God's Approval/TWO Different Gospels

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 4, 2020
Paul said that the gospel he preached, the gospel of Jesus Christ, had been preached unto all the world in his time, and yet the end had not come. Must be something different...

Colossians 1
5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;
6 Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:

23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Romans 16
25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
In Revelation 14 an angel preaches the "everlasting gospel" to everyone on the Earth before the harvest of the tares and the wheat. Seems to fit the 'end times' time frame that Jesus was speaking of in Matthew 24 about the gospel being preached to all the world before the end. What do you think about that?

John146

Jan 13, 2016
In Revelation 14 an angel preaches the "everlasting gospel" to everyone on the Earth before the harvest of the tares and the wheat. Seems to fit the 'end times' time frame that Jesus was speaking of in Matthew 24 about the gospel being preached to all the world before the end. What do you think about that?
It very well may be, I'm not completely sure. The gospel of the kingdom certainly has to do with the restoration of the kingdom of Israel and Christ ruling on earth king of Kings. This kingdom will shortly come in Revelation 14, but judgment to the nations must occur first.

6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Grace And Peace, Precious friend(s). Have you Prayerfully And Carefully Considered!:
Rightly Dividing God's WORD {All Scriptures Are KJB{?}} Of Truth?

"Example" of God’s leaders/numbers / Salvation/commissions in:

His TWO Different Programs:​

LORD JESUS, we pray that You Would Help our understanding, as we:

Begin:
(1) Representative apostles + number! For God’s LAW/PROPHETIC Program,
“prophesied since the world began!” (Luke_1:68-70; Acts_3:21!):

God’s Complete Number TWELVE represents:

TWELVE baptismS, TWELVE apostles who will rule in the Prophesied kingdom
With CHRIST!, on TWELVE thrones, Over the TWELVE tribes of Israel!
(Genesis_49:28; Isaiah_9:7, 32:1; Matthew_19:28; Luke_22:30; James_1:1!)

►► Peter [+11], TWELVE preached:
gospel of the kingdom!:​

(A) Salvation = "he that believeth AND is baptized Shall Be SAVED!"
(Mark_16:16 cp Luke_7:29-30; Acts_2:38; James_2:17-18!) ◄◄

(B) And Includes The LORD’s FIVE-Part Marching Orders, the
so-called ( added as a Page Header in Bibles ) Great Commission:

(B1):
“Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in The Name
Of The Father, and Of The SON, and of The Holy Ghost: Teaching
them to Observe ALL Things Whatsoever I Have Commanded you:
and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen!”
(Matthew_28:19-20!)​

Including: “Observe ALL things WHATSOEVER I Have COMMANDED you!”:

“Then Spake JESUS To the multitude, And To HIS disciples,
Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat:
ALL therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that OBSERVE
AND DO; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not!”
(Matthew_23:1-3!)​

(B2):
“And HE Said Unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the
gospel to every creature. He that believeth And is baptized shall
be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. And these
signs Shall Follow them that believe: In MY Name shall they cast out
devils; they shall speak with new tongues; They shall take up serpents;

and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they
shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover…. And they went
forth, and preached every where, The LORD Working With them, and
Confirming The Word With signs following. Amen!” (Mark_16:15-20!)

(B3):
“And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in
HIS Name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are
witnesses of these things. And, behold, I Send The Promise of MY
Father Upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be
endued with power From On High!” (Luke_24:47-49!)

(B4):
“Then Said JESUS To them again, Peace Be Unto you: As MY Father
Hath Sent ME, Even So Send I you. And When HE Had Said This, HE
Breathed On them, And Saith Unto them, Receive ye The Holy Ghost:
Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and
whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained!” (John_20:21-23!)

(B5):
“But ye shall receive power, after that The Holy Ghost Is Come Upon you:
and ye shall be witnesses unto ME both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea,
and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth!” (Acts_1:8!)

End of: Salvation / Commission In God's "Law/Prophetic Program!"

