God is trying to send me...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

claysmithr

God is trying to send me to talk to strangers I encounter, however I'm not very comfortable with it at this time and a few times I have ignored people that God has wanted me to talk to.

I'm also socially awkward and not good at conversation.

Not sure how I am going to get better at talking to strangers or approaching strangers in strange places about Jesus.

Any advice?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
You have me curious, may I ask... what makes you think He is wanting you to talk to strangers? Is it the scripture about being hospitable to them?

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Ok my apologies, I think I asked before reading the question presented more thoroughly. I suppose I understand better now. If we are afraid to approach strangers, how can we share Christ and the gospel, right?

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I am convinced that God pushes us out of our comfort zone on purpose... look at all the "heroes" of the Old Testament, Noah, Moses, Aaron.. the list goes on and on. Most of them even questioned, or argued with God about what He called them to do. His answer to them was basically "don't worry about your perceived weaknesses... I will give you the words to say " etc....

I would suggest that you don't worry about what to say to them... start out by listening to them, and then speak to them from your heart about THEIR situation. Don't come at them with an "agenda". Talk to them exactly "where they're at.." God will guide you to say what is needed, through the Spirit... Listen..... don't "preach".....

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Great response hornetguy, He really does guide us, we make ourselves available to be His hands and feet,
and He warns us of danger, when the door is open, when it is closed.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
God is trying to send me to talk to strangers I encounter, however I'm not very comfortable with it at this time and a few times I have ignored people that God has wanted me to talk to.

I'm also socially awkward and not good at conversation.

Not sure how I am going to get better at talking to strangers or approaching strangers in strange places about Jesus.

Any advice?
We can simply ask if there is anything they need prayer for and then take it from there. Don't b discouraged if some say no because some r going to say yes!

C

claysmithr

I am convinced that God pushes us out of our comfort zone on purpose... look at all the "heroes" of the Old Testament, Noah, Moses, Aaron.. the list goes on and on. Most of them even questioned, or argued with God about what He called them to do. His answer to them was basically "don't worry about your perceived weaknesses... I will give you the words to say " etc....

I would suggest that you don't worry about what to say to them... start out by listening to them, and then speak to them from your heart about THEIR situation. Don't come at them with an "agenda". Talk to them exactly "where they're at.." God will guide you to say what is needed, through the Spirit... Listen..... don't "preach".....
Thanks, sometimes I wonder how I should start the conversation. Should I start by asking them what I can pray for them for? How do you break the ice with complete strangers?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Thanks, sometimes I wonder how I should start the conversation. Should I start by asking them what I can pray for them for? How do you break the ice with complete strangers?

Uhmm..

First, I would start off by asking them if they would like to be prayed for/ with. If they say yes, then ask what specifically they would like prayer for.