God wants us sober, not drunk

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
O

Oblio

I never thought about putting it to music...thanks!
It's a picture I got that inspired me to write a song called, "The Harvest Wave."
I think I'll add the 2 together! Thank You, Lord!

O

Oblio

Ha, ha, ha...sometimes I forget that we're on someone's thread...oops! Lol

S

SophieT

"Over And Over" Lyrics[edit]by Paul Baloche | from the album First Love

The wind is beginning to blow
I can feel it
The river is starting to flow
I can hear it
These are the days
The days of Your presence
Seasons of change
Times of refreshing

Over and over
Let Your mercy cover me
Over and over
Let Your river run through me
O Holy Spirit
Power down like rain
Over and over again

Over and over again
Over and over again
Over and over again

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
Interesting that those of the Holy Spirit Laughter camp much prefer to post emojis and emotions, rather than God's Word and His Wisdsom.
Not me...

If you look at the record of all my posts, you will see that I have posted much scripture over the time that I have been here at these boards...

And I would consider myself to be of the Holy Spirit Laughter Camp.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
"I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed."--Galatians 1:6-9
I will not be judgmental of holy laughter...

I have seen physical miracles being performed in the context of services where holy laughter was present...and not the kinds of miracles that would be performed by satan...

Actual healings...signs and wonders...gold falling from heaven on people's faces and onto Bibles....broken arms being restored....kidney problems healed that had been in the person healed since they were 2 years old...

You may discount them as lying signs and wonders; but I saw them taking place. One time as I began to laugh in one of those settings, I coughed up an actual tumour...I am thankful to Jesus for holy laughter because if not for it I would still have that tumour!

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017

"Over And Over" Lyrics[edit]by Paul Baloche | from the album First Love

The wind is beginning to blow
I can feel it
The river is starting to flow
I can hear it
These are the days
The days of Your presence
Seasons of change
Times of refreshing

Over and over
Let Your mercy cover me
Over and over
Let Your river run through me
O Holy Spirit
Power down like rain
Over and over again

Over and over again
Over and over again
Over and over again
I’ve been playing that song over and over! I love it! Especially the prayer at the end. Thanks @SophieT! :love:(y)

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Love the pic--and I agree, he wants us to be joyful IN THE LORD! Not in emotionalism, not in disorderly behaviour.

"So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and inquirers or unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind?"--1st Corinthians 14:23

And that can apply to Holy Laughter too.
Totally agree. No one wants to steal anyone's joy; however, true joy comes from the peace of knowing sobriety and self control, not being out of control on emotion. This is no different than any other kind of addiction. You have to keep going back over and over for your fix.

justbyfaith

Sep 16, 2021
Totally agree. No one wants to steal anyone's joy; however, true joy comes from the peace of knowing sobriety and self control, not being out of control on emotion. This is no different than any other kind of addiction. You have to keep going back over and over for your fix.
I know that I am "addicted to the ministry of the saints" (1 Corinthians 16:15).

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Good lord...just when you think you've seen it all --I just looked up another video for Kathryn Krick--it's supposedly when she got her 'call--from a dude from Tanzania that looks like he got his clothes from a Liberace estate sale.

I find it highly unlikely that god calls 'sexy' apostles, when it is said even of Jesus, "He had no form or comeliness that we should desire him." You can watch like I did to about 1 minute and 30 seconds--you won't need to watch the rest....okay for CERTAIN we are in the last days.o_O

Later in the video she calls him "Daddy"--yes. Daddy.

"Matthew 24:24 - For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect."

I found a video awhile back in which Krick was supposedly casting a demon out of some girl. Then I found a video of Bob Larson casting demons out of the very same girl! So, what happened? Did one exorcism not take and she needed a do-over? It makes me wonder if these people are employing paid actors. You can't just find anyone who can play a good exorcism.

I can't find it now, but here's Bob Larson on Dr. Phil. At the prices he charges he could afford to pay for actors! I remember when when Larson was solid; he spoke out for righteous causes. Unfortunately, it seems he joined an ever-growing list of Christian leaders who have given up and gone over to Mammon.

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
Yes I completely agree. My point was comparing it to what scripture says about tongues--regarding 1st Corinthians 14:40"1 Corinthians 14:40, NIV: "But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way."--but very importantly I do NOT believe this is manifested by the Holy Spirit--this 'laughter' is a counterfeit-- a poor counterfeit at that.

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
I found a video awhile back in which Krick was supposedly casting a demon out of some girl. Then I found a video of Bob Larson casting demons out of the very same girl! So, what happened? Did one exorcism not take and she needed a do-over? It makes me wonder if these people are employing paid actors. You can't just find anyone who can play a good exorcism.

I can't find it now, but here's Bob Larson on Dr. Phil. At the prices he charges he could afford to pay for actors! I remember when when Larson was solid; he spoke out for righteous causes. Unfortunately, it seems he joined an ever-growing list of Christian leaders who have given up and gone over to Mammon.

