GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
Yet you only ask the questions as a diversion to try and change the topic of discussion from the OP and the scriptures posted.

I have already said to you 3 times already I am happy to continue answering your questions by the GRACE of GOD if you promise to answer my questions that you ignore. You have ignored me 3 times even on this request. So until you agree to answer my questions I have stopped answering yours.

What you have written above is your own divising and is not true as to what I believe as you do not know what I believe because I have not answered your question.

If you do not know what I believe how can you say things that are not true if I have given you no such answer? If I have given you no such answer to your question then are you not spreading lies as to what I believe?

Only God's Word is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW him who LOVES us.
Double speak.

We know very well what you believe, as has been shown to you many times, and it is not the truth.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017
Double speak. We know very well what you believe, as has been shown to you many times, and it is not the truth.
Hello PS,

So nice to see you here. So you know what I believe and you judge me? I do not judge you and you are free to believe anything you wish but we are all accountable to God come judgement day.

If you know what it is I believe, please then by all means, what do I believe?

What has been shown to me?

What is not the truth?

Only God's Word is truth and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW him who is calling us. Those that do not are UNBELIEVERS and UNBELIEVERS do not know him who LOVES us. If you do not have God's Word how can you know the truth?

Last edited:

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Yet you only ask the questions as a diversion to try and change the topic of discussion from the OP and the scriptures posted.

I have already said to you 3 times already I am happy to continue answering your questions by the GRACE of GOD if you promise to answer my questions that you ignore. You have ignored me 3 times even on this request. So until you agree to answer my questions I have stopped answering yours.

What you have written above is your own divising and is not true as to what I believe as you do not know what I believe because I have not answered your question.

If you do not know what I believe how can you say things that are not true if I have given you no such answer? If I have given you no such answer to your question then are you not spreading lies as to what I believe?

Only God's Word is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW him who LOVES us.
all right, then for the 4th time- gentiles were never under the law of Moses. Paul said so in Romans 2. so they were never commanded to keep the Sabbath. N.T. believers were never commanded to keep it. John , a jewish man, said- "I was in the Sprit on the Lord's day." it is safe to assume that if he wanted to say " Shabbat ", he would have. he did not.

so there you go. answers. with Scripture. now- anything on the Resurrection, or Jesus as Lord, or, you, know Christianity? since that is the religion that Christ risen is founded on.

Jun 5, 2017
all right, then for the 4th time- gentiles were never under the law of Moses. Paul said so in Romans 2. so they were never commanded to keep the Sabbath. N.T. believers were never commanded to keep it. John , a jewish man, said- "I was in the Sprit on the Lord's day." it is safe to assume that if he wanted to say " Shabbat ", he would have. he did not. so there you go. answers. with Scripture. now- anything on the Resurrection, or Jesus as Lord, or, you, know Christianity? since that is the religion that Christ risen is founded on.
Hello gb9, and once again God's Word would disagree with your interpreation of it.

All are under the law if they have sinned against God. You refer to Acts 15 which is talking about CIRCUMCISION from the Mosaic laws written in the book of the law as a requirement for salvation v1-5. This chapter does NOT say that Gentile believers are free to brake God's 10 commandments. God's LAW (10 comamndments) and the book of Moses have a different purpose in the Old Covenant. One is Forever and the other Shodows pointing to Jesus and the plan of salvation...

God's Word says that John was in the Spirit on the Sabbath day not Sunday because the Word of God says that the Sabbath day is the "Lord's day"

Matthew 12
For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Why would he need to say Shabbat when he knows that Jesus is the creator of the Sabbath and it is the day He made for mandkind? God's Word says that the Lord's Day = the Sabbath not Sunday. It is God's Word and we should believe it. John was in the Spirit on the Sabbath day (Lord's Day)

Yes indeed, how about if I will answer you when you answer my question. That is a fair enough don't you think?

If someone is living in a life of KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN are they in a saved state before God or an UNSAVED state before God?

