God wants us sober, not drunk

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
Did God name him laughter? Isaac was his name not laughter God did not say that your seed will be called in laughter. He said in Isaac (son of Abraham) your seed will be called.

Also who translated his name to be laughter? Was it God or man? and exactly why was his name translated to be laughter?

The scripture says that Sarah laughed in unbelief when she was told she would have a child at the age of 90 and the Lord called her out on her unbelief and laughing at what God had said. She even tried to lie and say that she did not laugh.

Genesis 18
12 Therefore Sarah laughed within herself, saying, After I am waxed old shall I have pleasure, my lord being old also?

13 And the Lord said unto Abraham, Wherefore did Sarah laugh, saying, Shall I of a surety bear a child, which am old?

14 Is any thing too hard for the Lord? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.

15 Then Sarah denied, saying, I laughed not; for she was afraid. And he said, Nay; but thou didst laugh.
Gen 21:1, And the LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as he had spoken.
Gen 21:2, For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.
Gen 21:3, And Abraham called the name of his son that was born unto him, whom Sarah bare to him, Isaac.
Gen 21:4, And Abraham circumcised his son Isaac being eight days old, as God had commanded him.
Gen 21:5, And Abraham was an hundred years old, when his son Isaac was born unto him.
Gen 21:6, And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me.
Gen 21:7, And she said, Who would have said unto Abraham, that Sarah should have given children suck? for I have born him a son in his old age.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
I don't know about being possessed by demons, but it is apparent they were entertaining the wrong spirit.

Scripture warns us to be careful what spirit we entertain because it might well bear with us.

Many of these folks have been misled by greedy "so-called preachers" who are out to deceive for worldly gain.

Seems many in the church have no discernment or they would not entertain those worldly money-hungry preachers. They are willing to go along with and give audience to those filthy deceivers, and in so doing they get carried away with them in the wrong spirit.
Jesus will be the judge of them.

If they were entertaining the wrong spirit, is that not a demon?

These people appeared to have been possessed by this spirit that was moving among them.

It was one of three things:

1) a powerful demon that was able to simultaneously possess everyone in the room;

2) the flesh; or,

3) the Holy Spirit.

Since Christians cannot be demon-possessed I rule out #1.

I suppose that #2 is possible.

But I think that #3 is also possible.

You would have to look at the benefits.

Did the people involved become more fleshly over time?

Or, did they become more spiritual?

You will know a tree by its fruit.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
"But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping."--2 Peter 2:1-3
You have not shown that holy laughter is what Peter was speaking of in that passage.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
my other post timed out--this is the completed one.

I agree. Christians cannot be demon possessed, so anyone who behaves in this manner is likely not a Christian. Additionally, I corrected myself in another post saying it could also be mass hysteria--that is behavior that spreads in a group. There's a name for this phenomena--I can't recall what it is. However, I do believe some of them are demon possessed.

"Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world." 1 John 4:1
You would have to ask these people point blank as to whether they confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
Where is David laughing hysterically here? This is a momentous occasion and David is leaping and dancing for JOY--in an out of doors procession--it is a celebration! "There is a time and place for everything" And I'd say dancing is appropriate here.

"2 Then King David was told, “The Lord has blessed Obed-edom’s household and everything he has because of the Ark of God.” So David went there and brought the Ark of God from the house of Obed-edom to the City of David with a great celebration."--2 Samuel 6:12
I posted that because in the video you posted, there was a man who was indeed dancing for joy; and someone may have thought that he was "hysterical" if they were looking at it from a judgmental perspective.

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
I posted that because in the video you posted, there was a man who as indeed dancing for joy; and someone may have thought that he was "hysterical" if they were looking at it from a judgmental perspective.
Well, I would say in the context of the entire event--seeing how everyone is behaving --this is not the 'joy of the lord'---no more than one person jumping up and down gleefully at an out of control protest. Clearly this crown is out of control--and acting as if they are out of their minds.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
Well, I would say in the context of the entire event--seeing how everyone is behaving --this is not the 'joy of the lord'---no more than one person jumping up and down gleefully at an out of control protest. Clearly this crown is out of control--and acting as if they are out of their minds.
I think that your reaction is very much the same as Michal's reaction was to David when he became undignified in the passage in question.

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
I think that your reaction is very much the same as Michal's reaction was to David when he became undignified in the passage in question.
Two completely different things. It would be like comparing someone dancing at a wedding celebration to someone getting up to dance in the middle of a presidential inauguration.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
Two completely different things. It would be like comparing someone dancing at a wedding celebration to someone getting up to dance in the middle of a presidential inauguration.
David's dancing might even be compared to the latter.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
He gave me a drink from the Well just this past weekend on Saturday…I was in the very back at a Daniel Adams service in Fredericksburg Texas and sure enough Holy Spirit laughter erupted from my belly! Lol!
Daniel Adams is a false teacher who associates with other false teachers and false apostles. In the following video he even welcomes as a guest the false prophetess Kathryn Krick. Krick has been exposed a fraud. She's a tool of the false prophet GeorDavie. He anointed her and several of her friends.

