GOD, YOU ARE IN CONTROL!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

coleensual

CC  POST.jpg
We have brothers and sisters in the Philippines who need our prayers. The news about their situation broke my heart but God impressed on me the benefits of trusting HIM amidst the storm. People from Visayas and Mindanao, believe that GOD IS FIGHTING YOUR BATTLES and HE IS GREATER THAN ANYTHING! We're doing everything here in Manila to help you. GOD BLESS US ALL!

F

felicecan

behold, God sits on His throne and knows what He is doing. :)
<span style="font-family:trebuchet ms;"><font color="#565759"><span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px;">[video=youtube;Gqrli3Lkf58]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqrli3Lkf58[/video]

X

xeniego

ALWAYS AND FOREVER!

We say this all the time, but do we really let Him be the master of our lives EVERYDAY whenever we walk?
Do we prioritize Him and acknowledge His control?
Do we trust Him with a sincere heart, not just "si God na bahala?" (you know what I mean)
Do we spend our day more deepening our relationship with God? or do we focus too much on our family? or ministry? or job? or perhaps, ourselves?

(Just sharing a reminder)

C

chatoo

Day 13: Let Jesus Argue with Your Soul About Being Anxious
We should be slow to treat Jesus as if he doesn’t know what he is doing. He is not naïve in the way he deals with our anxiety. In Matthew 6:25-34 he tells us three times not to be anxious (vv. 25, 31, 34) and gives us eight reasons not to be anxious.

Evidently he thinks this will help. So don’t call it simplistic. Call it grace. Believe him. Take every reason and preach it to your soul as true. Say,

“Soul, this is true. Jesus Christ says so. Trust him. He died for you. He loves you. He created you. He knows you. No one — no counselor, no pastor, no friend — knows as much about you as he does. Listen to him. Let these reasons sink in. Bank on them. Now, let’s get up and do what we need to do. Be gone anxiety.”

Here’s a summary of what he said:

1. Life is more than food and the body more than clothing (Matthew 6:25).

2. God feeds the birds and you are more valuable than they are (Matthew 6:26).

3. It's pointless. It adds not one hour to your life (Matthew 6:27).

4. If God clothes ephemeral grass, he will clothe eternal you (Matthew 6:28-30).

5. Unbelievers are anxious about stuff. And you are not an unbeliever (Matthew 6:32a).

6. Your father knows that you need all these things you're anxious about (Matthew 6:32b).

7. When you seek first God's kingdom and righteousness, what you need is added to you (Matthew 6:33).

8. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. Tomorrow's trouble stays there (Matthew 6:34).For more about John Piper's ministry and writing, see DesiringGod.org.

C

chatoo

this is a nice song, thanks for sharing!

T

TOKNOWGOD

When things are going bad sometimes its hard to trust him. However, Who can we go to ? Who is our only Hope? Who alone understands? Who alone is the sovereign one? It is our Lord.
Jer. 17: 7-8 Blessed
is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kittycat7

Amen, God is always in control :) I lift up my eyes to the hills — where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. — Psalm 121:1-2

J

jerryalby

god bless dear sister you and your family.

S

Scottie47

Praying!!!!

K

komsyl

There is none like u, no one else can touch my heart like u do . i can search for all eternity lord and i find there is none like u. yo mercy flows like river so wide, healing comes from yo hands.. safariing children are safe in yo arms . there is none like u, yes there is none like him my savior Jesus Christ.

J

Joanspark_sarang7

Yes @zeniego you are right...sad to say but i caught myself most of the time not really surrendering to God..no matter how i said or ask God to take control of everything..i tend to do it my way.

J

jer2911

God, I believe you are in control. Increase my belief and not my control. :) Remember, our real enemies are not the 'gender' supporters, it's Lucifer!

May 3, 2013
It´s been long time since I paid a visit toPhilippines forums...

Why is it looking empty? ?

C

chella

Very well said.

Nickosha

Mar 28, 2016
God is SOVEREIGN! His ways are higher than our ways, and his thoughts are higher than our thoughts.:)

Nov 14, 2016
He is--- sometimes we're not...

P

PutGodFirst

Yes he is my friend

M

MGD33445

Its a blessing totally to hv a heart and God to grant you the will to serve. I will be part of your team in prayer and faith until God will turn their seasons. Its a challenge to see God's beautiful creation falling in tatters. Some of our countries that hsve bn swept by wars we just know what it means beacuse such momories are irreplacable. But dearly am glad for that call upon your life. May God lead you to greater heights. Lets kp serving our redeemer. God bless you and i will be glad to hear from you

L

LClark

One who emphasized that God is in control was Charles Spurgeon. His daily devotional, Morning and Evening is popular. Is he well known in the Phillipines? Most Christians have not read these timely words from him: https://spurgeonwarquotes.wordpress.com/