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (
Matthew 15:3-9)

In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men every where to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (
Acts 17:30-31)

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Hello gb9, and once again God's Word would disagree with your interpreation of it.

All are under the law if they have sinned against God. You refer to Acts 15 which is talking about CIRCUMCISION from the Mosaic laws written in the book of the law as a requirement for salvation v1-5. This chapter does NOT say that Gentile believers are free to brake God's 10 commandments. God's LAW (10 comamndments) and the book of Moses have a different purpose in the Old Covenant. One is Forever and the other Shodows pointing to Jesus and the plan of salvation...

God's Word says that John was in the Spirit on the Sabbath day not Sunday because the Word of God says that the Sabbath day is the "Lord's day"

Matthew 12

Why would he need to say Shabbat when he knows that Jesus is the creator of the Sabbath and it is the day He made for mandkind? God's Word says that the Lord's Day = the Sabbath not Sunday. It is God's Word and we should believe it. John was in the Spirit on the Sabbath day (Lord's Day)

Yes indeed, how about if I will answer you when you answer my question. That is a fair enough don't you think?

If someone is living in a life of KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN are they in a saved state before God or an UNSAVED state before God?

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

There is not one scripture in ALL of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to worship God on Sunday in it's place.

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (

In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men every where to REPENT for the KINGDOM of HEAVEN is at HAND (

Hope this helps.
if you care about language, " Sabbath " and" Lord's day " are completely different words, not similar at all .

I know what ( or who ) you do not care about - the Lord Jesus Christ. you flat refuse to call him Lord, or state that you believe in the Resurrection. Jesus is the only way to the Father. I strongly suggest that you accept Him as Lord and Savior.

Sabbath cannot save you. no matter what ellen white based lies you have been fed. reject them, denounce her, accept Jesus.

Jun 5, 2017
if you care about language, " Sabbath " and" Lord's day " are completely different words, not similar at all .

I know what ( or who ) you do not care about - the Lord Jesus Christ. you flat refuse to call him Lord, or state that you believe in the Resurrection. Jesus is the only way to the Father. I strongly suggest that you accept Him as Lord and Savior.

Sabbath cannot save you. no matter what ellen white based lies you have been fed. reject them, denounce her, accept Jesus.
Yes gb9 but that does not change the scripture meaning that the ONLY interpreation from the scriptures is that the Lord's Day is the Sabbath day. Jesus said this to His Disciples and for all to hear it. John is just repeating the Words of Jesus found here....

Matthew 12

There is no scripture in ALL of God's Word that says Sunday is the "Lords Day". The only scripture found about the Lord's Day is Jesus telling everyone that the Lord's Day is the Sabbath day.

We should BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD over the traditions of the Roman Catholic Church.

Hope this helps.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
well, since you apparently do not believe in the Resurrection, then it really does not matter what day it happened, right?

U

UnderGrace

All are under the law if they have sinned against God.
Please specify the scripture?

Matthew 12

Hope this helps.

Jun 5, 2017
well, since you apparently do not believe in the Resurrection, then it really does not matter what day it happened, right?
Now Lucy, where have I ever said such things and if I have never said such things are you telling the truth?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
yes, I am telling the truth. anyone can do back through the last week or so of this thread and see how many times I have asked you if you believe in the Resurrection, and how many times you have not answered.

U

UnderGrace

Yes, it would seem a clear yes or no would settle the matter:)

yes, I am telling the truth. anyone can do back through the last week or so of this thread and see how many times I have asked you if you believe in the Resurrection, and how many times you have not answered.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Yes, it would seem a clear yes or no would settle the matter:)
something no Christ follower should have any time doing 25 times a day. Christians have no problem confessing our belief in our Lord and Savior. and His Resurrection.

Dec 23, 2017
To LoveGodForever

Can you explain this verse to me ?

