On this date (March 15) eighteen years ago, my father died of a massive heart attack.I will never forget that cold, snowy day. I can remember attempting to give my father CPR while waiting for the paramedics to arrive at our house.I can remember seeing the flat line and the 0 on the heart monitor.I can remember one of the paramedics telling my mother and me, “I am sorry, but there is nothing we can do for him.”
Even though the day was one of the most difficult days of mylife, I can remember the comforting words God brought to my remembrance.It was Psalm 8:4a (KJV):What is man, that thou art mindful of him?These words reminded me that God was thinking about and caring for my family and me during this painful experience.
I pray that the words from Psalm 8:4a will be a comfort to you if you have lost a loved one or friend.
Heavenly Father, I pray for the people who read this blog entry.May they be comforted with the words from Psalm 8:4a.Fill them with Your love, joy, and peace today and every day.In Jesus’s name.AMEN
Even though the day was one of the most difficult days of mylife, I can remember the comforting words God brought to my remembrance.It was Psalm 8:4a (KJV):What is man, that thou art mindful of him?These words reminded me that God was thinking about and caring for my family and me during this painful experience.
I pray that the words from Psalm 8:4a will be a comfort to you if you have lost a loved one or friend.
Heavenly Father, I pray for the people who read this blog entry.May they be comforted with the words from Psalm 8:4a.Fill them with Your love, joy, and peace today and every day.In Jesus’s name.AMEN