GOD IS LOVE!

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

leelee

Senior Member
Sep 5, 2011
1,258
8
38
37
God made us, He knows us better than anyone ever can, He knows our heart and He knows our actual souls.
What makes this so amazing is that even though He knows all the bad things about us He wants us to be with Him!

Let me make this clear though so people understand....He wants us to spend forever in His company and all we really have to do is accept that He is the only one who can save us.

When you accept God it changes you, you don't want to sin but we are Gods children and how many know kids make mistakes!? Wilful disobedience is different but it doesn't make Him love us less!

He is our Father and He loves us unconditionally! Even if we are being naughty He still loves us!

When are saved it is by His grace, the definition of Grace is unmerited favour! We don't earn it; we are blessed by it.

I think God might like it if we showed a bit more love to each other, and a bit more respect, did everybody catch the good samaratin in sunday school (if you were saved later in life I guess you may have missed it but I am certain you know the story)?


So 1, 2, 3 all together now.....GOD IS LOVE!!!!
 
I was looking forward to this when I saw you said you would post about God's love.
God is love indeed :D !
This blesses me mightily!
 
Lol thanks, I just feel like I have spent the last few days saying it over and over and over! I thought maybe I should just put it all in one place! Does it meet your approval? :P
 
Meet my approval? It surpasses my thoughts as to why God would love a man such as I, or a man such as anyone :D!

This IS the gospel!

I hope someone who needs this sees this.
 
It is pretty incredible! It feels so good to know God loves you but His love is so massive we can't even comprehend how much He feels for us!
I just feel so blessed.
 
This is all so true. I think, with absolute awe, of God creating us and creating our whole world along with the principles that run it. When we are in tune with all of this through the blood of Christ, through the forgiveness and grace that makes us part of the kingdom so we can live with God forever, it is so overwhelming.

We must not forget, however, that Christ will return as a warrior. Those who do not include God in their lives will meet God, not as all forgiving of everything, but at the end of His patience.
 
And here is the character/nature of God's love:
1Cor.13

[6] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
Heb.1

[9] Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
 
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. ( John 3:16 )

And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee. ( Deuteronomy 7:13 )


The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind: the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down: the LORD loveth the righteous: ( Psalm 146:8 )

For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee. ( Isaiah 62:5 )

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. ( Jeremiah 31:3 )

Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work. ( 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 )

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. ( Zephaniah 3:17 )

I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.
( Hosea 14:4 )

The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the LORD: but he loveth him that followeth after righteousness. ( Proverbs 15:9 )

Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul. ( Jeremiah 32:41 )

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; )
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. ( Ephesians 2:4-7 )

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. ( 1 John 4:10 )

And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. ( 1 John 4:16 )

We love him, because he first loved us. ( 1 John 4:19 )

For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. ( John 16:27 )

I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. ( John 17:23 )

And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them. ( John 17:26 )
 
1 John 5:3
(3) For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.