God's Promises!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Sorry to say, but that's not supported by the scripture. The book of Job confirms that he had 10 new children with his wife and it even mentions some of the new names he gave them.

Just look at Job chapters 41 and 42. It's all there, he became twice as rich as he was before and he had 10 new children and many grandchildren. We should take into consideration that people used to live for hundreds of years in those day, so they had plenty of time to have lots of children.

There's no need to spiritualize or add other possibilities to it, the story is perfectly logical as it is
This was not the question.

You said God killed children.

Now I'm asking does he murder them

Mar 7, 2024
totally agree :love:

we're on the same page, i don't know why it didn't look like it for a minute.

my take is that, those whose hope is in this world, He often mercifully gives them their hearts desire.

out hearts desire is for Him - so we know we have to wait, and i don't know about you, but i wake up every morning immediately praying for my loved ones, and asking for wisdom & patience, because i know the things i look for are a ways off yet.

lol it's always hours later before i remember also to ask that i have a good day and represent Him well :ROFL:

but i guess some people are naturally focused on here and now, seeking rewards
Jesus said that His followers should be identifiable by the love they have for each other. So the world can see that we are different from the unbelievers.

From what I have seen here many have the "holier than thou" attitude, because they think their interpretation of certain texts is infallible and if you don't agree then they treat you like an infidel.

We're supposed to sharpen each others swords, not cut them down and condemn them just because we think they misinterpreted a bible verse. Most of the time they don't even bother citing any scripture to support their rebuke, so they attack the person instead of reproving them as the bible instructs us to do.

Mar 7, 2024
where they a new set of children
I have another question for you

I have just read Job 2 again but this

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Job 2&version=NIV

On another day the angels[a] came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came with them to present himself before him. 2 And the Lord said to Satan, “Where have you come from?”

Satan answered the Lord, “From roaming throughout the earth, going back and forth on it.”

3 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.”

4 “Skin for skin!” Satan replied. “A man will give all he has for his own life. 5 But now stretch out your hand and strike his flesh and bones, and he will surely curse you to your face.”

6 The Lord said to Satan, “Very well, then, he is in your hands; but you must spare his life.”

7 So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord and afflicted Job with painful sores from the soles of his feet to the crown of his head. 8 Then Job took a piece of broken pottery and scraped himself with it as he sat among the ashes.

9 His wife said to him, “Are you still maintaining your integrity? Curse God and die!”

10 He replied, “You are talking like a foolish[b] woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?”

In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.

11 When Job’s three friends, Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite, heard about all the troubles that had come upon him, they set out from their homes and met together by agreement to go and sympathize with him and comfort him. 12 When they saw him from a distance, they could hardly recognize him; they began to weep aloud, and they tore their robes and sprinkled dust on their heads. 13 Then they sat on the ground with him for seven days and seven nights. No one said a word to him, because they saw how great his suffering was.

As you can see the verse about Jobs children being killed and satan controlling the weather is now missing.

Hmm I wonder why.
Putting them all to sleep would be a better choice of words.

After all it's his life so he has the power to take it and give it.

For instance it says on pass over the lord passed over and put all the new borns to sleep.

It's quite possible where ever you see the taking of life he simply just putting them to sleep first.
Sorry I missed something, those who God killed and genocided were all cast into hell. They're not sleeping but they are tormented in hell instead.
It just doesn't make sense for God to first kill people and then raise them up to have another go at salvation. You won't find a single scripture to support a theory as wild as that

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Jesus said that His followers should be identifiable by the love they have for each other. So the world can see that we are different from the unbelievers.

From what I have seen here many have the "holier than thou" attitude, because they think their interpretation of certain texts is infallible and if you don't agree then they treat you like an infidel.

We're supposed to sharpen each others swords, not cut them down and condemn them just because we think they misinterpreted a bible verse. Most of the time they don't even bother citing any scripture to support their rebuke, so they attack the person instead of reproving them as the bible instructs us to do.

i've done a bit of swordsmanship training, with steel.

you don't sharpen each other without crossing blades ;)

to me, what gets overlooked is that it's so easy to forget we're brothers and sisters while we do this, and start thinking we're enemies...

lotta 'alpha personalities' in a place like this. we're all passionate

Mar 7, 2024
@Charlie_2024 @posthuman

How pleasant it is to see brethren converse in love without the disputations of theologies.

