GOD'S SABBATH AND THE REAL TRUTH OF COL 2:14-17 WHO DO WE BELIEVE GOD or MAN?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
here is the real agenda of the Pharisees, out of there own mouths- John 11 v.48 " if we let Him go on like this, Rome will come and take away our temple and nation.

so, they were more concerned with playing politics than following God's word.

and, history tells , about 35 years later, the Pharisees led the rebellion against rome that got exactly what they said here they did not want to happen.
They didn't believe He was the Messiah, they didn't believe the teaching of the Law and Prophets which taught the true enemy of man comes from their own heart (mind).

Zechariahs knew this, the Wise Men knew this, but the Pharisees, because they rejected the Word's of their own God, did not know this.

I think it is a mistake to discount these Biblical facts when preaching and them.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
good point.

The story is sparse

To me the implication is that they hid when they heard the sound of God coming. maybe they came out when they realized there was no hiding?
Yeah, but is it weird to assume they thought they could hide from God? They knew maybe better than any other human how that He is Almighty. They also should have known absolutely of His goodness, so in that light they may have been hiding from something else. Lol maybe afraid Pharisees would see their nakedness.

Maybe just overall shame, and they weren't hiding from anything in particular, but everything in general.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
It says they feared being naked before GOD, which symbolizes uncovered sinfulness.
Yes

Genesis 3:8
And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Genesis 3:7
And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they [were] naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

This doesn't quite say what it is about knowing their nakedness that made them try to cover it. But it's because of the fact of it, and their knowledge of the fact

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they [were] naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

This doesn't quite say what it is about knowing their nakedness that made them try to cover it. But it's because of the fact of it, and their knowledge of the fact
It's also interesting to note that at first they tried to cover their own nakedness (sin) but God replaced their covering with one of His Own.

21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

Sep 4, 2012

Nakedness symbolizes sinfulness, wretchedness. Christ is our covering (clothing) that hides that and removes fear (fear has judgment)

Because you are saying, “I am rich, and have become rich, and I have need of nothing,” and you do not know that you are wretched and pitiable and poor and blind and naked, I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, in order that you may become rich, and white clothing, in order that you may be clothed and the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed, and eye salve to smear on your eyes, in order that you may see. Revelation 3:17-18
Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who is watches and who keeps his clothing, so that he does not walk around naked and they see his shamefulness! Revelation 16:15

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
Nakedness symbolizes sinfulness, wretchedness. Christ is our covering (clothing) that hides that and removes fear (fear has judgment)

Because you are saying, “I am rich, and have become rich, and I have need of nothing,” and you do not know that you are wretched and pitiable and poor and blind and naked, I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, in order that you may become rich, and white clothing, in order that you may be clothed and the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed, and eye salve to smear on your eyes, in order that you may see. Revelation 3:17-18
Behold, I am coming like a thief. Blessed is the one who is watches and who keeps his clothing, so that he does not walk around naked and they see his shamefulness! Revelation 16:15
This is why it is so important to listen to God and not the serpent as Eve did, whether it is disguised as Israelites as it was for Caleb, or disguised as Levites Priests as it was for much of the Old Testament, or disguised as Pharisees and scribes as it was in Jesus time, or disguised as "Apostles of Christ and Ministers of Righteousness" as His Word says will happen in our time.

This is why ALL of God's Word is so important in my opinion.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
Yeah, but is it weird to assume they thought they could hide from God? They knew maybe better than any other human how that He is Almighty. They also should have known absolutely of His goodness, so in that light they may have been hiding from something else. Lol maybe afraid Pharisees would see their nakedness.

Maybe just overall shame, and they weren't hiding from anything in particular, but everything in general.
an Idea

when translating and understanding an ancient document such as Genesis, it's important to consider not only the words but also the culture too.

Adam and Eve are presented as thinking they can hide from God behind trees. how much did they know about God? Hard to say, they'd only just learned about Good and Evil earlier that day.

But at the same time, God is presented as not knowing where Adam and Eve are
and not knowing about what had happened in the garden in his "absence".

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014
on the subject of nakedness

I've heard that sometimes when European explorers came to areas around the equator where the people often wore little or no clothes

that one conclusion they arrived at was that these people must not be descended from Adam and Eve, since they didn't seem to know that they were naked and had no shame about it.

(yes, that's not a Biblical conclusion)

It must have been strange for those people to First hear about Genesis chapter 3.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
an Idea

when translating and understanding an ancient document such as Genesis, it's important to consider not only the words but also the culture too.

Adam and Eve are presented as thinking they can hide from God behind trees. how much did they know about God? Hard to say, they'd only just learned about Good and Evil earlier that day.

But at the same time, God is presented as not knowing where Adam and Eve are
and not knowing about what had happened in the garden in his "absence".
I think it is important to understand why the Law and Prophets were written according to the Apostle of Christ.

1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Some might try and say that Spiritually speaking this isn't talking about Genesis, But what is Exodus without Genesis?

