Going from the Dark into the Light

  • Thread starter Thread starter J-Kay-2
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

J-Kay-2

Guest
How did I get from the dark into the Light? I have shared my story
of fascination with 'tales from the dark side.' I always will believe it
was inherited, since I was a child who at age of 7 or 8, I read comic
books about the 'dead being buried alive, etc.' I would be waken in
the night with terror. Run to my Mothers room and cry, "Mommy I am
scared." I did not tell her I had read a comic book. She probably never
gave it a thought because 'back in the day' parents were so busy raising
families, they really did not think of checking our activities.
I was always sensitive to the presence of 'ghostly objects.' Fear.
Fascinating. I remained a believer in ghosts from the young age into
adulthood. I was also a believer in the Lord God. But, did not know
how to get to know Him. It was by my Dad taking me to Church and
my sensitivity to the Spirit side of life, that helped me keep believing
in Him. They say oil and water don't mix. But, by Gods Grace I was
led to reading a little Bible we had in our home. That probably helped
me. I recall seeing on a large rock, jutting out of the hillside, along the
highway... Thou shalt be born again.... I am thinking, ? How does one
go back into the womb and get born again ? Little did I know, that
was scripture too.
To speed up this testimony I will tell you again I learned to read cards.
By this time I was married and had couple of children. I read them one
day and it showed there would be a death. I was terrified. Put it back
of my mind. Couple years later, my brother at age 18, died from a car
accident. His new bride he met here in the States near where we lived,
had just gone to be with him in month of September. By last of Oct. she
was a widow. A newly impregnated widow. She comes home with his
body, and 8 months later gives birth to a son. I am telling you this so
you can see where the communication through ouija board started.
I do not recall why I bought the ouija board. I do know I had my sis
in - law, ( my brothers wife ) work it with me and it answered question
I asked it about him. One night I remember waking up and seeing
an Army cap floating in the air in my bedroom. I quit reading cards.

I became a Christian and my previous blog tells how I was by this time
led deeper into the fascination of psychics, communion with dead,
reading occultic books. How did darkness and Light stay together?
It was a slow process. I had by this time involved my 12 year old
daughter in the ouija board. She had a sensitivity to spirit world too.
She was a product of my seed or sin. I was interested in horoscope,
and had done a Black Felt Artistic Horoscope outlined in Gold. Hung
it on her wall. When God did get through to me and showed me I
was sinning against Him, I had to tell my daughter. We sat on her
bed and as I told her what God had shown me, and said to her, as
I pointed to the Artistic Horoscope, "that has to go, because it goes
against God." Just at that moment the thing became alive and
projected out from the wall toward us and moved back on to the
hanging place it had been on. She and I looked at one another,
and I asked, "did you see that ?" and yes she did. I knew then,
man we are really in deep. I got up and took it off the wall and it
went out to be burned with all my books, etc.
But, it was not over with yet. Sad to say.

My daughter was involved in her teen youth group and she was
at a retreat, and they had seance. She said it worked when they
called up a dead spirit. Scared them all. Unfortunately she never
got delivered. She went on into bondage to alcohol and that is
a story in itself. I have never forgiven myself for bringing her into
my world of sin.

I was delivered by being very active in Bible Studies and Church.
I read all the books on being delivered, and satan was certainly
not wanting to let me go easily. I am just glad I was able to learn
calling upon the name of Jesus when I was tormented, demons
do have to flee. I have so many stories I could tell. But I must
say, only through Christ could I be free. Did it stop my fascination,
indeed it did. I do not want to be involved and I want to warn others.
I want them to know through Christ we can be free. Will we still
be harassed ? Yes, more than likely. I know I have been. It has
been discussed on here and I know I am not alone. But we know
truly Light ( Christ Jesus ) over rides the enemy ( Satan.)

I will tell you one more thing that shows if we keep a door open
even a crack the demons will torment. My daughter in her 40's
then had been married and had two wonderful children. Divorced
due to alcohol. I will not tell all here, but I will tell you she lost
everything. She would live in different apartments, and call me
and tell me, Mom, this place has spirits, can you come and pray
over it? No, I could not, as I was ill and unable to fight demonic
warfare. Okay, fast forward to having to move in with someone
and she had a heart of Gold... she gave her last cup of coffee to a
homeless person. She had a loving and giving heart. She said this
homeless person brought in some boxes and stored there. But he
had to leave. Asked, may I leave them, and she said yes. He said,
"There is a box upstairs, and whatever you do, don't get into it."
Asked why, and he responded there is a skiering mirror in it and
whatever you do, don't take it out. The folklore had it that if you
looked into the mirror in the moonlight you would see the next
person who would die. She told me one day, she brought it down
and put it on the table and took it out of a black velvet wrap, but
did not look at it. Hmmm. not sure about that. Later, within
the year, she was staying the night with some friends and said she
was on the sofa trying to sleep, when she kept hearing a pounding
sound. Frightened she left the living room and went up to bedroom.
She said she had been told the house was haunted. Poor thing she
said she was praying with all she had in her because she heard
chains coming into her room, and she hid under the covers. Just
a few months later, she was gone. She died at age 45, and died
of hypothermia. I won't go into the details of seeing her body at
funeral home. But I can tell you this Mother never has forgiven
herself for causing my daughter to pass through the fire. God
speaks of it in OT.
It was one and half year later her 22 year old son died of alcohol
and pain med. He too was fascinated with The occult. Please,
believe me when I tell you... If you are involved... stop... it is evil,
it is a sin and it takes true repentance to be set free. You have
to turn away from all forms of it. Movies, TV programs , etc.
Stay in Gods Word. Let Him renew your mind. If you can't be free,
get to a Church who will understand this subject and talk with a
Pastor. There are also websites, you can type in Google search
and find prayers to pray to get set free. Also scriptures as well.
If you have any questions please feel free to write me in comment
section or private message. I could tell more but I want more than
anything to see you know Jesus Christ as your Savior and let Him
guide you all the days of your life. ~ God bless all ~ Praise His name.
 
the gift God has given you of self-forgiveness is an extremely important one-
and to know you are forgiven by Him.
it helps others who have made mistakes.
thank you for reaching out to me today, and i commend you on your honesty and love for the Father. we never know what miracles can occur on the other side,
it was good you tried to get her back on the right path. it sounds like you did what you could, once you knew the difference from right and wrong.
i've made some awful mistakes myself. i mean terrible... also in naivete.
it seems like you and StandStrong and i have learned some very difficult lessons.
so sorry for your loss. i'm hoping the love of God and getting right with Him you instilled in her had a strong effect at the right time, so that she could turn to Him as well.
we never know, until we get to talk to Him face to face.
i know He is merciful beyond measure, and forgives us thoroughly if we so desire.
i believe He gives everyone a chance to choose him outside of other's influence on our lives, so that He would have the last say... not leave it up to humanity on their own to be fully responsible for whether a soul choose Him or not.


that's just something i feel He would do,
make sure she had the chance to choose outside other's influences.
( especially after you repented and turned around, and were very clear with her. you can forgive yourself- we didn't know any better at the time. )