- God's Will -

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 1, 2011
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. ( Romans 12:1-2 )

We have an obligation to seek out and obey God's will in our lives. There are two extremes for us in this life.one is to do the will of God and the other is not to do the will of God. Every day we are faced with making choices.we have the wisdom of God available to us through His Word to be able to make the right choices.Sometimes the right choice is very obvious.sometimes it is not.In such cases,it is important that we seek the Lord for his guidance. The Lord promises that if we acknowledge Him in everything we do,whether it be small or large,significant or insignificant, He will direct our steps.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ( Proverbs 3:6 )

God wants us to know his will -

Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is. ( Ephesians 5:17 )

For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
( Deuteronomy 30:11 )

For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God; ( Colossians 1:9-10 )

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. ( Philippians 2:13 )

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
( Psalm 32:8 )

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
( 1 John 2:17 )

God reveals His will to us through -

And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God. ( Deuteronomy 28:2 )

But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee: ( Deuteronomy 28:15 )

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. ( Romans 8:28 )

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. ( Psalm 1:1 )

Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellers there is safety.
( Proverbs 11:14 )

NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. ( Psalm 119:105 )

And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,
( Acts 10:10 )

And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left. ( Isaiah 30:21 )

And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.
( 1 Kings 19:12 )

Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; ( Romans 2:15 )

And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
( John 8:9 )

General and specific will of God -

God has a "general" will and a "specific" will for our lives. The general will of God is for everyone. The specific will of God is His personal plan for your life. before God will reveal His specific will for your life, you must know and walk in His general will.

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. ( Psalm 37:23 )

four examples of the general will of God -

Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass. ( Psalm 3-5,7 )

if we leap ahead and try to find the specific will of God before we have submitted ourselves to do the general will of the Lord, God will point us right back to the general will. We must submit to the general will so we don't hinder God in bringing His specific will to pass for us.

it was only after Saul followed the general will of God, that God's specific will was revealed when the Holy Spirit said,

As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them. ( Acts 13:2 )

When God's will brings adversity -

Some believe that you are in God's will when everything is going right and that you are not in God's will when there are problems. This is not always true.A good example is found in the old testament in the life of a man named Job ( Read Job, chapters 1 and 2 ) He was wealthy,had a beautiful family, and loved God with all his heart.Yet God allowed him to lose his wealth, his children and his health.Job's three friends accused him of doing something wrong because of the severe problems that he had.
Yet Job was in the will of God the entire time.However, Job continued to love and worship God in the midst of his suffering.

God allows us to go through problems to help us be better equipped for our Christian walk.

Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. ( James 1:3 )

there are many times that God will allow us to experience problems in order to remove a condition in our lives. in this way we are purified by affliction.

Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.
( Isaiah 48:10 )

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
( 1 Peter 1:7 )

Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. ( 1 Peter 4:12-13 )

Living in the will of God is not just trusting Him for the major events of our lives; it is living a life committed to His will everyday. we all have a special place in God's body.The Lord lovingly speaks to us and says

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
( Jeremiah 29:11-13 )

Seek out God's will for your life through His Word and prayer.

Remember, The Lord came to give us life and that more abundantly.

R

Ramon

AMEN AMEN AMEN!! May Jesus bless you.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Good words.
Thankyou for posting. :)

God bless
pickles

May 21, 2009
And if your not sure what Gods will is yet go do nice things for people.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Thank you, Timothy! Talk about edifying the Body of Christ, may you always be so clear in your imparting of the Word, in Jesus Christ's name, amen.