Ro 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Jun 5, 2017
Now Lucy is that true? So you can show me a post where I have said I do not believe in the Resurrection because I do not answer your question? Can you please show me where I have ever said such things as you claim. If you cannot are you bearing false witness agaisnt your neighbor?

I have only stopped answering all your questions because you and your friends ignore my questions. I have even told you already many times already, that if you will promise to answer my questions then I am happy by God's Grace to answer your question. This is a fair request dont you think?

Back to the OP and away from change of topic.

Hope this helps.

Jun 5, 2017
Originally Posted by LoveGodForever; All are under the law if they have sinned against God.

Please specify the scripture?
Certainly..

Rom 3
Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are UNDER THE LAW: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
20, Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

links to..

James 2
If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
9, But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10, For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
11, For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
12, So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

links to..

Romans 7
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

links to..

1 John 3
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

links to..

Romans 2
For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

Hope this helps.

U

UnderGrace

These verses do not state explicitly that the Gentile is under the law?

Certainly..

Rom 3
Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are UNDER THE LAW: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
20, Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

links to..

James 2
If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
9, But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10, For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
11, For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
12, So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.

links to..

Romans 7
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

links to..

1 John 3
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

links to..

Romans 2
For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

Hope this helps.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Now Lucy is that true? So you can show me a post where I have said I do not believe in the Resurrection because I do not answer your question? Can you please show me where I have ever said such things as you claim. If you cannot are you bearing false witness agaisnt your neighbor?

I have only stopped answering all your questions because you and your friends ignore my questions. I have even told you already many times already, that if you will promise to answer my questions then I am happy by God's Grace to answer your question. This is a fair request dont you think?

Back to the OP and away from change of topic.

Hope this helps.
it would help if you would not call me lucy. and, #3143, I answered your questions. just because you disagree with the answers does not mean that none are being given.

so, you are bearing false witness In saying that your questions are not being answered. and, Jesus said that if you denied Him before men, He would deny you before the Father. each and every time you are asked if believe in the Resurrection, and do not acknowledge Him as Lord and Savior, that is exactly what you are doing. denying His Deity and authority.

if someone asked me about Christ, I would give Him glory by stating that He is the resurrected Lord and Savior. not because of the question, but because He is.

you keep giving Sabbath glory, and denying Christ. i'll keep giving Him glory and saying that Sabbath is optional for believers. we will see which one pleases the Father.

Jun 5, 2017
Originally Posted by LoveGodForever

So you can show me a post where I have said I do not believe in the Resurrection because I do not answer your question? Can you please show me where I have ever said such things as you claim. If you cannot are you bearing false witness agaisnt your neighbor?
it would help if you would not call me lucy. and, #3143,
So you are not Lucy-Pevensie? I see. So what has #3143 have to do with anything at all about saying I have said I do not believe in the resurrection? Lets look at it....

Post # 3143; gb9
all right, then for the 4th time- gentiles were never under the law of Moses. Paul said so in Romans 2. so they were never commanded to keep the Sabbath. N.T. believers were never commanded to keep it. John , a jewish man, said- "I was in the Sprit on the Lord's day." it is safe to assume that if he wanted to say " Shabbat ", he would have. he did not. so there you go. answers. with Scripture. now- anything on the Resurrection, or Jesus as Lord, or, you, know Christianity? since that is the religion that Christ risen is founded on.
What did you answer and what question do you claim you are answering that I have asked you?

The reply to your post was given in post # 3144 below....

Matthew 12

Now what question did I ask you to make you think you were answering any questions? You indeed just made up your own question and provided your own answer that did not even answer your own question and this post is not of me saying that I do not believe in the resurrection at all.

So NO, indeed you are bearing false witness claiming I have siad or believe things I have not said or answered and saying you have answered questions I have not asked of you.

@ UG... and just the very fact you are agreeing with gb9 by liking her post, does this also make you an accomplice to bearing false witness because you are agreeing with her?

Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow him who is calling us.