God's PIPLESS JAM.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 17, 2010
Oh that is how I KEEP God's Word on my mind. If mine EYES see something I try to remember a verse that confirms God's Word. Like now.... Why do you love what you do.... YOU HUNGER FOR TRUTH AND RIGHTEOUSNESS... And God said... Blessed are the ones that hunger for righteousness, THEY SHALL BE FILLED...Mat 5.

A

Ariel82

Ariel does our spirit have to be in our bodies to confess with the Holy Spirit that we are God's Children?
where do you think our spirits would be if not in our bodies?

A

Ariel82

one heart and one soul meant they agreed with each other, not that they only possessed one heart or one soul among the thousands.

The same with the other verses you quoted about God and Jesus. Jesus was NOT praying that His disciples would become GOD like HE is GOD, but that they would be of like mind and heart in agreement with GOD.

its called a figure of speech, symbolism. the Bible uses it often.

In Heaven The Father, the WORD and the Spirit ARE one. on earth the blood, the water and the Spirit Agree as one.

1 John 5
[SUP]6 [/SUP]This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth. [SUP]7 [/SUP]For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. [SUP]8 [/SUP]And there are three that bear witness on earth:[SUP][b][/SUP] the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.

[SUP]9 [/SUP]If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater; for this is the witness of God which[SUP][c][/SUP] He has testified of His Son. [SUP]10 [/SUP]He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; he who does not believe God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of His Son. [SUP]11 [/SUP]And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. [SUP]12 [/SUP]He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.
Jesus did NOT pray that His disciples spirits would be taken out of this world and replaced with His.

John 17

[SUP]15 [/SUP]I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 11, 2013
I think I understand Cobus' Gospel now

A person must reach sinless perfection in the flesh before the Holy Spirit will enter their life
As sin is transgression of the law, a person must reach a stage of perfectly upholding the law, without the Spirit's help in doing so, they must achieve this in their own strength, as the Spirit cannot enter their life until this has happened
Once a person has of themselvers achieved sinless perfection in the flesh/they have learnt to perfectly uphold the law, then their own Spirit leaves them and the Holy Spirit enters their life
As they are now perfect in the flesh/have reached glorification and are solely possessed in their body by the Holy Spirit, they are perfect as Jesus was/is perfect, and they are as yielded to God as Jesus was when he waked this earth. At this point, not before they are saved, and may inherit eternal life

I am not sure how the above can be reconciled to Paul's Gospel, or any of the other Apostles

Last edited:
A

Ariel82

I think I understand Cobus' Gospel now

their own Spirit leaves them and the Holy Spirit enters their life
As they are now perfect in the flesh/have reached glorification and are solely possessed in their body by the Holy Spirit, they are perfect as Jesus was/is perfect, and they are as yielded to God as Jesus was when he waked this earth. At this point, not before they are saved, and may inherit eternal life

I am not sure how the above can be reconciled to Paul's Gospel, or any of the other Apostles
you have half of it right. i deleted the part he most likely would disagree with you about. so far he thinks the Holy Spirit is guiding him from the outside to perfection and eventually when God decides he is worthy his spirit will be removed and the Holy Spirit will take over his body and then with the Holy Spirit in full control (since there is no room for his spirit) he will be perfect and sinless.

with power, don't forget the power part.

Jan 11, 2013
you have half of it right. i deleted the part he most likely would disagree with you about. so far he thinks the Holy Spirit is guiding him from the outside to perfection and eventually when God decides he is worthy his spirit will be removed and the Holy Spirit will take over his body and then with the Holy Spirit in full control (since there is no room for his spirit) he will be perfect and sinless.

with power, don't forget the power part.
OK
Thanks for that, but he must be under the law, as sin is transgression of the law, and he believes all sin must cease, and he must attain perfection in the flesh before he can be saved/inherit eternal life

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2010
Mark you ALMOST have it, ALMOST...
It is NOT by our own strength.... it is by HIS LEAD that we learn to DO AS HE WANTS US TO DO!.. EVEN JESUS learned through OBEDIENCE,... We go to the Jesus becasue we LEARNED from the FATHER... Jesus said if the FATHER does not DRAW us we CANNOT God to HIm.... So it is NOT of our strength but by HIS DRAW, His TEACHING that ew get to the sinless part. But NOT the perfection YET!!!

