GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
not one jot or tittle
The LORD spoke to Moses, saying,

“But as for you, speak to the sons of Israel, saying, ‘You shall surely observe My sabbaths; for this is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the LORD who sanctifies you. Therefore you are to observe the sabbath, for it is holy to you.

Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day there is a sabbath of complete rest, holy to the Lord; whoever does any work on the sabbath day shall surely be put to death.'"

(Exodus 31:12-15)​

Christ on the Cross is the only answer

or i guess if you teach that you must keep the Law but you don't actually have to do what the Law says, you get to make up your own vain human traditions as far as how to actually go about keeping it.

:confused:

Jun 5, 2017
So you believe that verse is Not God law? You better believe that verse is from the Lord brother, Moses not create his own law It is also the word of God.

I remind you that It is my respon for brother H ( every word mean every word) include death penalty for sabbath violator adulterer etc all the word.
Hello Brother Jackson,

You are quoting scripture that is the CIVIL LAW of Moses under the Old Covenant? Now brother Jackson, are you a part of Israel living in the OLD Covenant?

In the NEW Covenant the DEATH penalty is the same for ALL of God's commandments for those who KNOWINGLY BREAK God's LAW and reject the GIFT of God's dear son.

IN the NEW COVENANT all those who are still in their SINS will receive this PENALTY at the second coming (Hebrews 10:26-27)

In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men every where to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (Acts 17:30-31)

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017
What does any day in particular have above any other day?
If someone commemorates a Tuesday in reverence to the Lord, it is them a Sabbath to that individual.
Common sense reasoning folks; not dogma like the Pharisees.
Hello lois,

Welcome friend and nice to meet you here. The problem is not that we should worship God on any day. We should worshiping God everyday that is a good thing. The problem is that SIN is BREAKING ANY of God's 10 commandments (Romans 7:7; James 2:11; Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4)

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has been handed down to her daughter Churches by the Roman Catholic Church. This tradition has lead many to break the commandments of God.

Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

God's 4th commandments asks us to set the 7th Day of the week aside to Remember him in Creation and not to do any work on that day whatsoever (Ex 20:8-11) If we KNOWINGLY break God's commandments we commit SIN. IT IS SIN that will keep all who practice it OUT of God's Kingdom.

In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men every where to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (Acts 17:30-31)

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Hello Brother Jackson,

You are quoting scripture that is the CIVIL LAW of Moses under the Old Covenant? Now brother Jackson, are you a part of Israel living in the OLD Covenant?

In the NEW Covenant the DEATH penalty is the same for ALL of God's commandments for those who KNOWINGLY BREAK God's LAW and reject the GIFT of God's dear son.

IN the NEW COVENANT all those who are still in their SINS will receive this PENALTY at the second coming (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)
I am not under old covenant, that why I am not under sabbath law

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I am not under old covenant, that why I am not under sabbath law
but, you see, sda/ Hebrew roots followers do not believe in Old/ New covenants. they call the New Covenant the renewed covenant, refusing to believe their is a difference in between the two. so when we say this to them, it falls on deaf ears.

they think that Christianity is a different version of Judaism, which it is not. Christians believe in a risen Savior, they believe in the Mosaic law, with Christ tossed in there. ( they are wrong).

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
but, you see, sda/ Hebrew roots followers do not believe in Old/ New covenants. they call the New Covenant the renewed covenant, refusing to believe their is a difference in between the two. so when we say this to them, it falls on deaf ears.

they think that Christianity is a different version of Judaism, which it is not. Christians believe in a risen Savior, they believe in the Mosaic law, with Christ tossed in there. ( they are wrong).
yep we are not in the old covenant, not under sabbath law

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Hello Brother Jackson,

So you believe you can lie, steal comit adultery, murder, covet, make idols and have other Gods and dishonr your parents etc etc?
Brother LGF,

New covenant is love your God and your neigbors.

