GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Christ ministered to others on the Sabbath. He did not worry about or tend to His own needs. He is our example. This is what it is to be Holy.
GOD rested from all HIS physical work. So we rest from all our physical work. But because HE continues Spiritually so do we. For HE is Love and as HE is so are we in this world through Christ.
Christ's physical body was involved in the healings, so I think it was physical work.

Every person decides for themselves what will be physical work or not, unless we have a priest we can go to with the lights and Perfections as it was done in the old Covenant.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
ahh, the classic " corrupted by religious traditions ". I see why you love your man-made religion so much. you just puff away anything and everything that disagrees with it with " corrupted " .

the Mormons believe what you do. congrats on aligning yourself with them.
What do the Mormons believe that relates to the thread? I'm curious now...

Sep 4, 2012
It's you and the Popes and Benny Hinns and Joyce Meyer's religion I don't believe in. I believe in the Word's of God as did Paul.

Acts 24:
13 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me.

14 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:
You remind me of the pharisees who followed Moses, but put his words above Jesus' words thus manifesting their unbelief.

Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father! The one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have put your hope! For if you had believed Moses, you would believe me, for that one wrote about me. But if you do not believe that one’s writings, how will you believe my words?” John 5:45-47

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
Paul's the one who told the Galatians they would be making Christ out to be nothing if they became circumcised.
Who was telling the Galatians to be physically Circumcised? The Circumcision or the Jewish Religion of the day was trying to "Bewitch" the Galatians, Yes? Why were they not part of God's Church?

Was it not because they "Transgressed the Commandments of God" by their own religious traditions? Was it not because they had God's Commandments but refused to keep them? Was it because they were teaching for Doctrines the Commandments of Men?

This is what the Bible says about them. So what has Paul already told us about them and Circumcision?

Rom. 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

26 Therefore if the uncircumcision (Gentiles) keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision?

27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, (Gentiles) if it fulfil the law, (Repent, turn to God, do works worthy of repentance) judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

This is the Spiritual reason and meaning for Circumcision. It represents repentance.

Lev. 26:
40 If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me;
41 And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:
42 Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.

Jer. 10:10 To whom shall I speak, and give warning, that they may hear? behold, their ear is uncircumcised, and they cannot hearken: behold, the word of the LORD is unto them a reproach; they have no delight in it.

Duet. 10:16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.

Duet 30:6 And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

Jer. 4:4 Circumcise yourselves to the LORD, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Col. 2:
8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

But circumcision was the command & covenant God gave to Abraham, and the same Paul just told the same Galatians that the Abrahamic covenant was being fulfilled through Christ in them, and how it is a greater covenant superseding the Sinai one with Israel.

It wasn't Joyce Meyers ((who??)), it's the Bible.

How'd this physical covenant sign get turned around like that, from a sign of good to taking an evil mark?

Again Post, the answer to every question you have is in the Bible, in the Law and Prophet that Jesus and Paul taught from. All we need to do is believe in it.

Circumcision of the Heart, which represents true repentance, is still a requirement of the Law for Salvation today as it was in Moses time.

Your church, the Pope, Jimmy Swaggert, none of these mainstream preachers teach this today just like none of the Preachers of Christ's time taught it, (Except Zechariah who knew Jesus when He came) but it was there in their Bible just as it is in yours.

There is just a fundamental difference between how we Glorify God, and therefore a difference in how we see God.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
What do the Mormons believe that relates to the thread? I'm curious now...
Well Joe Smith claimed all Christian denominations were heretical and that he alone was the true christian, with the right doctrine. That every theology since about 2ND century was corrupt bit he was uncorrupted in his own theology, he alone.

That's maybe a similarity with some people on CC, not confined just to this thread either.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
You remind me of the pharisees who followed Moses, but put his words above Jesus' words thus manifesting their unbelief.

Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father! The one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have put your hope! For if you had believed Moses, you would believe me, for that one wrote about me. But if you do not believe that one’s writings, how will you believe my words?” John 5:45-47
And you remind me of the mainstream preachers of Christ's time that told lies about God's Word.

You preach the Pharisees "followed Moses". Yet Jesus, His Prophets, and His Disciples all tell us they didn't.

John 7:19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

Matt. 15:
7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. (Not God as your preach.)

Acts 7:
51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:
53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

Jer 5:
30 A wonderful and horrible thing is committed in the land;
31 The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?

The Pharisees didn't follow Moses or the instruction the Word which became Flesh gave to him. If they had, like Zechariahs, they would have known Jesus when He came like Zechariahs did.

So the entire premise of your slam is based on a false teaching. This is why I don't go to your church.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
Well Joe Smith claimed all Christian denominations were heretical and that he alone was the true christian, with the right doctrine. That every theology since about 2ND century was corrupt bit he was uncorrupted in his own theology, he alone.

That's maybe a similarity with some people on CC, not confined just to this thread either.
If his religion is man made, then the scriptures will expose them as they do all religious traditions of man.

Sep 4, 2012
You preach the Pharisees "followed Moses". Yet Jesus, His Prophets, and His Disciples all tell us they didn't.
That's not true. Jesus himself told the crowd to do what the pharisees said because they sat in Moses' seat. Jesus also rebuked the pharisees for adding things to the law.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014

yes, I've heard that.

another possibility,

Joseph Smith felt that only he could truly understand the Bible, and that he received personal Revelations from God about it.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
That's not true. Jesus himself told the crowd to do what the pharisees said because they sat in Moses' seat. Jesus also rebuked the pharisees for adding things to the law.
Matt. 23:
1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:
3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, (They follow the Law of Moses)and do not.
4 For they (NOT GOD as you preach) bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.