Get this now... PLEASE... if you are sinless (No more sinning) you are NOT PERFECT YET!!!!! A SAINT is not PERFECT, even if HE stopped sinning. He is a saint because HE STOPPED sinning. But he needs to be perfected... What perfects a person as God is perfect, IS GOD IN THAT PERSON.... A Saint has NOT recieved the Holy Spirit IN HIM YET, He only obeyed the teaching of the Holy Spirit, to become a saint.... Samaria, after they believed Philip is perfect example of how ALL evil was removed, and they were ALL in ONE soul... ONe mnd and ONe goal... ANd here is the goal... THe Apostles came and they ALL RECIEVED THE HOLY SPIRIT.. AND HE FELL ON THEM FILLING THEM ALL.... WITH ONE SPIRIT... To form ONE Body... A HOLY GOD-PLEASING PERFECT BODY. God's HOLY CHURCH.. without SPOT OR WRINKLE... PERFECT!

It is the HOLY SPIRIT God puts in us AFTER we were lead to be saints, that perfects us. ONLY THE HOLY SPIRIT IS PERFECT... ONLY ONE SPIRIT CANNOT SIN... GOD's! THAT is why if HE wants me to not sin and be perfect, HE HAS TO PUT HIS SPIRIT IN ME.

What happens to MY SPIRIT? (God says... HE WILL CLEANSE US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS. and HE WILL PIT US IN CHRIST... ACTUALLY HE SAID HIDE US IN CHRIST... So there is the PERFECT answer from God's Word. AND PAUL WROTE THIS... Romans 8. The NEW creature in Christ... The HIDE IN GOD WITH CHRIST... The perfecting of the Saints... Matthew wrote.. Be perfect.... Mark wrote....For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

We lose our lives if we follow the TEACHING and DRAW of FATHER with our crosses..... And then we GAIN that life God wants us to live ONCE WE ARE DONE CRUCIFYING THE OLD MAN!

And so I can continue and show you ALL the apostles taught waht I teach, God TEACHES what I teach, I teach what I learn from God!

I did not write the Bible, I only teach what I read there!

Feb 17, 2010
Ariel I do not think where our spirit s go I KNOW because God said where they go.... God SAID where our Spirits will be.... IN GOD WITH CHRIST. SEPERATED FROM THE WORLD.... PUT APART FROM THE WORLD IN PERFECT HOLINESS...

Ariel, let me ask you this... Where is the kingdom of God's Children.... They are in this world but not from it... If this was God's kingdom HIS children would have fought for it... But I ask you again.... WHERE IS CHRIST RIGHT NOW?

Ariel where is Christ right now? and is there SIN IN HIM?

Jan 11, 2013
Mark you ALMOST have it, ALMOST...
It is NOT by our own strength.... it is by HIS LEAD that we learn to DO AS HE WANTS US TO DO!.. EVEN JESUS learned through OBEDIENCE,... We go to the Jesus becasue we LEARNED from the FATHER... Jesus said if the FATHER does not DRAW us we CANNOT God to HIm.... So it is NOT of our strength but by HIS DRAW, His TEACHING that ew get to the sinless part. But NOT the perfection YET!!!

Get this now... PLEASE... if you are sinless (No more sinning) you are NOT PERFECT YET!!!!! A SAINT is not PERFECT, even if HE stopped sinning. He is a saint because HE STOPPED sinning. But he needs to be perfected... What perfects a person as God is perfect, IS GOD IN THAT PERSON.... A Saint has NOT recieved the Holy Spirit IN HIM YET, He only obeyed the teaching of the Holy Spirit, to become a saint.... Samaria, after they believed Philip is perfect example of how ALL evil was removed, and they were ALL in ONE soul... ONe mnd and ONe goal... ANd here is the goal... THe Apostles came and they ALL RECIEVED THE HOLY SPIRIT.. AND HE FELL ON THEM FILLING THEM ALL.... WITH ONE SPIRIT... To form ONE Body... A HOLY GOD-PLEASING PERFECT BODY. God's HOLY CHURCH.. without SPOT OR WRINKLE... PERFECT!