If you love your neigbors why you Murder them, or Lie or steal from them etc. That is not love brother.

do you have children? I do and I love them, If they Sick I bring them to a doctor, and I am not kill them. We are in the new covenant, love covenant, and love not kill.

Jun 5, 2017
Brother LGF,

If you love your neigbors why you Murder them, or Lie or steal from them etc. That is not love brother.

do you have children? I do and I love them, If they Sick I bring them to a doctor, and I am not kill them. We are in the new covenant, love covenant, and love not kill.
Hello Brother Jackson,

Yes this is correct if you LOVE God and your Neigbor you will be obedient to God's LAW because LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW.

This is what we have been trying to share with you in the New Covenant it is God's LAW written on the heart to LOVE and LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW in those who believe (Romans 13:8-10).

Because you LOVE God and your neigbor through FAITH you will no murder, no lie, no steal and not brake God's Sabbath.

If we brake any of God's commandments it is showing we do not LOVE God or our fellow man...

Thie is why Jesus says....... If you LOVE me keep my COMMANDMENTS (John 14:15;15:10)

Now that you have agreed with me do you now understand that LOVE in the New Covenant is God fulfilling his LAW in us to free us from SIN so that we are now free to LOVE and Follow him?

Hope this helps

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Brother LGF,

The Commands ARE love explained by YHWH, as opposed to false love explained/made up by man;

1 John 5:2-3, "By this we know that we love the children of Yah, when we love Yah and guard His commands. For this is the love for Yah, that we guard His commands, and His commands are not heavy."

Romans 13:9-10, "For the commandments: You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not bring false testimony, You shall not covet, and (#G5100 & #G2087) any othercommandments aresummed up (#G346) in these Laws; namely: You must love your neighbor as yourself. Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law."

any”is word #G5100 - tis: a certain one, someone, anyone, Original Word: τις, τι, Part of Speech: Indefinite Pronoun, Transliteration: tis, Phonetic Spelling: (tis), Short Definition: any one, some one, Definition: any one, some one, a certain one or thing.

other”is word #G2087 - heteros 1) the other, another, other, 1 to number,1a1) to number as opposed to some former person or thing,1a2) the other of two,1b) to quality,1b1) another: i.e. one not of the same nature, form, class, kind, different

summed up” is word #G346 – anakephalaioó: to sum up, gather up, Original Word: ἀνακεφαλαιόω, Part of Speech: Verb, Transliteration: anakephalaioó, Phonetic Spelling: (an-ak-ef-al-ah'-ee-om-ahee), Short Definition: I sum up, summarize, recapitulate, gather up in one, Definition: I sum up, summarize, recapitulate, gather up in one

Matt 5:18, "For truly I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh--the smallest of the letters--will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."

Revelation 21:1-2, "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no more sea. And I, Yahanan, saw the holy city, YHWH Shammah, coming down from YHWH out of heaven, prepared as brides adorned for their husbands. And I heard a great voice out of heaven, saying: Behold, the tabernacle of YHWH is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they will be His people, and YHWH Himself will be with them, and be their Father.”

"The one who says, “I know Him,” and does not guard His commands, is a liar"

1 John 2:3-7, “And by this we know that we know Him, if we guard His commands. The one who says, “I know Him,” and does not guard His commands, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever guards His Word, truly the love of Yah has been perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. The one who says he stays in Him ought himself also to walk, even as He walked. Beloved, I write no fresh command to you, but an old command which you have had from the beginning. The old command is the Word which you heard from the beginning.”

Genesis 1:1, “In the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth.”

1 John 2:24, "As for you, let that stay in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning stays in you, you also shall stay in the Son and in the Father."

Deuteronomy 6:5, “And you shall love יהוה your Strength with all your heart, and with all your being, and with all your might.”

Leviticus 19:18, ‘Do not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the children of your people. And you shall love your neighbour as yourself. I am יהוה.”

