Good 90's songs.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
I made the mistake of posting a humorous village people song about the navy yesterday and now it pops up in my brain before bedtime...
Gotta get rid of the village people....NOW! 😆
Here's one that randomly came by goober that I used to have on CD. It's kind of funny without going outright to be funny like a bluegrass tune. I better not even go there. Bluegrass sticks around like honey coated molasis.

I don't know what genre this would be, but it's an Icelandic artist, Bjork.

CarriePie

Jan 7, 2024
Oklahoma
I remember seeing that Björk on MTV when I was a teenager. It seems so long ago, yet not so long ago!

In the 90s, Creed was a band I was into. I went to see them in concert. Back then, I only paid $10. I was near Scott Stapp singing on stage, the mosh pit, some guy sloshing beer on me, and the big, loud speakers. I head banged for hours (starting with the opening bands) and since I was near the speakers, when I woke the next day I couldn't hear. I seriously worried that I had lost my hearing. I am thankful to the Lord that by the time I went back to class Monday morning, my hearing was back to normal. The 90s were fun! lol

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I remember seeing that Björk on MTV when I was a teenager. It seems so long ago, yet not so long ago!

In the 90s, Creed was a band I was into. I went to see them in concert. Back then, I only paid $10. I was near Scott Stapp singing on stage, the mosh pit, some guy sloshing beer on me, and the big, loud speakers. I head banged for hours (starting with the opening bands) and since I was near the speakers, when I woke the next day I couldn't hear. I seriously worried that I had lost my hearing. I am thankful to the Lord that by the time I went back to class Monday morning, my hearing was back to normal. The 90s were fun! lol

A pit at a Creed show? That's hard to imagine.
Did you know the band members went on to make a new band, minus Scott Stapp? Alter Bridge.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022

I'm glad you got your hearing back.
I remember going to loud concerts with adult friends who should have kept us away from the speakers and had ear plugs. It was fun seeing band members play live, but I honestly enjoyed the music at a clear and reasonable volume at home. I don't know why rock concerts are so overdriven to distortion that I could never even enjoy the music. The church I used to attend copied the world that way too. I'd have to use ear plugs and go in shortly before the sermon because it hurt my ears. They damaged them badly and I still suffer tinnitus 24/7 for the rest of my life unless there's a miracle.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022

They must've wanted as many to attend as wanted to at only $10.
One if my students introduced me to Bjorks music. I never met her, but
She was one of the popular selections for work out drills in my MA class and demos.

The last blues/ rock concert I attended was right before Johnny Winter died. It was one of his last concerts.

Some of my favorites to listen live to were the small pan flute bands touring the festivals from central America and bluegrass acoustic.

We had amazing talents show up from as far away as Europe at our traditional and bluegrass music festival.

As for big rock and eclectic,
Pink Floyd's David Gilmore was the top guitarist I had the honor of seeing in Pittsburgh.

CarriePie

Jan 7, 2024
Oklahoma
I'm glad you got your hearing back.
I remember going to loud concerts with adult friends who should have kept us away from the speakers and had ear plugs. It was fun seeing band members play live, but I honestly enjoyed the music at a clear and reasonable volume at home. I don't know why rock concerts are so overdriven to distortion that I could never even enjoy the music. The church I used to attend copied the world that way too. I'd have to use ear plugs and go in shortly before the sermon because it hurt my ears. They damaged them badly and I still suffer tinnitus 24/7 for the rest of my life unless there's a miracle.
I try to always be thankful for functioning body/working senses. I don't want to forget what a blessing they are. The concert was a Friday night. I could hear right after the concert, but not the next day. I started to think about possible life ahead in that condition. Sunday I woke with some hearing came back and by Monday morning, my hearing was normal. I so thankful for the Lord's patience and help during those times when I've done something foolish, like putting myself too near to loud concert speakers.

I'm sorry you have tinnitus! My dad has tinnitus (he was in the military). He has told me that sometimes it's a lot worse than other times. I can only imagine what it's like!

CarriePie

Jan 7, 2024
Oklahoma
They must've wanted as many to attend as wanted to at only $10.
One if my students introduced me to Bjorks music. I never met her, but
She was one of the popular selections for work out drills in my MA class and demos.

The last blues/ rock concert I attended was right before Johnny Winter died. It was one of his last concerts.

Some of my favorites to listen live to were the small pan flute bands touring the festivals from central America and bluegrass acoustic.

We had amazing talents show up from as far away as Europe at our traditional and bluegrass music festival.

As for big rock and eclectic,
Pink Floyd's David Gilmore was the top guitarist I had the honor of seeing in Pittsburgh.
It was cheap because it was during the part of the 90s when Creed was still in their beginnings. Fast forward to current times, two of my friends just went to see Scott Stapp about 2 weeks ago. Their tickets cost more, they were considerably further from the stage, and there wasn't a mosh pit.

Wow, David Gilmore! That's smashing...and more impressive than Scott Stapp! I used to stick with just alternative rock and grunge with some other rock thrown in, but as I've gotten older I listen to whatever I'm musically in the mood for at the moment.

A bluegrass festival sounds great. One of the best concerts I've been to was a bluegrass concert.

I just remembered that the Creed concert I went to was opened by The Tea Party (a Canandian band) who I also liked at the time, plus 2 local bands played before them. I got a lot out of the 10 bucks...but back then it seemed like a lot lol

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
It was cheap because it was during the part of the 90s when Creed was still in their beginnings. Fast forward to current times, two of my friends just went to see Scott Stapp about 2 weeks ago. Their tickets cost more, they were considerably further from the stage, and there wasn't a mosh pit.

Wow, David Gilmore! That's smashing...and more impressive than Scott Stapp! I used to stick with just alternative rock and grunge with some other rock thrown in, but as I've gotten older I listen to whatever I'm musically in the mood for at the moment.

A bluegrass festival sounds great. One of the best concerts I've been to was a bluegrass concert.

I just remembered that the Creed concert I went to was opened by The Tea Party (a Canandian band) who I also liked at the time, plus 2 local bands played before them. I got a lot out of the 10 bucks...but back then it seemed like a lot lol
I was curious about The Tea Party so I took a minute to check them out on YouTube. The lead singer has a good voice and was very unique playing his guitar with a violin bow.
I'll check out the others when I get another break. Have a great day!

CarriePie

Jan 7, 2024
Oklahoma
I was curious about The Tea Party so I took a minute to check them out on YouTube. The lead singer has a good voice and was very unique playing his guitar with a violin bow.
I'll check out the others when I get another break. Have a great day!
It's funny that I had just remembered The Tea Party when I was making that post. And I remember that I actually went more for them than Creed.
Have a great rest of the day!

Jan 19, 2024
Louisiana
It's funny that I had just remembered The Tea Party when I was making that post. And I remember that I actually went more for them than Creed.
Have a great rest of the day!
Did you know Creed reunited and put out a fourth album? I would say it's the best one, but none of the songs have a lot of hit potential like some did on the first 3 albums.

Did you know Creed is back together now and going on tour?