It is the HOLY SPIRIT God puts in us AFTER we were lead to be saints, that perfects us. ONLY THE HOLY SPIRIT IS PERFECT... ONLY ONE SPIRIT CANNOT SIN... GOD's! THAT is why if HE wants me to not sin and be perfect, HE HAS TO PUT HIS SPIRIT IN ME.

What happens to MY SPIRIT? (God says... HE WILL CLEANSE US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS. and HE WILL PIT US IN CHRIST... ACTUALLY HE SAID HIDE US IN CHRIST... So there is the PERFECT answer from God's Word. AND PAUL WROTE THIS... Romans 8. The NEW creature in Christ... The HIDE IN GOD WITH CHRIST... The perfecting of the Saints... Matthew wrote.. Be perfect.... Mark wrote....For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

We lose our lives if we follow the TEACHING and DRAW of FATHER with our crosses..... And then we GAIN that life God wants us to live ONCE WE ARE DONE CRUCIFYING THE OLD MAN!

And so I can continue and show you ALL the apostles taught waht I teach, God TEACHES what I teach, I teach what I learn from God!

I did not write the Bible, I only teach what I read there!
Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.Acts 8:16

The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles.Acts 10:44

As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit came on them as he had come on us at the beginning.Acts 11:14

When Paul placed his hands on them, the Holy Spirit came on them, and they spoke in tongues and prophesied.Acts 19:5

When they arrived, they prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit, because the Holy Spirit had not yet come upon any of them; they had simply been baptized into the name of the Lord Jesus.Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.Acts 8:16-18

Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit(Acts2:38)

Does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law(sin is the transgression of the law), or because you believe what you heard? (Gal3:5)

Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law(sin is transgression of the law), or by believing what you heard? [SUP]3 [/SUP]Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?
Gal3:3

All who rely on observing the law(sin is transgression of the law) are under a curse, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”[SUP][c][/SUP] [SUP]11 [/SUP]Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, “The righteous will live by faith.”[SUP][d][/SUP] [SUP]12 [/SUP]The law is not based on faith; on the contrary,
Gal3:10-12

Feb 17, 2010
I do not have to even know the LAW, let alone try to uphold it, I FOLLOW WHAT I HEAR FROM GOD IN FAITH.... I DO NOT OBSERVE THE LAW, I observe the TEACHING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT AS HE LEADS ME IN TRTUH!

Nothing to do with the LAW, but with the TEACHING and the LEADING of GOD! Did GOD not say HE WILL LEAD US AND TEACH US IN TRUTH TO SALVATION... LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION, BUT DELIVER US FROM EVIL. That is all.

Jan 11, 2013
I do not have to even know the LAW, let alone try to uphold it, I FOLLOW WHAT I HEAR FROM GOD IN FAITH.... I DO NOT OBSERVE THE LAW, I observe the TEACHING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT AS HE LEADS ME IN TRTUH!

Nothing to do with the LAW, but with the TEACHING and the LEADING of GOD! Did GOD not say HE WILL LEAD US AND TEACH US IN TRUTH TO SALVATION... LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION, BUT DELIVER US FROM EVIL. That is all.
Sin is transgression of the law 1John3:4

A

Ariel82

Ariel I do not think where our spirit s go I KNOW because God said where they go.... God SAID where our Spirits will be.... IN GOD WITH CHRIST. SEPERATED FROM THE WORLD.... PUT APART FROM THE WORLD IN PERFECT HOLINESS...

Ariel, let me ask you this... Where is the kingdom of God's Children.... They are in this world but not from it... If this was God's kingdom HIS children would have fought for it... But I ask you again.... WHERE IS CHRIST RIGHT NOW?

Ariel where is Christ right now? and is there SIN IN HIM?
Your spirit does not leave your body for long without death of the body.

the verse is that they are IN this world but not OF it.

When God's Holy Spirit is IN someone it does NOT mean that their spirit flees to Heaven to be with God and is replaced by Jesus' spirit.

It means that God has allowed the person to be BORN AGAIN. not a second Jesus, but another NEW creation IN Christ.