Mat 22:37-40, "Yahshua said to him: You must love YHWH your Father with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. (Deut 6:5) This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. (Lev 19:18) On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

all” is word #G3650 - holos - Strong's Concordance, holos: whole, complete, Original Word: ὅλος, η, ον, Part of Speech: Adjective, Transliteration: holos, Phonetic Spelling: (hol'-os), Short Definition: all, the whole, entire, Definition: all, the whole, entire, complete

Last edited:

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Hello Brother Jackson,

Yes this is correct if you LOVE God and your Neigbor you will be obedient to God's LAW because LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW.

This is what we have been trying to share with you in the New Covenant it is God's LAW written on the heart to LOVE and LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW in those who believe (Romans 13:8-10).

Because you LOVE God and your neigbor through FAITH you will no murder, no lie, no steal and not brake God's Sabbath.

If we brake any of God's commandments it is showing we do not LOVE God or our fellow man...

Thie is why Jesus says....... If you LOVE me keep my COMMANDMENTS (John 14:15;15:10)

Now that you have agreed with me do you now understand that LOVE in the New Covenant is God fulfilling his LAW in us to free us from SIN so that we are now free to LOVE and Follow him?

Hope this helps

But sabbath law is not in the new covenant, If you do sabbath law then kill the violators

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
The Commands ARE love explained by YHWH, as opposed to false love explained/made up by man;

1 John 5:2-3, "By this we know that we love the children of Yah, when we love Yah and guard His commands. For this is the love for Yah, that we guard His commands, and His commands are not heavy."

Romans 13:9-10, "For the commandments: You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not bring false testimony, You shall not covet, and (#G5100 & #G2087) any othercommandments aresummed up (#G346) in these Laws; namely: You must love your neighbor as yourself. Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law."

any”is word #G5100 - tis: a certain one, someone, anyone, Original Word: τις, τι, Part of Speech: Indefinite Pronoun, Transliteration: tis, Phonetic Spelling: (tis), Short Definition: any one, some one, Definition: any one, some one, a certain one or thing.

other”is word #G2087 - heteros 1) the other, another, other, 1 to number,1a1) to number as opposed to some former person or thing,1a2) the other of two,1b) to quality,1b1) another: i.e. one not of the same nature, form, class, kind, different

summed up” is word #G346 – anakephalaioó: to sum up, gather up, Original Word: ἀνακεφαλαιόω, Part of Speech: Verb, Transliteration: anakephalaioó, Phonetic Spelling: (an-ak-ef-al-ah'-ee-om-ahee), Short Definition: I sum up, summarize, recapitulate, gather up in one, Definition: I sum up, summarize, recapitulate, gather up in one

Matt 5:18, "For truly I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh--the smallest of the letters--will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."

Revelation 21:1-2, "And I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no more sea. And I, Yahanan, saw the holy city, YHWH Shammah, coming down from YHWH out of heaven, prepared as brides adorned for their husbands. And I heard a great voice out of heaven, saying: Behold, the tabernacle of YHWH is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they will be His people, and YHWH Himself will be with them, and be their Father.”

"The one who says, “I know Him,” and does not guard His commands, is a liar"

1 John 2:3-7, “And by this we know that we know Him, if we guard His commands. The one who says, “I know Him,” and does not guard His commands, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever guards His Word, truly the love of Yah has been perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. The one who says he stays in Him ought himself also to walk, even as He walked. Beloved, I write no fresh command to you, but an old command which you have had from the beginning. The old command is the Word which you heard from the beginning.”

Genesis 1:1, “In the beginning Elohim created the heavens and the earth.”

1 John 2:24, "As for you, let that stay in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning stays in you, you also shall stay in the Son and in the Father."

Deuteronomy 6:5, “And you shall love יהוה your Strength with all your heart, and with all your being, and with all your might.”

Leviticus 19:18, ‘Do not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the children of your people. And you shall love your neighbour as yourself. I am יהוה.”