From CHRIST To HIS TWELVE, on the earth! { Currently “On HOLD!” }
------------------------------------------------------------------
Rightly Divided (2_Timothy_2:15!) From “Things That DIFFER!”:
-------------------------------------------------
From CHRIST To HIS one, From Heaven!! { Currently ACTIVE!}

to be continued...
I cannot tell what you are saying honestly you might want to look for a simpler “Division of the word “

basic math is best

“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations;

and then shall the end come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭

it seems basic and based on belief of the one gospel

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1:1, 3-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:

and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I’m not sure attempting to create a second gospel and calling it rightly dividing the word is a good idea when salvation is offered by the same Lord to the same people who believe the same gospel forever until the end

there really is no gospel that erases the gospel

The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the right division of the word is here

“The law and the prophets were until John:

since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭16:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Same thing still valid same thing Paul preached

“And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

“And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him,Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭28:23-24, 31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

rightly dividing the word doesn’t mean butchering it and pasting it together after removing what we don’t like

there’s one Gospel , one Lord , one faith , one form of baptism , one God and father over all , one mediator between God and mankind you should believe the gospel as Jesus preached it

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and then share the good news about eternal life in him

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I cannot tell what you are saying honestly you might want to look for a simpler “Division of the word “

basic math is best

“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.”

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations;

and then shall the end come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭

it seems basic and based on belief of the one gospel

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭1:1, 3-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you:

and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I’m not sure attempting to create a second gospel and calling it rightly dividing the word is a good idea when salvation is offered by the same Lord to the same people who believe the same gospel forever until the end

there really is no gospel that erases the gospel

The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:1‬ ‭KJV‬‬

the right division of the word is here

“The law and the prophets were until John:

since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭16:16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Same thing still valid same thing Paul preached

“And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening.

And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not.

“And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him,Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭28:23-24, 31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

rightly dividing the word doesn’t mean butchering it and pasting it together after removing what we don’t like

there’s one Gospel , one Lord , one faith , one form of baptism , one God and father over all , one mediator between God and mankind you should believe the gospel as Jesus preached it

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

and then share the good news about eternal life in him
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.”
I'm always curious why people quote this verse in the context they do ? What do you think this is saying ? Notice it doesn't say anything about his ' actions ' or his ' decisions. It says nothing about what he does .

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Yes, there is indeed a distinction between preaching Christ according to Prophecy, versus preaching Christ according to the Mystery, as you have stated above.
No there is no difference, as is clear from Romans 16.

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my Gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the Mystery, [ACCORDING TO THE MYSTERY] which was kept secret since the world began,
26 But now is made manifest, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, [ACCORDING TO PROPHECY] according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

How is it that you are always so confused about Gospel Truth? Looks like you have been exposed to some seriously faulty teaching somewhere along the way.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my Gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the Mystery, [ACCORDING TO THE MYSTERY] which was kept secret since the world began,
26 But now is made manifest, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, [ACCORDING TO PROPHECY] according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

How is it that you are always so confused about Gospel Truth? Looks like you have been exposed to some seriously faulty teaching somewhere along the way.
Your confusing prophecy ABOUT with the Mystery TO and BEYOND what the Prophecy gave .
What was the revelation of the mystery. Gal 1 .10'-12
10¶For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

(cf. Acts 9:1–25 )
11¶But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

“The revelation of the mystery” is mentioned in Galatians 1:10–12. When the Lord revealed the Gospel to Paul, He revealed a whole body of doctrine that accompanied the Gospel. That body of revelation incorporates Christ dwelling in you through the Holy Spirit, your becoming a member of one living organism called the Body of Christ, Jews and Gentiles are one in Christ, the eternal security of the believer, the adoption , and predestination to conform to Christ’s image. All of these were given at one time to Paul as a special revelation not given to the other apostles.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

The gospel of Christ can be taken two ways. It can be the gospel about Christ, which is the gospel of 1 Corinthians 15:1–4 and Galatians 1:6–9. Or you can have the gospel which Christ preached, which is the gospel of the kingdom in Matthew 4 and 24. They are not the same, and the baptisms that accompany them are not for the same purpose. You have to rightly divide those things, and no Campbellite does. Every Campbellite alive thinks that the “Gospel” is Acts 2:38, and it’s not.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
How much of the confusion is coming from a wrong understanding of Acts 2.38 ,I wonder? So many think that's the Gospel today . So many denominations are based on Acts 2.38

P

pottersclay

Untill love and truth are intertwined the Holy Spirit does not empower.