Jesus is the vine, we are the branches. the branches do not become the vine, but the vine allows the branches to be useful and help bear fruit that glorifies God. We do not become Jesus, we do not become God, we remain ourselves washed clean by the blood of the Lamb and lead by His Spirit, NOT replaced by a spirit.

what you say you desire is demonic possession, where your soul flees your body and another spirit takes over. it is NOT what the Bible teachs.

The Bible teaches that the HOLY SPIRIT chastens and disciplines God's children until they bear the fruit of righteousness.

Feb 17, 2010
Ariel where is CHRIST right now? Why do you not answer?.... WHERE IS CHRIST RIGHT NOW?

Feb 17, 2010
Sin is transgression of the law 1John3:4
And who reprove us of this sin in us? The HOLY SPIRIT. How? By the TRUTH in the WORD OF GOD... IN OUR HEARTS HE REPROVE, and not only does HE REPROVE HE ALSO SHOW A WAY OUT! And so SIN BY SIN He will LEAD OUT, and I will FOLLOW out, until there IS NOT MORE WAY OUT... WE REACHED SAINTSHIP... What Ariel refers to as righteousness... NO SIN.

A

Ariel82

Ariel where is CHRIST right now? Why do you not answer?.... WHERE IS CHRIST RIGHT NOW?
because your conclusion that since Jesus is IN HEAVEN right now, that to be IN Christ means that the spirits of believers are IN Heaven too, while their bodies are being controled by what you think is the Holy Spirit. its not true.

you ignore and twist so many scriptures to hold to such a false belief.

Paul was still in HIS BODY, he refers to it as his "tent" in the following and speaks of leaving it upon his death/decease:

2 Peter 1
[SUP]12 [/SUP]For this reason I will not be negligent to remind you always of these things, though you know and are established in the present truth. [SUP]13 [/SUP]Yes, I think it is right, as long as I am in this tent, to stir you up by reminding you, [SUP]14 [/SUP]knowing that shortly I must put off my tent, just as our Lord Jesus Christ showed me. [SUP]15 [/SUP]Moreover I will be careful to ensure that you always have a reminder of these things after my decease.

[SUP]16 [/SUP]For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty. [SUP]17 [/SUP]For He received from God the Father honor and glory when such a voice came to Him from the Excellent Glory: “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” [SUP]18 [/SUP]And we heard this voice which came from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]And so we have the prophetic word confirmed,[SUP][a][/SUP] which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; [SUP]20 [/SUP]knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation,[SUP][b][/SUP] [SUP]21 [/SUP]for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God[SUP][c][/SUP] spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
why do I even bother?

on the off hope that you will repent and that Loveme is right, your misunderstanding and twisting of scripture is because English is not your first language?

some days I just wonder if I'm nothing but a naive fool.

Hey if you want to play around with angels of light, who am I to stop you?

I'll leave you in God's hands, bye.

Feb 17, 2010
Now look how you even misunderstand me... Where do you come to MY CONCLUTION IS THAT JESUS IS IN HEAVEN? I asked you WHERE SI CHRIST RIGHT NOW... CAN YOU PLEASE ANSWER ME?

Please do bother, because I want to show you something that you already know but REFUSE to believe....

I ask you ... PLEASE Ariel, I love you and I REALLY want to share this with you.... Answer me where IS CHRIST RIGHT NOW!!!

C

cfultz3

Hi Cobs,

I am sure it was missed. But, I was curious as to which difinition you were applying? Thanks, Chris

Hi Cobus,

When you say 'perfect', which of the roughly 15 words which can be translated as 'perfect' are you talking about?

Complete and in need of nothing for our righteousness besides Jesus?

Love undivided and of which we are commanded: we are to be perfect as our Father in Heaven is?

Sinless as God who has no shadow of darkness in Him and which Job said he was not?

Blameless and without spot as the Son was as the Lamb?

Feb 17, 2010
Sorry Chris but I only have ONE GOAL in perfection, it is the ONE GOD CALLS ME TOO!!!
Chris God has to do ALL the perfection there is available for me. If it is the one of Love or the one of LAW, God knows actually they are ALL the same....

It is to live a life PERFCTLY in God's WILL. Whatever that may be, If God recreates a person to LIVE A LIFE GLORIFYING CHRIST JESUS, that person is PERFECT!

