God Saves the LOST

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CLee622

Feb 27, 2017
Just wanted to share. I have never met anyone else yet with a testimony like mine so I wanted to post here and see if anyone has had a similar experience ---

I was raised without religion of any kind. My parents tried to teach me to do right and not do wrong. In my early adult years I found that seeking what made me happy did not make me happy. Living very wrong. Not seeking Him at all.

So I agree to visit a small church with my best friend because her brother in law took over - and everyone that had previously gone left because he was young(er) and has tattoos. I say sure I can sit there for a bit and leave. But the Spirit came and convicted me of my sin - I repented - I was born again. I agreed to be baptized a few weeks later just because I figured "that's what you did" but - somehow I STILL missed Who my Savior was.

Months later - I am shown the verses John 1:1 and John 1:14 and suddenly realize Who He was, why I was different and begin a love relationship with scripture. That was April 2011 and I have been growing ever since - despite suffering extreme emotional trials and circumstantial hardships. I know others are suffering more than I and I am comforted daily by Christ...alone.

Just wanted to share because most people in my area (called the "bible belt") were raised reading the Bible. But I was not and when I came to read those verses in John and it all somehow clicked - the scriptures have come alone and without the biased or teaching of humans but guided by the Spirit alone. So that is what I am here to promote, encourage and help others do. And maybe make friends too!

May God bless and keep you all.

Feb 7, 2017
It has taken me over 10 years to realize that I may sin but IM NOT A SINNER!

i am working on my testimony, so should be done soon (don't know why I said that other than I tired and can't sleep:(

CLee622

Feb 27, 2017
"I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance." Luke 15:7

I haven't had a problem calling myself a sinner, just being one ;) but it takes knowing the problem to seek change (or to be changed, rather) Paul even said "I am" a "chief" of sinners, not "I was" so that's interesting. I do understand what you mean and yes it's a gift of God that we do not deserve. Look forward to reading yours - thank you 'marsh' :D