God's Name

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 2, 2013
528
6
0
The tetragrammaton JHVH, the name which the real God is known by, is misrepresented by many different names containing the tetragrammaton JHVH or JHWH. We cannot accept that every name that contains the tetragrammaton JHVH or JHWH, refers to the real God. As we don’t know what God’s real name is, we need to respect that and not give Him a name that He does not like. Everybody on this earth likes his own name and nobody dares to call him some other name. Who are we to give God a name that He may not like. If you take the tetragrammaton JHVH or JHWH and add one to two other speakable vowels ie. ae , ai, ao, au, ay, ei, eo, eu, ey, ia, ie, io, iu, iy, oa, oe, oi, ou, oy, ua, ue, ui, uo, uy, ya, ye, yi, yo, yu etc., you can end up with about 64 000 different names for only one tetragrammaton. We need to be very careful in giving God a name that He does not like as there is only one God and He only has one Name. The fact that there are now two tetragrammatons JHVH and JHWH quoted which makes it a double problem of 128 000 possible names. I would rather stick to God, God the Father or God Almighty than any other term.
 
Hey TruthFromFrank!! Wow, i'm not sure how you came to find this out but it truly is revelation from God. At our church our songs all included Jehovah and our pastor used Jehovah freely through his preaching 's. Then one day he preached that God had shown him that it wasn't correct to address him Jehovah which is a misinterpretation of JHWH. You see when the bible was translated to many different languages including English and Spanish, the translators had no idea how to translate JHWH into a common pronounceable way. Therefore, they just added a few syllabus and it became Jehovah, but that is not the Lord's name. He never revealed Himself as Jehovah. Instead He gave Himself many titles as the Leon of Judea, The almighty and so forth. Anyways, now in church we substituted God for Jehovah in all the songs that used to say Jehovah. And well many people don't see this as important or don't know, but it is! Thank you for sharing this with us!! God Bless you!
 
Hi meli90
At the moment there are already a couple of names that are used to imply that they are God's Name and that is really scary to say the least. A guy with the name of Charles Taze Russell, an American, started this and as far as I know it was also the start of the Jehovah Witness group. They do not teach the truth and even they are divided as there is no agreement on certain issues of their teachings. So how can we believe that the name they are using are in fact correct. God is a very jealous God and I would imagine that He would be very upset if someone using all sorts of names to imply that it is Him when in fact the name might be vulgar in His eyes. I do not want to take a chance to call Him any other name than God. I do not need to know His Name right now as I will be told, if He wants me to know, if I am with Him one day. I am glad you posed the question as many people just accept what is being preached today without questioning, and that is so dangerous. Even the information that I provide must be questioned. You need to have God in your life and trust in Him in everything you do and He will give you the answers at the right time.
 
"...Everybody on this earth likes his own name and nobody dares to call him some other name..."

I gave my sons their names:

Elisha is not really happy with it (Elisha Vincent).

Joshua is LESS concerned than he is.

Joy is OK with hers (I won one, at least).

I don´t like "too much" my names (I had my dad´s names) but this aren´t me, also.

The person I AM is not the name I think I am (though I know Secular Hermit won´t fit the person I think I am).

The most important thing, considering names, is we know who we are and who we want to be. There would be a time when HE HIMSELF WOULD GIVE US A NAME (nobody knws it) and that would be the way He saw us to be.

That´s is like having a new ID. :)
 
Last edited:
meli90;bt10159 said:
Amen, I agree. Thank you for sharing!
You are welcome. I am very fortunate to share this information with you and everybody out there as I do not belong to any church and thus do not have to defend any church's teachings. It is absolutely amazing how God works as I just had the feeling that I had to write about this tonight and here you were to read it which was a problem in your life. You are also welcome to read the other articles that I have written and believe you me, all of them were messages, I believe, from God. May God bless you in searching for the truth.
 
"Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." So who is this Lord?
 
Hi djness. Lord, God, Almighty Father etc. are all terms that may be used as it indicates the Head and Top position of the Christian faith community and is used throughout the Bible. If God wanted us to know His Name He would have given it to us in His Word. He only gave it to those that He wanted to give it to ie. Moses. Now, for man to stick a label onto God and call Him any other name than His own, is an insult to God. Any other name than God’s real Name, is a name given by Satan. So if anybody uses another name, you are addressing Satan and not the real God. Take a simple example, if your name is John and somebody comes up to you and say, Hi Satan, how are you? - would you like that? I doubt it very much and that goes for everybody on this planet earth. Everybody has it’s own unique name from birth to death and so will all the saved ones receive a new unique name when they are with God. I trust this is clear to you now. I urge all out there to take this up very seriously and not to stick on any other name to God. He loves you and you need to respect Him.