Be richly blessed in your studies.
While I'm quietly confident we won't come to blows, it still remains to be seen if we agree on all the big ticket items. But thankfully the guns are silent for now :)

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Killing has nothing to do with murder. A criminal murders but a righteous God kills sinners because they deserve it
God takes no pleasure in punishing the wicked he says so.

Question, Where all the new borns on Passover, in Egypt deserving to be killed to.

And I would like to know how God killed those new born babies.

You don't assume God thinks people deserve things.

It's his life to take not yours

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
Sorry I missed something, those who God killed and genocided were all cast into hell. They're not sleeping but they are tormented in hell instead.
It just doesn't make sense for God to first kill people and then raise them up to have another go at salvation. You won't find a single scripture to support a theory as wild as that
are you calling God a person who commits genocide now to.

How do you know there all in hell right now.

Have you put them there

Dec 29, 2023
We don't see that today, Christians are being tortured and murdered and God doesn't lift a finger to help them. So yeah, next please

That's not true for ALL Christians.

Some of us follow what Jesus taught us to do which is abide IN Him bearing fruit and cast the devil out in Jesus Name so he cannot come in an tear our lives up like he did to Job.

Much has changed since Job and had Job lived in our day with full access to God's Word, satan would have been able to get any where near Job or his family

1 John 5:18
We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

You seem to have forgotten the fact that God killed billions of men, women, children and babies and pregnant women in Noah's flood and. He also ordered the genocide of entire ethnic groups after the flood.

You seem to have forgotten WHY He did that, and that they had opportunity to repent thru Noah and refused!

Genesis 6:5
And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

According to your theory God has a bipolar mental disorder. That's why I said, it's extremely dangerous to push false doctrines which cannot be supported by the Bible.

The fact remains, we don't know why God chooses to inflict pain suffering and death on His people. We just have to trust Him when He said He has a good reason for everything He does. That's not an open ended doctrine, it what God said and we have no right or business to mess with it

The false teachers teach what you embrace and they got it from satan.

God's Word is full of reasons WHY bad things happen to people and it always starts with them being disobedient.

The understanding of those that accuse God of doing evil to His people have been darkened because they embrace the lies of the adversary satan who always seeks to oppose and discredit the Lord.

God did not say His is bringing evil upon His people who are faithful to Him abiding in Christ. Making a claim such as this is satanic and will cause evil to come upon all that embrace this claim because they are unrighteous before the Lord and are currently walking in darkness with their father, the accuser.

Mar 7, 2024
God takes no pleasure in punishing the wicked he says so.

Question, Where all the new borns on Passover, in Egypt deserving to be killed to.

And I would like to know how God killed those new born babies.

You don't assume God thinks people deserve things.

It's his life to take not yours
I never mentioned any sadistic pleasure

Yes all the newborns deserve to be killed in Egypt during Passover. God decided to kill them so they obviously deserved to die.

He usually sends His the Angel of death to do the killing

I do assume do assume God thinks people deserve things, He doesn't kill just for the hell of it

I don't go around killing people, that's Gods job

Mar 7, 2024
are you calling God a person who commits genocide now to.

How do you know there all in hell right now.

Have you put them there
God is calling Himself a person who commits genocide, you can read all about it in the Bible.

God doesn't kill someone for fun, He kills them and throws them into hell because they deserve it.

I'm not God, so it ludicrous to suggest that I have the right to throw anyone into hell

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
God is calling Himself a person who commits genocide, you can read all about it in the Bible.

God doesn't kill someone for fun, He kills them and throws them into hell because they deserve it.

I'm not God, so it ludicrous to suggest that I have the right to throw anyone into hell
But how is he killing somebody when it's his life to take.

Mar 7, 2024
That's not true for ALL Christians.

Some of us follow what Jesus taught us to do which is abide IN Him bearing fruit and cast the devil out in Jesus Name so he cannot come in an tear our lives up like he did to Job.

Much has changed since Job and had Job lived in our day with full access to God's Word, satan would have been able to get any where near Job or his family

1 John 5:18
We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

You seem to have forgotten WHY He did that, and that they had opportunity to repent thru Noah and refused!

Genesis 6:5
And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

The false teachers teach what you embrace and they got it from satan.

God's Word is full of reasons WHY bad things happen to people and it always starts with them being disobedient.

The understanding of those that accuse God of doing evil to His people have been darkened because they embrace the lies of the adversary satan who always seeks to oppose and discredit the Lord.

