God is HOLY! can you pls share verses on the Holiness of God.....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sherril

What do we know though Gods word about His Holiness?........Psalms 99:1-3.....(1)..The Lord reigneth; let the people tremble: he sitteth between the cherubims; let the earth be moved....(2)..The Lord is great in Zion; and He is high above all people.......(3)..Let them praise they Great and Terrible name; for it is HOLY.......please share verses toward who our God is, and that He is Holy..love in Christ Sherril....:)

S

Sherril

Lev. 19:2 Speak unto all the congregation of the children of Israel, and say unto them, Ye shall be holy: for I the LORD your God am holy.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Psalms 77:1-20, "77:1, "My voice is to the Mighty One, and I cry; My voice is to the Mighty One, and He listened to me."77:2, "In the day of my distress I sought יהוה; My hand was stretched out in the night And it did not cease, My being refused to be comforted."77:3, "I remembered the Mighty One, and groaned; I complained, and my spirit grew faint. Selah."77:4, "You ceased the watches of my eyes, I was too troubled to speak."77:5, "I have thought about the days of old, The years long past."77:6, "I remember my song in the night, I meditate within my heart, And my spirit searches diligently."77:7, "Would יהוה reject forever, And never again be pleased?"77:8, "Has His loving-commitment ceased forever, Has the promise failed for all generations?"77:9, "Has Ěl forgotten to show favour? Has He shut up His compassions in displeasure? Selah."77:10, "And I said, “This is my grief: That the right hand of the Most High has changed.”"77:11, "I remember the deeds of Yah, For I remember Your wonders of old."77:12, "And I shall meditate on all Your work, And talk of Your deeds."77:13, "Your way, O Mighty One, is in Set-apartness (holiness); Who is a great Ěl like the Mighty One? 77:14, "You are the Ěl who does wonders; You have made known Your strength among the peoples."77:15, "By Your arm You have redeemed Your people, The sons of Ya‛aqoḇ and Yosĕph. Selah."77:16, "The waters saw You, O Mighty One; The waters saw You, they were afraid; The depths also trembled."77:17, "The clouds poured out water; The heavens rumbled; Also, Your arrows flashed back and forth."77:18, "The voice of Your thunder rolled along; Lightnings lit up the world; The earth trembled and shook."77:19, "Your way was in the sea, And Your path in the great waters, And Your footsteps were not known."77:20, "You did lead Your people like a flock By the hand of Mosheh and Aharon."

S

Sherril

Rev.4:8 And the four living creatures, each one of them having six wings, are full of eyes around and within; and day and night they do not cease to say, "HOLY, HOLY, HOLY is THE LORD GOD, THE ALMIGHTY, WHO WAS AND WHO IS AND WHO IS TO COME."

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Isaiah 5:16, “But יהוה of hosts is exalted in judgment, and the set-apart (holy) Strength is set-apart (holy) in righteousness.”

Psalm 89:18, “For יהוה is our shield, And the Set-apart (holy) One of Yisra’yl is our Sovereign (king).”

S

Sherril

Is 43:15 "I am the LORD, your Holy One, The Creator of Israel, your King."

S

Sherril

Ex. 15:11 "Who is like You among the gods, O LORD? Who is like You, majestic in holiness, Awesome in praises, working wonders?

S

Sherril

Abba God you are Righteous, Pure, Holy, & Just there is none like you.....we love you God Almighty Powerful one all that you are is good.....

S

Sherril

Ps. 77:13 Your way, O God, is holy; What god is great like our God?

S

Sherril

Rev.15:4 Who will not fear, O Lord, and glorify Your name? For You alone are holy; For ALL THE NATIONS WILL COME AND WORSHIP BEFORE YOU, FOR YOUR RIGHTEOUS ACTS HAVE BEEN REVEALED."

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Deuteronomy 32:3-4, “For I proclaim the Name of יהוה, Ascribe greatness to our Mighty One. The Rock! His work is perfect, For all His ways are right-ruling, An Power of truth and without unrighteousness, Righteous and straight is He."

S

Sherril

Is 6:3 And one called out to another and said, "Holy, Holy, Holy, is the LORD of hosts, The whole earth is full of His glory."

S

Sherril

1 Sam. 2:2 "There is no one holy like the LORD, Indeed, there is no one besides You, Nor is there any rock like our God.

S

Sherril

Luke 1:49 "For the Mighty One has done great things for me; And holy is His name.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Exodus 34:5-7, "Then YHWH descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the Name of YHWH. YHWH passed in front of him, and proclaimed: YHWH, YHWH Almighty, merciful and compassionate, longsuffering, and abounding in righteousness and truth. Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity, and transgression, and sin; but by no means leaving unpunished those who are guilty; Who visits the sin of the fathers upon the children and the children's children, to the third and fourth generation."

