. Slowly, we are accepting the worship of other Gods in our country, not only individually but with government protection.

Is God winking?
winking no, long suffering yes.
Hebrews 10

[SUP]26 [/SUP]For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
[SUP]27 [/SUP]But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
[SUP]28 [/SUP]He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
[SUP]29 [/SUP]Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
[SUP]30 [/SUP]For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
[SUP]31 [/SUP]It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The source of all pain and suffering is the wrong doing of mankind, sin. Mankind is not perfect without adding one important ingredient, Yeshua, Jesus. With Him men who truly believe Him are counted worthy, and they are not guilty of iniquity anymore, again, providing they believe our Lord.
Our heavenly Father could not possibly wink at the cause of our pain and suffering, this is why we look forward to the everlasting joy and happiness of His Kingdom, with His way being our way, amen. Glory hallelujah, amen!

P

psychomom

sin is, quite literally, deadly serious business.

i don't think we'll ever fully appreciate just how much God detests it.

so, no. no winking.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
no. God does not wink at sin.