I have realy studied the Word of God, and ALL the Word teaches to the people that will be saved is.... GOD IS FAITHFUL, and HIS WILL WILL BE DONE HERE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN. And that is a PERFECT WILL for PERFECT CHILDREN OF GOD!

It is hard to believe especially looking at the "christians" but looking at Jesus, it is actually quit EASY, because it is not your doing it is HIS. Abd he said His yoke is soft, and His burden light... God said His commandments is not streniuos, people say they are impossible....

Chris, thanks man, for askng SORRY I only reply now. All I know is I have HOPE in Christ Jesus to do as HE will with me. Whatever that may be, I TRUST HIM.

Sep 8, 2012
The Gospel of God is like a pot of JAM
I will be bottling my yearly KORRELFONFYT this afternoon…. Korrelkonfyt is a jam that is cooked with an equil amount of figs and grapes together with suger to make the BEST jam ever….

I used Katoba grapes this year. Katoba is a grape that is called glippertjies, which means something like slipping grapes…. They litteraly SLIP out the shell when you squeeze them. They are very tasty in jams but their disadvantage is the amount of hard big pips they have.

So I cooked a BIG pot of about 30 liters, just about 6 gallons of this jam. So you can imagine the amount of pips I had to remove to presect a PIPLESS pot of jam…..

I see the jampot as God’s salvation. The figs are ok and they need only to be peeled and washed then they can be added to the pot for cooking… the grapes has to be also INDIVIDUALLY picked to be added, however they need to be picked, washed and squeezed out then they are also added to the pot.. WITH the pips still inside. If you squash them to get the pips out, as I did last year your jam is to watery, not thich enough. So you have to cook the meat, carrying the pips and the skins together in the pot t obtain a nice thick jam.

Once the jam is cooked all the pips are cooked loose and they float to the top. There you can pick them out and remove them from the cooked jam. Some, although VERY little would be cooked in the flesh still surrounded by a nice sticky sweet grape meat. You onlu need to squeeze the cooked meat and the pip will come loose.

God’s pot will HAVE NOT A SINGLE PIP IN IT… You see the pips are like sin in the building blocks of God’s Church… God will have ALL the pips removed before God adds the JAM to HIS POT…. God will not allow a single pip, no matter what size or from what grape it came from into HIS POT…

If God says MY POT OF JAM HAS NO PIPS… OR … GOD’S PIPLESS JAM. You can take it to the bank, There will be no pips in his jam! And God only sells PIPLESS JAM!
Sounds good Cobus......
It is nice to see how the Holy Spirit is speaking to you through this natural process of making jams.
That's how you know you are in contact with Him, while your going through your everyday life He shows you things
that remind you of some aspect of Him.
Isn't God(Jesus) the best?
I'd take Him over jam anytime,.........but if you want to send me a jar.......that would be good too.
- - - - - C'mon!!! (I just ministered to you!!!) - (Just kidding)

C

cfultz3

Sorry Chris but I only have ONE GOAL in perfection, it is the ONE GOD CALLS ME TOO!!!
Chris God has to do ALL the perfection there is available for me. If it is the one of Love or the one of LAW, God knows actually they are ALL the same....

It is to live a life PERFCTLY in God's WILL. Whatever that may be, If God recreates a person to LIVE A LIFE GLORIFYING CHRIST JESUS, that person is PERFECT!

I have realy studied the Word of God, and ALL the Word teaches to the people that will be saved is.... GOD IS FAITHFUL, and HIS WILL WILL BE DONE HERE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN. And that is a PERFECT WILL for PERFECT CHILDREN OF GOD!

It is hard to believe especially looking at the "christians" but looking at Jesus, it is actually quit EASY, because it is not your doing it is HIS. Abd he said His yoke is soft, and His burden light... God said His commandments is not streniuos, people say they are impossible....

Chris, thanks man, for askng SORRY I only reply now. All I know is I have HOPE in Christ Jesus to do as HE will with me. Whatever that may be, I TRUST HIM.
This sounds like someone who is trying his best to be his best for his God, just as Jesus walked pleasingly to His Father. Keep trusting in Christ, you cannot go wrong with that. Thanks for replying.