It is said that the church for years has preached truth without love.
So how can it be surprised that the world responded with love without truth.

I've seen many of preachers thinking it their mission to go to gay rally's, biker bars, street preachers pointing out sins and the judgement of God. I ask is this the task that we have been given.
Is it good news least I repent or die? To paint a picture of a angry God, a judgemental God?
To a people who have been caught in the snare of the devil. Who's been blinded by their lust, and only know physical love. Who's been lied to by the wolves and those appointed over them.
Those who have been abused, accused, and beaten down by a system that it's main agenda is to usher in anti-christ.
These things we know or at least should know. This world is not our home but we are called to occupy.
These thing we know not that we are wiser but we have come to know them by the grace of our Lord and savior and the patients of our loving and merciful God.
We have been given the task of a servant. To deliver a love letter written in blood 2 thousand yrs ago.
To give a hope to those who only know hopelessness. To deliver and restrain those who are oppressed and possessed. To bring healing to the hearts and bodies of those that God wills.
These things are only found in Christ.
So I ask how shall we preach to the dead to waken them to life. Shall we point out there faults and sins least we be judged for it is written " not one is righteous no not one"...for all have sinned can come short of the glory of God.
Or shall we tell them of this " for the glory that was set before him he endured the cross"
That he Christ Jesus thought we were worth it. That he had come to save and not destroy.
That God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him will not parish but have ever lasting life.
For it is the father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. He has known you before you were born, before you were even in your mother's womb.
He chooses to forgive
and forget. To bring you life more abundantly.
How then should we preach???...... Christ crucified.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
How much of the confusion is coming from a wrong understanding of Acts 2.38 ,I wonder? So many think that's the Gospel today . So many denominations are based on Acts 2.38
If you are saying that this verse is being used to promote baptism for salvation (or baptismal regeneration), then you are correct. But the entire verse, properly understood, is still as valid today as it as then. Water baptism FOLLOWS the baptism with the Holy Spirit, or the gift of the Holy Spirit.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I disagree respectfully. The reason people do apply this verse today is because read what it actually says but mis apply it . The other side change what it actually says, through the 'Greek game ' and telling us what ' it really means ' Or rather ' it should be read upside down ,back to front inside out ect . if you understand Who Peter is speaking to ,when and why the verse really does mean what it says.
38¶Then Peter said unto THEM, 1 ) Repent, and 2) be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins3) , and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

It really is saying what it means . Why people APPLY it today is the problem.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
That is true but here he is distinguishing between preaching Jesus Christ
  1. According to prophecy (Acts 3:21) versus
  2. According to mystery (Romans 16:25)
Repent and believe (in the Lord Jesus) is how ANY individual is saved, not TWO different gospels!

Jan 12, 2019
Repent and believe (in the Lord Jesus) is how ANY individual is saved, not TWO different gospels!
According to Prophecy, you have to believe in Jesus's identity as the Son of God (John 20:31).

Would that be enough to save us, according to your view?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I'm going to try to avoid this website for most of the day, so, for now, I'll simply suggest to you that you might want to gain a better understanding of Paul's use of the word "mystery" in his epistles.

Paul used that word, mystērion in the underlying Greek, with "mystery religions" in mind.

In regard to the same, although things truly are a "mystery" to those who have not been initiated into the same, there's no "mystery" to the initiates themselves.

Somebody will get it...
Isn't this gnosctism?