I used to think in a narrow-minded way regarding God´s "needs"... If God wanted robots, he woud not have created angels self-willed and, if you see (on the Bible) that "out there" in Heavens there was a huge rebelion that brought out Satan and ITS fallen angels, you may see God gave THEM free will, to make their own choices (and humankind also has it).
1) If God "lacked" anything, like being worshipped ALL THE TIME, He could be SELFISH not giving other creatures their own life to live (and enjoy)... Were we created to be God´s pets, by the way?
2) If He was so "selfcentered" (as so many ppl insist on believing He is) I would not love Him, I could not love Him, because I lacked free will (and Jesus showed He placed His placed His will under God´s hands).
3) I like what the Scripture says, regarding the place of free will, wooed at, with LOVE bonds:
Jer 31:33 Here is the new agreement that I, the LORD, will make with the people of Israel: "I will write my laws on their hearts and minds. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
"Heb 10:16 "When the time comes, I will make an agreement with them. I will write my laws on their minds and hearts.Post 18 of:http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/117865-whats-your-idea-heaven.html#post2175414
1) If God "lacked" anything, like being worshipped ALL THE TIME, He could be SELFISH not giving other creatures their own life to live (and enjoy)... Were we created to be God´s pets, by the way?
2) If He was so "selfcentered" (as so many ppl insist on believing He is) I would not love Him, I could not love Him, because I lacked free will (and Jesus showed He placed His placed His will under God´s hands).
3) I like what the Scripture says, regarding the place of free will, wooed at, with LOVE bonds:
Jer 31:33 Here is the new agreement that I, the LORD, will make with the people of Israel: "I will write my laws on their hearts and minds. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
"Heb 10:16 "When the time comes, I will make an agreement with them. I will write my laws on their minds and hearts.Post 18 of:http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/117865-whats-your-idea-heaven.html#post2175414