Hi Bill...Yes I believe it because I believe in every word of God...Do you know it?
Do you believe it?
Hi Bill
Ive been musing this afternoon about many different topics that seem to be one when looking at the overall of threads.
And Genesis being the beginning of our age is a good place to look for the root of all our difficulties.
Hath God said.
Your question strikes at the heart of our many problems. Does God love us even as He loves His Son? Or even getting personal, does He love me? As much as Jesus?
Isnt this the beginning of our spiritual warfare? Do we even war against lies? Or go through our life with unanswered questions, and accepting fate? The fatalistic view? It's all His will whatever happens?
Interesting thread. You may be going an entirely different way with your thoughts, but this is where I am this day.![]()
Hi Bill...Yes I believe it because I believe in every word of God...
“I am not praying for these alone, but also for the future believers who will come to me because of the testimony of these. . . . so that the world will know you sent me and will understand THAT YOU LOVE THEM AS MUCH AS YOU LOVE ME.” (John 17:20,23)...xox...
If we believe this, then what?
Jesus died for all...God loves everyone and wants none to perish...His arms are open to all , so yes , He loves everyone...xox...What about non believers?
Exekiel 33:11As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and liveWhat about non believers?
Great question, and one that needs to be asked.
What do you think?
I like stoneoffire's line of thinking here. What if God, the Father, does love us as much as He loves His Son? What does that mean to me, personally? For one, we may be in His presence unhindered. It is a warm embrace, and at times, an endearing correction (for our own sake). It means that He cares about us, and what we are doing, how we are doing it, and the direction of our life. What else does it signify, that God loves us as He loves Jesus?
If Father loves me as much as He loves Jesus, and I believe He does, then all things are mine through the inheritance that Jesus has left for us as His body!
You say Jesus said this Bill. I'm not questioning that He didn't, butbasking where you saw it. My reason for believing this may be different than yours.
Exekiel 33:11As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live
I don't think we have the capacity to fully comprehend the love of God. It is so full and far beyond our ability to understand. And then we read Eph 3:14-19:
14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
How can we know the love of Christ if it surpasses knowledge? Reminds me of Phil 4:7 and the peace of God which passess all understanding.
It's all about God revealing spiritual truths to us in our inner man. I do not believe we can quantify those truths He reveals to us.
John 17:23
23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.
Do you know it?
Do you believe it?
Thank you. Never had this jump out and hit me. Lol
however, one with them has.