God's Not Dead (No Spoiler Movie Review)

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

KBond

Senior Member
Jun 5, 2013
662
21
18

Tonight my family rented and watched the movie God's Not Dead. At the end, a message on the screen asks you to text everybody you know with the words: God's Not Dead. So if you get that seemingly random text from your friend, you'll know why.

The movie gained a lot of momentum before it hit the big screen, but the excitement fizzled after it did. Non-Christian movie critics unleashed their unenthusiastic responses (which is exactly what I would expect).

Personally, I give God's Not Dead 10 out 10 stars. This entertaining movie inspires Christians to be bold about our faith in everyday situations. It had a Hollywood budget without the predictable Hollywood script. The actors portrayed realistic characters in a convincing, skilled way. What's not to like? If you haven't seen it, go rent it. I think you'll enjoy it. ;)

God's Not Dead, Grace Unplugged, and Heaven Is For Real are all movies that stirred God's Spirit in me as I watched them. There's more to these movies than entertainment. I'm not watching them to avoid sexual scenes and obscenities. If you rent one of these movies without the expectation of being wowed but with an open heart to hear what God is trying to speak to you, I think you'll find what I did....that somehow these movies kindle the fire for God inside of us.