Mat 22:37-40, "Yahshua said to him: You must love YHWH your Father with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. (Deut 6:5) This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. (Lev 19:18) On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

all” is word #G3650 - holos - Strong's Concordance, holos: whole, complete, Original Word: ὅλος, η, ον, Part of Speech: Adjective, Transliteration: holos, Phonetic Spelling: (hol'-os), Short Definition: all, the whole, entire, Definition: all, the whole, entire, complete
like I say brother, there are command that only for Israel, like kill sabbath violator, sabbath law etc, there are new command for NT era and we have to Guard the new command only.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
word of God say sabbath violators must be kill
It is not the palce of any but Messiah to make judgement, therefore it is up to Him who goes where, and the judge upon His return will execute proper judgement:

John 14:23-24, "יהושע answered him, “If anyone loves Me, he shall guard My Word. And My Father shall love him, and We shall come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not guard My Words. And the Word which you hear is not Mine but of the Father Who sent Me.”

Matt 13:41-43, "The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers, and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear."

Matthew 10:14-15, “And whoever does not receive you nor hear your words, when you leave that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet. Truly, I say to you, it shall be more bearable for the land of Seḏom and Amorah in the day of judgment than for that city!”

Revelation 19:11-16, “And I saw the heaven opened, and there was a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Trustworthy and True, and in righteousness He judges and fights. And His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns, having a Name that had been written, which no one had perceived except Himself – and having been dressed in a robe dipped in blood (Isaiah 63:2) and His Name is called: The Word of יהוה. And the armies in the heaven, dressed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. And out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should smite the nations. And He shall shepherd them with a rod of iron. And He treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of the Almighty Strength. And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written: SOVEREIGN OF SOVEREIGNS AND MASTER OF MASTERS.”

Malachi 4:1-6, "4:1, "“For look, the day shall come, *burning like a furnace, and all the proud, and every wrongdoer shall be stubble. And the day that shall come shall burn them up,” said יהוה of hosts, “which leaves to them neither root nor branch."4:2, "“But to you who fear My Name the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings. And you shall go out and leap for joy like calves from the stall."4:3, "“And you shall trample the wrongdoers, for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day that I do this,” said יהוה of hosts."4:4, "“Remember the Torah of Mosheh, My servant, which I commanded him in Ḥorĕḇ for all Yisra’yl – laws and right-rulings."4:5, "“See, I am sending you Ěliyah the prophet before the coming of the great and awesome day of יהוה."4:6, "“And he shall turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the earth with utter destruction.” (Zec 14:13)

Hebrews 13:8, "יהושע Messiah is the same yesterday, and today, and forever.”

Revelation 6:15-17, “And the sovereigns of the earth, and the great ones, and the rich ones, and the commanders, and the mighty, and every slave and every free one, hid themselves in the caves and in the rocks of the mountains and said to the mountains and rocks, “Fall on us and hide us (Hos 10:8) from the face of Him sitting on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb, because the great day of His wrath has come, and who is able to stand?”

Psalm 2:1-12, “Why do the nations rage, And the peoples meditate emptiness? (Mat 4:25-26. See also Dan 2:44, Dan 7:13-28, Hag 2:22, Zec 14:9 and Rev 11:15) The sovereigns of the earth take their stand, And the rulers take counsel together, Against יהוה and against His Messiah, and say, Let us tear apart Their bonds, And throw away Their ropes from us. He who is sitting in the heavens laughs, יהוה mocks at them. Then He speaks to them in His wrath, And troubles them in His rage, saying, But I, I have set My Sovereign on Tsiyon, My set-apart mountain. I inscribe for a law: יהוה has said to Me, ‘You are My Son, Today I have brought You forth. Ask of Me, and I make the nations Your inheritance, And the ends of the earth Your possession. Break them with a rod of iron, Dash them to pieces like a potter’s vessel. And now, be wise, O sovereigns; Be instructed, you rulers of the earth. Serve יהוה with fear, And rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son lest He be enraged, And you perish in the way, For soon His wrath is to be kindled. Blessed are all those taking refuge in Him.”
But sabbath law is not in the new covenant, If you do sabbath law then kill the violators
It also says murderers, sorcerers, etc should be killed, re read my quoted post above...

