Good Christian book to read?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JesusMyOnly

Senior Member
Jun 30, 2014
880
15
0
Yes, the bible we already know this. XD


What are some good Christian books to read? I've been told about Pilgrim's Progress. Are there any Christian books maybe for learning material or just a Christian themed book for entertainment that you could recommend to me? Thanks.
 
City of God: Transgression by R.S. Ingermanson, thoroughly enjoyed that book. If your into Sci-Fi time travel suspence that is :)
 
I can recommend great Christian books -fiction and non. What are your tastes?
 
I can recommend great Christian books -fiction and non. What are your tastes?
I'm not the biggest reader. And its hard for me to explain the type of books I tend to like. I tend to stick to "darker" books. More mellow books with tragedies that have its happier moments. I can't stand anything mainstream (no Harry Potter, Twilight, etc. etc.) but when it comes to Christian books I'm willing to try anything.
 
Not the biggest reader? Okay, this could be difficult. Have you read The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis? How about The Circle Quartet or Thr3e by Ted Dekker? How about The Visitation or The Oath by Frank Peretti? There are many others but those are a good start.
 
Frank Peretti - this present darkness (series)

Also a nice little resding book - The Prayer God Answers (can get as a free ebook online)
 
" Good morning, Holy Spirit" by Benny Hinn..

"My dream of heaven" by rebecca rutter springer.......

" Angels and Demons" by Benny Hinn...

"Son, build me an Army" by Morris Cerullo...

Actually i've got a lot but i recommend these books first. ok God bless.
 
Sacred Search by Gary Thomas! I've recommended this one on several different threads here. He describes the Why you marry being much more important than the who you marry. Also gives great life advice
 
Living on the ragged edge

it is very drawn out (many pages to say the same thing over and over again), and I gave up on it, but I do think that everyone should read at least parts of it.

It basically tells you "stop striving for everything the world tells you to strive for, and start focusing on God"
 
I'm not the biggest reader. And its hard for me to explain the type of books I tend to like. I tend to stick to "darker" books.
You might like Pilgrim's Progress after all, then. I recommend 'The Screwtape Letters' by C.S. Lewis.
 
Not the biggest reader? Okay, this could be difficult. Have you read The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis? How about The Circle Quartet or Thr3e by Ted Dekker? How about The Visitation or The Oath by Frank Peretti? There are many others but those are a good start.

Then there is the whole Tolkien "Hobbit" series.
 
A couple mentioned I wouldn't recommend but the C. S. Lewis "Narnia" and Tolkien "Hobbit" if you haven't read you might like.

If you have seen the movies based on these series....yeah the movies are good but the books are much better (I think).
 
A couple mentioned I wouldn't recommend but the C. S. Lewis "Narnia" and Tolkien "Hobbit" if you haven't read you might like.

If you have seen the movies based on these series....yeah the movies are good but the books are much better (I think).

The Hobbit is one book, rather (split into three movies).

I find the last two Narnia movies to have been not so great ─ more so the most recent (Caspian, I think). The books are lovely, though. Easy reads with a Christian undertone. :)
 
The Hobbit is one book, rather (split into three movies).

I find the last two Narnia movies to have been not so great ─ more so the most recent (Caspian, I think). The books are lovely, though. Easy reads with a Christian undertone. :)

Yeah I was referring to the Lord of the Rings trilogy also. And also I don't think any of the "Narnia" movies did the books justice.
 
I don't know if this is your style, but it is one of the best Christian books I have read on evangelism, and it also won top book of 2014 in the Apologetics category. It is informative, but easy to read, and inspiring!

The Unbelieveable Gospel: Say Something Worth Believing by Jonathan K. Dodson.
 
I am a doctrine kind of guy...its not always interesting to folks who don't feel a call to study doctrine...But C.S. Lewis is a well known Christian author who kind of mixes faith in with interesting stories and novels.
 
I don't know if this is your style, but it is one of the best Christian books I have read on evangelism, and it also won top book of 2014 in the Apologetics category. It is informative, but easy to read, and inspiring!

The Unbelieveable Gospel: Say Something Worth Believing by Jonathan K. Dodson.

Then there is the "classic" "Knowing God" by J. I. Packer. Yeah I have mentioned this book on many forums but it is so good. Then you have "Know what you believe" and "Know why you believe" both by Paul E. Little.
 
I am a doctrine kind of guy...its not always interesting to folks who don't feel a call to study doctrine...But C.S. Lewis is a well known Christian author who kind of mixes faith in with interesting stories and novels.

For sure C. S. Lewis wrote many good books.