God did not say His is bringing evil upon His people who are faithful to Him abiding in Christ. Making a claim such as this is satanic and will cause evil to come upon all that embrace this claim because they are unrighteous before the Lord and are currently walking in darkness with their father, the accuser.
It's amazing to see how you ignore scriptures which expose your false doctrine. You always quote unrelated Bible verses to support your private unbiblical views.

Now you make God out to be a liar, you deny that He promised His people would be persecuted and killed for His name sake.

How is it that your not even aware that at least 50-100 million Christians have been tortured, burned alive, beheaded, stoned and killed in many other ways, since God promised that would happen to those who dare believe in Him.

How did you miss the promise of torture. death and persecution of Gods people in;

Matthew 24:9-11
9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

Every Christian I have ever spoken to is fully aware, that God allows evil men to torture and kill His people.

I can only assume your a new convert and your still learning the basics about God. As nobody who has read the Bible could miss this like you have. I would like to suggest you find someone to teach you about the Bible before you make these outrageous and untrue claims about God.

Severe punishment awaits those who deliberately, add their private view to what God has clearly said

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
It's amazing to see how you ignore scriptures which expose your false doctrine. You always quote unrelated Bible verses to support your private unbiblical views.

Now you make God out to be a liar, you deny that He promised His people would be persecuted and killed for His name sake.

How is it that your not even aware that at least 50-100 million Christians have been tortured, burned alive, beheaded, stoned and killed in many other ways, since God promised that would happen to those who dare believe in Him.

How did you miss the promise of torture. death and persecution of Gods people in;

Matthew 24:9-11
9 “Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. 10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

Every Christian I have ever spoken to is fully aware, that God allows evil men to torture and kill His people.

I can only assume your a new convert and your still learning the basics about God. As nobody who has read the Bible could miss this like you have. I would like to suggest you find someone to teach you about the Bible before you make these outrageous and untrue claims about God.

Severe punishment awaits those who deliberately, add their private view to what God has clearly said
He's been got at enough so why don't you lay of him.

Your speaking to him like he doesn't serve God at all.

You need to respect that he worships and honours the same God as we do.

And you need to respect he serves the same God as you.

Now answer the question, how is God killing somebody if it's his life to take.

Jan 2, 2024
I'm sure everyone here has only one purpose.
We want to know how do we save.

God's made a promised in order for us to be saved.

Whoever knows God will get save.

JEREMIAH 31:34
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

This promised is in Old Testament.

Since God wants to keep his promise and he knows the future, there will come a time that people in our times will read the Holy Bible in the New Testament only (there are pocket bible that contains new testament only).
God repeated his promised in the New Testament.

HEBREWS 8:11-12
And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more

God can present a proof by means of demonstration in his words how he fulfilled his promise.

Mar 7, 2024
But how is he killing somebody when it's his life to take.
OK, He's not killing them in the sense of annihilating. That would be to good for them, He casts them into hell in their body but they can never cease to exist. So the torment is constant and eternal.

Sorry, I didn't realize I had to clarify that for you. I thought it was common knowledge

Mar 7, 2024
He's been got at enough so why don't you lay of him.

Your speaking to him like he doesn't serve God at all.

You need to respect that he worships and honours the same God as we do.

And you need to respect he serves the same God as you.

Now answer the question, how is God killing somebody if it's his life to take.
I don't think the guy needs you to defend him. He sounds very confident in himself, let him defend what he claims to be biblical with scripture and not private views.

Your question doesn't make any sense. Yes he owns the people which He kills, and casts into hell. What part of that don't you understand, He can do whatever He wats with whomever He wants. He owns the whole universe and every single thing in it.

Your question is unnational and non sensical

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
OK, He's not killing them in the sense of annihilating. That would be to good for them, He casts them into hell in their body but they can never cease to exist. So the torment is constant and eternal.

Sorry, I didn't realize I had to clarify that for you. I thought it was common knowledge
No this would be wishful thinking on your part, and it would also be you assuming God tortures people for all eternity, which again is not right that you should wish this anyone, The the first hell is torment the second hell is where the soul is destroyed and is no more.

When the spirit passed over the new borns in Egypt it was a spirit do you agree

Tell me how could a spirit kill people in harmful way.

Did the spirit stab them with a sword or is it possible the spirit put them to sleep by taking there inner being somewhere.