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Revelation 22:11-15, “He who does wrong, let him do more wrong; he who is filthy, let him be more filthy; he who is righteous, let him be more righteous; he who is set-apart, let him be more set-apart. And behold, I come quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give every man according as his work will be. I am the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Blessed are those who keep His Laws, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For outside are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and worshipers of gods and everyone who professes to love, yet practices falsehood.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]John/Yahanan5:28-30, “Do not be astonished at this-for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice, and will come forth. Those who have practiced righteousness will be resurrected in order to live; and those who have practiced wickedness will be resurrected in order to be damned."[/FONT]

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]What about heaven and earth passing away? Di this already happen?

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Mat 5:18, "I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh; the smallest of the letters will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."

Revelation 21:1, "I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away."
[/FONT]

Hebrews 4:1-11, "Therefore, since a promise of entering His rest remains, let us fear so that none of you should come short of it. For this message was preached to us, as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not benefit them, because they did not share in the faith of those who obeyed-- However, we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: So I vowed in My wrath, They will not enter into My rest, although the works were finished from the foundation of the world, For He spoke in a certain place of the Seventh Day, in this way: And YHWH rested the Seventh Day from all His works. And in this place again: If they will enter into My rest. Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience, Again, He designates a certain day, saying in David: ''Today,'' after so long a time, as it has been said: Today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts. If Yahshua (Joshua ben Nun*) had given them rest he would not have spoken afterward of another day. Therefore, there remains the keeping of the Sabbath (word G#4520) to the people of YHWH, For he who has entered into His rest (word G#2663) has also ceased from his own works, as YHWH did from His. Therefore, let us be zealous to enter into that rest (word G#2663), so that no one may fall after the same example of unbelief."

keeping of the Sabbath” is word G#4520 – sabbatismos, sabbatismos: a sabbath rest, Original Word: σαββατισμός, οῦ, ὁ, Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine, Transliteration: sabbatismos, Phonetic Spelling: (sab-bat-is-mos'), Short Definition: a Sabbath rest, Definition: a keeping of the Sabbath, a Sabbath rest., Word Origin – from a derivation of sabbaton, Definition – a sabbath rest

[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Mat 5:18, "I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh; the smallest of the letters will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."

Revelation 21:1, "I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away."
[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Mat 22:37-40, "Yahshua said to him: You must love YHWH your Father with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. (Deut 6:5) This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. (Lev 19:18) On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Mat 24:35, “Heaven and earth may pass away, but My teachings will not pass away.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Luke 16:16-17, "The Law and the Prophets were until John, since that time the Kingdom of YHWH is preached, and every man is pressed to enter it. But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one yodh of the Law to fail." [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Daniyl 7:25, "And he will speak great words against YHWH, and will wear out; mentally attack to cause to fall away, the saints of YHWH, and think to change times and Laws…" [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
[/FONT]

Dec 14, 2017
What about heaven and earth passing away? Di this already happen?

Mat 5:18, "I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh; the smallest of the letters will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."