5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

Shouldn't we take this into account when studying the Law and Prophets?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I think it is important to understand why the Law and Prophets were written according to the Apostle of Christ.
How about according to Christ:

John 5:39
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

This is a commandment. Search the scriptures - they testify of Christ. Find Him in them :)

I think, when anyone does not see Christ testified of in any scripture, it is not possible that they understand it correctly.

Studyman

Oct 11, 2017
How about according to Christ:

John 5:39
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

This is a commandment. Search the scriptures - they testify of Christ. Find Him in them :)

I think, when anyone does not see Christ testified of in any scripture, it is not possible that they understand it correctly.
I agree.

John 5:
38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
41 I receive not honour from men.
42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

But searching the Scriptures is useless unless one believes what they say. This is another of many scriptures where Jesus confirms His teaching that;

1. He teaches the same as He did as the Word.

2. The Pharisees had a religion, it just didn't include what God had instructed them.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014

1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

Some might try and say that Spiritually speaking this isn't talking about Genesis, But what is Exodus without Genesis?

5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

oh yes, we should take all those things into account when studying the scriptures.

We know those things were written to us for our examples,
and we see they are examples of

1 Corinthians 10: 13. There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. 14. Wherefore, my dearly beloved,

flee from idolatry.

wherefore, they are examples that we ought to flee from idolatry.

1 Corinthians 10: 15. I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say. 16. The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? 17. For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread. 18. Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the alter? 19. What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing? 20. But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. 21. Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils. 22. Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he? 23. All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not. 24. Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth. 25. Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake: 26. For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof. 27. If any of them that believe not bid you to a feast, and ye be disposed to go; whatsoever is set before you, eat, asking no question for conscience sake. 28. But if any man say unto you, This is offered in sacrifice unto idols, eat not for his sake that shewed it, and for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof: 29. Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of the other: for why is my liberty judged of another man's conscience? 30. For if I by grace be a partaker, why am I evil spoken of for that for which I give thanks? 31. Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 32. Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God: 33. Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

1 Corinthians 11: 1. Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. 2. Now I praise you, brethren, that ye remember me in all things, and keep the ordinances, as I delivered them to you. 3. But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. 4. Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head. 5. But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. 6. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. 7. For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. 8. For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. 9. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. 10. For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels. 11. Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord. 12. For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God. 13. Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered? 14. Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? 15. But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. 16. But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God. 17. Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse. 18. For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it. 19. For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. 20. When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper. 21. For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. 22. What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not. 23. For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 24. And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. 25. After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 26. For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. 27. Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28. But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29. For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 30. For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 31. For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 32. But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. 33. Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another. 34. And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.
1 Corinthians 12: 1. Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
L

What is the law of prophet mean?

Mar 28, 2016
L

What is the law of prophet mean?
The law and the prophets (one thing). And not law of the prophets. (two) The perfect law is not of men.

They are to two witnesses of God .The law is signified by Moses as the law giver. The written law seen is that which kills .And the Prophets the unseen power that heals signified by Elias.

Elias a prophet is said to be more than a prophet .(seeing he represents the law of faith) This is in so much that Elias's name is used to identify the unseen power of prophecy .The word of God. Again just as Moses is used to represent that seen

Together the written law and the unseen law of faith. . they make up the perfect law. The law that accuses mankind and shows all fall short of the glory And the unseen law of faith that heals. Together making the perfect law or one complete law . Which apart from each other have no effect.

But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? yea, I say unto you, and more than a prophet. For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come
Matherw 11:9-14

Again Elias represents all the prophets in respect to the power of the gospel, the unseen law of faith

But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter. Romans7:6

Newness of spirit the unseen law of faith signified by the prophets.

Below the principle of the two working as one is shown (law and the prophets) using a theophany or a vision. Not literal flesh and blood as if the scripture was putting its seal of a approval on necromancy a Catholic foundation. Communing with saints that have left this realm under the Sun .

Mosses and Elisha were not literal speaking. but they again were used as the two witnesses of God.The same two witnesses used in Revelation that were silenced or killed for a period of time that the holy Spirit sends a famine for hearing the word the gospel of his to witness ,.

The parable reads...

And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.Mathew 17

hear ye him introduces what we are informed of in in Hebrews 1 . The last days he spoke through his Son directly .Using his life as a living parable of the things not seen .The will of the father that worked in the Son of man .The unseen power needed both hear the will of the father and a desire given to work it out.. as two working together in perfect harmomony..

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I responded to ALL your scripture saying that none of it addresses the issue and all of it is a verbose scam, deception, and mis-direction!

In other words, put very simply, you are a long-winded liar!!!!
A very crafty Judaizer and lawyer is what he is! This cunning spiritual narcissist is now terrorizing the Christian Forums site with his usual long winded posts full of scripture twisting, trickery, deceit, rhetoric and SDA propaganda. :cautious:

Another member on that site recently called him out and made a brilliant observation about him below: (y)

There is a point of copying and pasting, and then there is copying and pasting crazy large walls of texts for multiple pages to the point of ridiculousness. A lot of copying and pasting here that will not be read by your average reader unless they are already biased in keeping the Old Law. No doubt you use this tactic to make it look like you know what you are talking about on this topic, but in reality it contradicts Scripture. (like Colossians 2:14-17) You make it impossible for anyone to reply to you, and that's the way you like it.