Matt. 15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. (Not God as you preach)

John 5:
45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words? (They didn't believe Moses as you preach)

John 7:19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me? (they didn't follow the Law of Moses as you preach)

Acts 7:
51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:
53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it. (They didn't follow the Law of God as you preach)

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. (In your religion, does the devil follow God's Commandments?)

Matt. 23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

They didn't just add things to His Law, they omitted much of it.

Matt. 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Your preaching that the Pharisees followed the Law of Moses, is an insidious lie that is widely taught in Mainstream Christianity.

Jesus said just the opposite over and over and over. The Prophets foretold of the Priests who taught visions of their own mind, false teachers who God did not send, over and over and over.

Jer. 5:
30 A wonderful and horrible thing is committed in the land;
31 The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means; and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?

Jer 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

God sent them Prophets to set them straight, and they killed the Prophets.

Matt. 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Not Zechariahs though.

Luke 1:
5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

This man knew Jesus when He came and Saul and the Pharisees didn't. That is because Jesus manifested Himself to Zechariahs just like He promised.

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

What is sad is that you and many others will read this, and it will mean nothing to you. Your preaching that the Pharisees were following the "Law of Moses" has just been exposed by the Word's of God as a false preaching. Will you consider this Biblical fact? Will you understand how this lie is the foundation for much of Mainstream Christianity? No! Probably not. You will most likely continue to ridicule me for telling the truth about the Pharisees, and you will continue to further the insidious lie that these liars, these false preachers, were trying to earn Salvation by following God's Laws.

This is why I don't go to the mainstream church.

Sep 4, 2012
What is sad is that you and many others will read this, and it will mean nothing to you. Your preaching that the Pharisees were following the "Law of Moses" has just been exposed by the Word's of God as a false preaching. Will you consider this Biblical fact? Will you understand how this lie is the foundation for much of Mainstream Christianity? No! Probably not. You will most likely continue to ridicule me for telling the truth about the Pharisees, and you will continue to further the insidious lie that these liars, these false preachers, were trying to earn Salvation by following God's Laws.
No I don't ever read these long elaborate posts from you or anyone else. If someone can't speak the truth concisely, then they're just trying to hide that they don't know the truth with a lot of words.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
No I don't ever read these long elaborate posts from you or anyone else. If someone can't speak the truth concisely, then they're just trying to hide that they don't know the truth with a lot of words.
I posted many scriptures from the same Jesus you claim to honor, so everyone can see what He says about the Pharisees and how you reject His Word's outright to further your religious tradition..
You can say you didn't read it, but we both know you did.

I didn't expect anything differently from you.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
i don't think any of this means anyone gets to replace

But some believers from the party of the Pharisees stood up and declared, "The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to obey the Law of Moses."
(Acts 15:5)

with

"some Pharisees, who were of course only fake believers because ((duh)) they were pharisees, stood up and declared 'the Gentiles who are obviously already obeying the Law of Moses ((except for the sacrificial parts, abiding by the judgements within it, and some other bits we'll leave undefined for now .. oh yeah and circumcision)) must also keep our totally extra-scriptural-and-entirely-human traditions'"

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
yes, I've heard that.

another possibility,

Joseph Smith felt that only he could truly understand the Bible, and that he received personal Revelations from God about it.
yes IIRC he was already saying that all churches were wrong and that the real gospel ((which he of course was privy to)) had been lost ever since the last apostles passed, before the whole BOM thing.

i think it's weird how at the same time they say the apostle John never died, and is still on earth ((attending LDS council meetings once in a while?)). you would think, how could the actual gospel have stopped being preached if John's been here the whole time . . ? what has John been doing? who could keep him quiet for 1,900 years?? amiright?

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
yes IIRC he was already saying that all churches were wrong and that the real gospel ((which he of course was privy to)) had been lost ever since the last apostles passed, before the whole BOM thing.

i think it's weird how at the same time they say the apostle John never died, and is still on earth ((attending LDS council meetings once in a while?)). you would think, how could the actual gospel have stopped being preached if John's been here the whole time . . ? what has John been doing? who could keep him quiet for 1,900 years?? amiright?
My wife grew up in the RLDS (similar to LDS) church and their founder and false prophet, Joseph Smith Jr claims that he inquired of the Lord of all the sects, which one was right and which one should he join. The following is from their Pearl of Great Price:

My object in going to inquire of the Lord was to know which of all the sects was right, that I might know which to join. No sooner, therefore, did I get possession of myself, so as to be able to speak, than I asked the Personages who stood above me in the light, which of all the sects was right -- and which I should join. I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight....
He again forbade me to join with any of them (Joseph Smith - History 1:18-20)

Typical cult mentality. :rolleyes:

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014

I've never heard that one before,

That Mormons believe that the Apostle John never died.

Not that I'm doubting they believe that...

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I've never heard that one before,

That Mormons believe that the Apostle John never died.

Not that I'm doubting they believe that...
they basically take John 21:22 and run with it. not sure why, or if all of them do.