Just when you think you've seen it all....:eek:

S

SophieT

ignorance is not bliss and some of you are rather ignorant on the subject of the Holy Spirit

your self proclaimed mission is being 'debby downer' on every thread you engage in or create

you are right about the abuses...from all I have seen from you, it appears your fix is negating and shoving error in everyone's face nonstop

again, I could write about abuse...seen it and even suffered from it myself. but even though it was bad at the time, today I know a fake when I see it and I also know a person on a mission that God has not blessed when I see one

joy is an emotion and I doubt you have ever felt it

bah humbug

O

Oblio

You see emotionalism...I see an emotional response to the joy of the Lord, which comes directly from the Lord Himself. I've also seen the negative...I've learned that wherever there is something of value, the counterfeit will also be there. A gift of discernment is vital!

Mar 4, 2020
There's a lot of things that I believe God does not want us to do. It's not because we lose salvation if we do them, but rather God cares about our safety and well-being. God can urge you repeatedly to not drink excessively. If you keep doing it and develop health problems, ignoring His guidance, then possibly you'll be allowed to live with those heath problems and die as a result.

God sees things that we don't see and wants us to trust Him, not be stubborn or prideful, and live our best happy life. We need to deny ourselves, that is the desires of our body, and walk in the Spirit. Part of walking in the Spirit is that we are denying the "lusts of the flesh" or, in other words, we are not obeying desires to do things like get drunk. The main objective of walking in the Spirit is seeking after the things God loves.

When/if you are born again you'll understand God's objectives for us are to love Him, love our neighbor as ourselves, and worship/praise Him with our spirit. Fundamentally, it boils down to this much, but love expands broadly onto many other topics.

Love is more than a feeling, it's a lifestyle.

S

SophieT

Christ condemns the Church of Sardis because they had a reputation of being alive but in reality, they were almost dead.

The city of Sardis was a city living off its former glory. At one time, her wealth in gold was unrivaled anywhere in the Roman Empire. Being famous for great wealth in gold, it was said that her rivers flowed with gold dust. That was Sardis of the past. At the time Jesus addresses the Church of Sardis, she was also basking in former glory. The church, much like the city had started well. The church at the beginning was a strong and faithful witness of her Lord and Savior. But now the gold of the true gospel and Holy Spirit were also in short supply.

The people had become accustomed to doing church rather than being the church. They had programs and principles but did not have the life-giving Holy Spirit. They needed the Spirit of God to bring them from death to life. They were dead but thought they were alive.

One of the most dangerous conditions people may find themselves in is the condition of actually being spiritually dead while thinking they are spiritually alive. There are people today who because of some church experience or some contact with the church believe they are in God’s favor when in reality they are not.

What makes people wrongly assess themselves? It seems that because of our sinful nature we are very quick to justify ourselves and at the same time very quick to condemn others. We artificially raise ourselves up because we can easily make good excuses as to why we do what we do.
Here, today, we see a church that had traded the Holy Spirit for programming and truth for a compromising message. Their goal was to be attractive to the world around them, and their gospel may have been a gospel of prosperity or a gospel that glorified man. source

Rev. 3:1-6 (ESV)
”And to the angel of the church in Sardis write: ‘The words of him who has the seven spirits of God and the seven stars.
” ‘I know your works. You have the reputation of being alive, but you are dead. [2] Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God. [3] Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you. [4] Yet you have still a few names in Sardis, people who have not soiled their garments, and they will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. [5] The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before his angels. [6] He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’

are you dead? have you traded the life giving Spirit of God for your idea of truth? would you be comfortable in the church at Sardis? do you point to abuse and use that as an excuse for not obeying the word?

the Holy Spirit had left the church at Sardis and Jesus said they were dead

the one who has an ear...that is open to hearing from the Holy Spirit...let them hear

O

Oblio

When I walked into a Vineyard church for the first time, I went to another town to go there. I was told by someone at a 12-step meeting that if I went there, I wouldn't be looked down on because I had long hair and wore jeans. I had no idea what was about to happen.
When I got there, we sang some songs, a guy talked about Jesus for awhile, and then it was time for prayer. As I was the last up, I was one one end of the row of people standing side-by-side. That's where they started praying. I was the first one.
A guy stood in front of me, I saw visions, then he barely touched my shirt with his finger. It was like a full-grown man drop-kicked me in the chest. Over I went. When I opened my eyes, it looked like people had moved away from me. I was horrified.
I thought that they thought I was a nut because I fell over. I was really against this kind of stuff. I tried to get up and I couldn't. I was so embarrassed! I had no choice but to change my mind about these things. God met me in a way that day that forever changed me.
27 years later, I know that my heavenly Father loves and accepts me through what Jesus did on the cross! That has never changed since that day. I know that I know that when I die, I'm going to spend eternity with my God.

Laura798

Jun 6, 2020
You see emotionalism...I see an emotional response to the joy of the Lord, which comes directly from the Lord Himself. I've also seen the negative...I've learned that wherever there is something of value, the counterfeit will also be there. A gift of discernment is vital!
There have been numerous verses, facts, and evidence presented for those of us who say Holy Spirit Laughter is not of the Lord--the emotionalism is clearly on the side of those who believe it is of the Lord.