God makes mistakes

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kenisyes

So the ONLY thing the most powerful being in existance can do to save us is by torchoring his son here.
The most loving thing is always the personal touch. And He didn't torture Jesus, humans did.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
So the ONLY thing the most powerful being in existance can do to save us is by torchoring his son here.

Maybe I should change my veiw of all powerful from being a guy that can do anything to a little less then Harry Potter. Like a alchemist, something like Edward.
Jesus's purpose when here on earth: to fulfill the law and prophets of the Old Teastament
Matthew 5:17[ The Fulfillment of the Law ] “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

When he did this fulfilled the Law and Prohets the death the torture was allowed and necessary for a new Covenat to be put in place and this also showed the wickedness of mankind. Jesus did not fight back physically because his kingdom is not of this world
Hebrews 9:15For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance—now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.
Hebrews 9:16In the case of a will, it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it,
Hebrews 9:17
because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living.

Now today through the cross we are all under a new covenat the penalty of sin being death has now been paid for all, but not all have understood this and therefore have not come to new life in him in the Spirit to his kingdom
We are not saved by the death at the cross we are saved by the resurrection
Romans 5:10For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!
2 Corinthians 5:18All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:
2 Corinthians 5:20We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.
So you can have new life now by seeing what he did and thus believbe in him (Christ)
He is through the death our
Romans 3:25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
1 John 2:2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
1 John 4:10Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Therefore God made no mistakes man did and does but God has had Mercy on us all, but not all have recieved it, and some even act as if theygot it and do not, which is what might have hurt you. God just love you

T

twofeet

Maybe I should change my veiw of all powerful from being a guy that can do anything to a little less then Harry Potter. Like a alchemist, something like Edward.

My Ex husband had a very similar attitude to yours. He knew God was real and he knew that he would be punished for his sins.....he was VERY angry at God for that because he knew it was truth. The truth of his his attitude was he WANTED to live life HIS way and not Gods. He WANTED to continue in sin so therefore tried to blame God for his own rebellion. Look at Judas who betrayed Jesus......he would rather take his OWN life than repent and give it to God....its actually the height of rebellion. I think its time you got real with yourself Dekote. Everyone on here has clearly spelt out to you Gods love but you just dont want to accept it because it gives you an excuse to continue in your sin. The moment you stop blaming God will be the day you see yourself more clearly and what the real issue is.

Mar 2, 2013
Satan was a mistake
Hitler was a mistake
Adam and Eve were huge mistakes
This planet was a mistake
Hades is a mistake
I'm a mistake

The only way those weren't mistakes is if he knew and thought it would be fun.
Are you blaming God for your mistakes?
Everybody has a choice to make, right or left, up or down, whatever.
If you do not follow the map to God, you will end up with Satan as there are only two paths.

gert

Banned
Apr 3, 2013
All those you mentioned did things on their own will. God never forced them to do anything. They sinned based on their own choices.
so you think having adam and eve who where no more than children having access to the tree of knowledge in the garden of eden was not god fault ?

ive no god brain but i know children touch things and if i didnt want them to eat things i would have put it where they couldnt reach it

next time you see a child who ate some medicine,drugs,bleech whos fault is it?
the parents or the childs then you know who really was to blame for the eating for the forbidden fruit

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2013
so you think having adam and eve who where no more than children having access to the tree of knowledge in the garden of eden was not god fault ?

ive no god brain but i know children touch things and if i didnt want them to eat things i would have put it where they couldnt reach it

the parents or the childs then you know who really was to blame for the eating for the forbidden fruit
Adam and Eve could talk and make decisions, thus adults. Satan tempted them with the fruit, maybe in his hand already and not plucked by Eve. To show God respect you will refer to Him as 'God' and not god. God does NOT make mistakes, He creates the perfect but man has made the choice to destroy it, from the beginning.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012

God does not lie. They were told what would be done if they did eat of that tree only WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you really do have an issue with God yes?
there is no evil in God, free choice prooves this for without free choice God could or anyone could not claim love without giving free choice to the others. Adam and Eve were full grown not goga gaga babies. They chose what they chose and yet God still had Mercy on them and they only died Spiritually not physically at that time
But Gert God so loved us all that he gave us the meanes of total restoration through his Son Jesus at the cross first he wiped out the sin issue of causing death then came back to life to give you Gert yes you Gert a new life in him of the Spirit of him, making you whole in him as it was with Adam and Eve prior to eating of that evil tree
Love you Gert