Hebrews 4:1-11, "Therefore, since a promise of entering His rest remains, let us fear so that none of you should come short of it. For this message was preached to us, as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not benefit them, because they did not share in the faith of those who obeyed-- However, we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: So I vowed in My wrath, They will not enter into My rest, although the works were finished from the foundation of the world, For He spoke in a certain place of the Seventh Day, in this way: And YHWH rested the Seventh Day from all His works. And in this place again: If they will enter into My rest. Since therefore it remains that some must enter it, and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience, Again, He designates a certain day, saying in David: ''Today,'' after so long a time, as it has been said: Today, if you will hear His voice, do not harden your hearts. If Yahshua (Joshua ben Nun*) had given them rest he would not have spoken afterward of another day. Therefore, there remains the keeping of the Sabbath (word G#4520) to the people of YHWH, For he who has entered into His rest (word G#2663) has also ceased from his own works, as YHWH did from His. Therefore, let us be zealous to enter into that rest (word G#2663), so that no one may fall after the same example of unbelief."

keeping of the Sabbath” is word G#4520 – sabbatismos, sabbatismos: a sabbath rest, Original Word: σαββατισμός, οῦ, ὁ, Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine, Transliteration: sabbatismos, Phonetic Spelling: (sab-bat-is-mos'), Short Definition: a Sabbath rest, Definition: a keeping of the Sabbath, a Sabbath rest., Word Origin – from a derivation of sabbaton, Definition – a sabbath rest

Mat 5:18, "I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh; the smallest of the letters will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."

Mat 24:35, “Heaven and earth may pass away, but My teachings will not pass away.”

Luke 16:16-17, "The Law and the Prophets were until John, since that time the Kingdom of YHWH is preached, and every man is pressed to enter it. But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one yodh of the Law to fail."

Daniyl 7:25, "And he will speak great words against YHWH, and will wear out; mentally attack to cause to fall away, the saints of YHWH, and think to change times and Laws…"

How many on this forum know that "the Law" (from which not the smallest mark will pass away) is referring to ONLY the Torah (the first five books of the bible, and ONLY in the original Hebrew language)?

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
How many on this forum know that "the Law" (from which not the smallest mark will pass away) is referring to ONLY the Torah (the first five books of the bible, and ONLY in the original Hebrew language)?
I have no clue how many and what they kno, I can only go off what people say. However it is not hard to read the wor, particularly Yahshua/Jesus words as the foundation. I know people can read the same thing and come up with different conclusions however I think it relatively safe to say anyone that uses His words as their foundation will have a somewhat similar view.

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
Strictly speaking you are correct. That is how 'the Law' is understood among Jewish people in modern times.

In first century Israel The law was understood 3 ways:

1) The five books of Moses.

2) Everything except the Prophets.

3) The entire OT [usually when referring to the Septuigent]

Jun 5, 2017
Hello Brother Jackson, can you please tell me how this makes any sense at all?

Is the 4th commandment one of the 10 commandment ?

If the 4th commandment is one of the 10 commandments then what you are saying above makes not sense.

The first four commandments are your duty of LOVE to God and the second six commandments are your duty of LOVE to your neighbor.

Last edited:

beta

Aug 8, 2016
Brother LGF,

Friend...it is YOU who still has an Old Covenant mentality ! WE sabbath-keepers are already in the NC which is BASED on LOVE....or you as a violater/sinner and lawbreaker would have been killed a long time ago !!!
But NOW you are shown love and mercy as you are being rehabilitated/regenerated instead of being killed !
Do you want to be killed or do you want to live ? then learn to live in gratitude to your Savior the Lord of the Sabbath for giving you this opportunity !!!

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
It also says murderers, sorcerers, etc should be killed, re read my quoted post above...

Revelation 22:11-15, “He who does wrong, let him do more wrong; he who is filthy, let him be more filthy; he who is righteous, let him be more righteous; he who is set-apart, let him be more set-apart. And behold, I come quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give every man according as his work will be. I am the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Blessed are those who keep His Laws, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For outside are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and worshipers of gods and everyone who professes to love, yet practices falsehood.”

John/Yahanan5:28-30, “Do not be astonished at this-for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice, and will come forth. Those who have practiced righteousness will be resurrected in order to live; and those who have practiced wickedness will be resurrected in order to be damned."
yep If you follow Old covenant than murder must be kill by human authority not only sabbath violator, but I believe I am in the new commandment.