Lafftur, I hope you're innocent in all this. I hope you truly don't know or understand God's word and you're just doing something that makes you feel better. But I must inform you that these people are liars. They're not teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. What they teach can never save you. I sincerely hope and pray you'll find the truth of God's word.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Daniel Adams is a false teacher who associates with other false teachers and false apostles. In the following video he even welcomes as a guest the false prophetess Kathryn Krick. Krick has been exposed a fraud. She's a tool of the false prophet GeorDavie. He anointed her and several of her friends.

Lafftur, I hope you're innocent in all this. I hope you truly don't know or understand God's word and you're just doing something that makes you feel better. But I must inform you that these people are liars. They're not teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. What they teach can never save you. I sincerely hope and pray you'll find the truth of God's word.

I absolutely LOVE Daniel Adams and Kathryn Krick! Persecution is real and comes from Religious Leaders NOT the world.

I also absolutely LOVE Isaiah Saldivar and Derek Prince....perhaps you'd like to add them to your list! lol! :giggle::love:(y)

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Persecution is real and comes from Religious Leaders NOT the world.
Who are the religious leaders who are persecuting you? I'm certainly not a religious leader; I'm just an ordinary guy. Is anyone who says anything negative about your idols a "religious leader" then, a Pharisee?

1ofthem

Mar 30, 2016
Gen 21:1, And the LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as he had spoken.
Gen 21:2, For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him.
Gen 21:3, And Abraham called the name of his son that was born unto him, whom Sarah bare to him, Isaac.
Gen 21:4, And Abraham circumcised his son Isaac being eight days old, as God had commanded him.
Gen 21:5, And Abraham was an hundred years old, when his son Isaac was born unto him.
Gen 21:6, And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me.
Gen 21:7, And she said, Who would have said unto Abraham, that Sarah should have given children suck? for I have born him a son in his old age.
I'm not following you here.

That has nothing to do with people laughing like madmen, telling jokes, pretending to be drunk, and all that stuff at a church service. It is evident that Hagin and Copeland are 100% fake. And like you said all we have to do is look at their fruits.

What does the scripture you posted have to do with what was taking place in those videos?

When first reading that scripture it does make you chuckle a little bit because of how old she was at the time...she laughed because she thought it wasn't possible. Then you realize it really wasn't good that she laughed when the Lord answers back and she even got scared and lied about it.

Those verses say nothing about Holy Spirit laughter...I'm not saying that one shouldn't be joyful but I've never seen anything in scripture that upholds what is taking place in those videos.

O

Oblio

I absolutely LOVE Daniel Adams and Kathryn Krick! Persecution is real and comes from Religious Leaders NOT the world.

I also absolutely LOVE Isaiah Saldivar and Derek Prince....perhaps you'd like to add them to your list! lol! :giggle::love:(y)
Derek's teaching on curses and deliverance are A-One...give God the Glory!

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021

I hear you saying you love a lot of human beings. How about the Lord Jesus? Or His word?

O

Oblio

My hope is not in the written word, though is precious to me...my hope is not in the fellowship of the saints...though they are precious to me...my hope is in YHVH/Elohim (Father, Son, Holy Spirit), the living God of Israel...alone!

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I hear you saying you love a lot of human beings. How about the Lord Jesus? Or His word?
Oh RA, take off those religious legalistic blinders....open your eyes! See our Heavenly Father's incredible LOVE flowing by His Word and His Holy Spirit through Daniel Adams, Kathryn Krick, Isaiah Saldivar, Derek Prince and others....to the Body of Christ!

You are LOOOOOOVED SOOOOOO MUCH!

So much evil was spoken by the Pharisees about Jesus Christ.....just saying. I don't believe anyone unless the Holy Spirit in me confirms He is in them, amen. :love:(y)

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Mark 16:18 says: "and if they drink anything deadly, it shall by no means hurt them;"

I think it would be interesting to take a genuine bottle of poison to one of Daniel Adam's or Kathryn Krick's meetings and challenge them to drink it. I mean, the text is very clear. Do you think they'd be up for it?

Lafftur, why don't you do this the next time you're at one the so-called miracle worker's meetings. Surely the Spirit would confirm your beliefs.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Mark 16:18 says: "and if they drink anything deadly, it shall by no means hurt them;"

I think it would be interesting to take a genuine bottle of poison to one of Daniel Adam's or Kathryn Krick's meetings and challenge them to drink it. I mean, the text is very clear. Do you think they'd be up for it?

Lafftur, why don't you do this the next time you're at one the so-called miracle worker's meetings. Surely the Spirit would confirm your beliefs.
Isn't what you're saying just what Satan was saying to Jesus when Satan tells Jesus to JUMP off the highest pinnacle in Jerusalem because if He was the Son of God the angels would bear Him up in their arms....:unsure:

It is written, "Thou shall NOT tempt the Lord your God."

RA - you are loved. stop being foolish with your words.