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
Be ye holy, for I AM HOLY.....
1 Peter/Kepha 1:13-21,
"Therefore, gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the undeserved pardon that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Yahshua Messiah. As obedient children, do not conform to the former lusts you had when you lived in ignorance; But as He Who called you is holy, so you also become holy in all your conduct; Because it is written Be holy, for I am holy. (Leviticus 11:43-47, Leviticus 19:2-4) And if you call on the Father, Who, without respect of persons judges according to each man's work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your sojourning here in reverence; Knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, such as silver or gold, from your idolatrous way of life handed down to you by tradition from your forefathers; But with the precious blood of Messiah, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot; Who truly was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you; Who through Him we do believe in YHWH, Who raised Him up from the dead, and gave Him glory; that your faith and hope might be in YHWH."

S

Sherril

So if i may ask as how such a Holy God reflects into His children?.....He is our Heavenly Father.....when a person is born-again (John 3) into the family of God by His Spirit... God the only true God that we serve is truly the example for us to follow.....we as redeemed, saved, children of God are to follow after His heart doing His word....being lead by the Holy Spirit, we are instruments in the hands of God.... living in this world to be a light, as Jesus shines through us....so our God as He is Holy in all things desires us to be walking out His will on the earth..

S

Sherril

Ps 29:2 Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
So if i may ask as how such a Holy God reflects into His children?.....He is our Heavenly Father.....when a person is born-again (John 3) into the family of God by His Spirit... God the only true God that we serve is truly the example for us to follow.....we as redeemed, saved, children of God are to follow after His heart doing His word....being lead by the Holy Spirit, we are instruments in the hands of God.... living in this world to be a light, as Jesus shines through us....so our God as He is Holy in all things desires us to be walking out His will on the earth..
This is the question I think we all need to ask ourselves!!!

I am not perfect but this is my view on the matter! IN my own words first, Yahshua is the perfect example for us to follow, YHWH will strengthen us and guide us more and more if we turn to Him, putting His Spirit in us, but we must lean upon Him and not our own will. Seeking His will and being a light for His use, then a human will truly find joy, comfort and purpose! Only in YHWH do we have salvation and a right path! praiseYah!!!

Matthew 28:19-20, “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

John 13:15, “For I (Yahshua/Jesus) gave you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.”

1 Peter 2:21, “This is, in fact, what you were called to do, because Messiah also suffered for you and left an example for you to follow in His steps.

1 John 1:26, “The one who says that he abides in him must live the same way he (Yahsua/Jesus) himself lived.”

1 John/Yahanan 2:6, "He who says he abides in Him, is himself also obligated to walk as He walked."

1 John 3:24, “And the one guarding His commands stays in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He stays in us, by the Spirit which He gave us.”

John/Yahanan 15:5-16, "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, produces much fruit; but without Me, you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away like a branch, and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and letting My words; abide in you, you will ask what you will, and it will be done for you. In this is My Father glorified: when you produce much fruit; and in this way you become My disciples. Just as the Father has loved Me, so have I loved you; continue in My love. If you keep My Commands, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's Commands, and abide in His love. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be complete. This is My Command: Love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: that one would lay down his life on behalf of his brothers. You are My brothers, if you do whatever I command you."

Ezekiel 11:19-21, “And I shall give them one heart, and put a new spirit within you. And I shall take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh, so that they walk in My laws, and guard My right-rulings, and shall do them. And they shall be My people and I shall be their Strength. But to those whose hearts walk after the heart of their disgusting matters and their abominations, I shall recompense their deeds on their own heads,” declares the Master יהוה.”

Psalm 86:11, “Teach me Your way, O YHWH; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name.”

Psalm 40:4, “Blessed is that man who has made יהוה his trust, And has not turned to the proud, And those turning aside to falsehood.”

Proverbs 3:5-7, “Trust in יהוה with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; Know Him in all your ways, And He makes all your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear יהוה and turn away from evil.”

Isaiah 45:21-25,21 “Declare and bring near, let them even take counsel together. Who has announced this from of old? Who has declared it from that time? Is it not I, יהוה? And there is no mighty one besides Me, a righteous Ěl and a Saviour, there is none besides Me."22 “Turn to Me and be saved, all you ends of the earth! For I am Ěl, and there is none else."23 “I have sworn by Myself, a word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, so that to Me every knee shall bow, every tongue swear."24 “One shall say, ‘Only in יהוה do I have righteousness and strength’ – he comes to Him. And all those displeased with Him shall be put to shame."25 “In יהוה all the seed of Yisra’ĕl shall be declared right and boast.”"