Good Friday Reflections

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Good morning from Grand Rapids, Mi.!

Good Friday for me is both a day of mourning and a day for rejoicing.

I'm usually in a somber mood thinking about what Jesus went through for us, but I'm also so thankful for the redemption we have as a result.

Have a great Easter weekend brethren!

SF

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
I feel the same way...
I am a Mother , a grandmother and a great grandmother...I stop as a Mother and wonder how Mary , the Mother of Jesus felt , from carrying Him in her womb , to watching the horrific death of her Son , I can only imagine ...Oh but the Joy she must of felt when she saw her Son raised from the dead \0/...All the glory to God I say Amen...

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Jesus' mom is a bit of a mystery. She isn't named among the women who
went out to the cemetery on the third day. My guess is; she wasn't
expecting him back, which is no surprise because apparently the apostles
weren't expecting him back either.
_

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
Some Christians see This Friday in different lights some say it is ----Good Friday ----some call it Holy Friday --Some call it Great and Holy Friday and Some call it Black Friday -------

For Christians it is a time of reflection ----giving Himself Freely over to be brutally beaten and flogged to beyond recognition out of His Agape for His Creation -----so they may escape what they rightly deserve ----for all who Believe and Trust in Him and His word -------

For Christians it is seen as a celebration ----and a Time of Change for the Future for all of God's Creation ------The Blood Shed brings Forgiveness of past --present and future sins for all who want to Believe in and trust in Him and His word ------

For Christians it is seen as a celebration for bringing an end to the Curse of the law and bringing back the Blessings for all who want to believe in and trust in Him and His word -------

For Christians it is seen as a celebration for bringing Healing to dry bones -------for all those who Believe in and Trust in Him and His word ----

The beating alone Jesus endured no man could have survived ---

For Christians it is seen as a celebration for knowing that no matter what the Physical Body is subjected to in this World ----the Spiritual body will remain in perfect condition for eternity ------

For Christians it is seen as a celebration for with His Death He defeats the Adversary -----Satan and His tribe have no longer ant power over anyone who Believes in and Trusts in Him and His word -------

There is so much for the True Followers of Jesus Christ to celebrate on this the Day that Jesus was Crucified ------

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
For Christians it is a time of reflection ----giving Himself Freely over to be brutally beaten and flogged to beyond recognition out of His Agape for His Creation -----so they may escape what they rightly deserve ----for all who Believe and Trust in Him and His word -------
MATTHEW 27: THE AWFUL AND AWESOME SUFFERINGS OF THE SAVIOR
33 And when they were come unto a place called Golgotha, that is to say, a place of a skull,
34 They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink.
35 And they crucified him, and parted his garments, casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my vesture did they cast lots.
36 And sitting down they watched him there;
37 And set up over his head his accusation written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS.
38 Then were there two thieves crucified with him, one on the right hand, and another on the left.
39 And they that passed by reviled him, wagging their heads,
40 And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross.
41 Likewise also the chief priests mocking him, with the scribes and elders, said,
42 He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.
43 He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.
44 The thieves also, which were crucified with him, cast the same in his teeth.
45 Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour.
46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
47 Some of them that stood there, when they heard that, said, This man calleth for Elias.
48 And straightway one of them ran, and took a spunge, and filled it with vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink.
49 The rest said, Let be, let us see whether Elias will come to save him.
50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

John146

Jan 13, 2016

I'm usually in a somber mood thinking about what Jesus went through for us, but I'm also so thankful for the redemption we have as a result.

SF
Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Some Christians see This Friday in different lights some say it is ----Good Friday ----some call it Holy Friday --Some call it Great and Holy Friday and Some call it Black Friday -------

For Christians it is seen as a celebration ----and a Time of Change for the Future for all of God's Creation ------The Blood Shed brings Forgiveness of past --present and future sins for all who want to Believe in and trust in Him and His word ------

For Christians it is seen as a celebration for bringing an end to the Curse of the law and bringing back the Blessings for all who want to believe in and trust in Him and His word -------

For Christians it is seen as a celebration for bringing Healing to dry bones -------for all those who Believe in and Trust in Him and His word ----

The beating alone Jesus endured no man could have survived ---

For Christians it is seen as a celebration for knowing that no matter what the Physical Body is subjected to in this World ----the Spiritual body will remain in perfect condition for eternity ------

For Christians it is seen as a celebration for with His Death He defeats the Adversary -----Satan and His tribe have no longer ant power over anyone who Believes in and Trusts in Him and His word -------

There is so much for the True Followers of Jesus Christ to celebrate on this the Day that Jesus was Crucified ------

And let us all remember, it was the cup of wrath of God Almighty that Jesus drank to the dregs in addition to His earthy trial, humiliation, beatings, and sufferings during those six hours on the cross.

Jesus did not simply die an innocent substitute. He did not only die the sinless Lamb of God. He also suffered (and endured!), the Holy and just wrath of God the Father for all of the sins of the entire world since the world began.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

SF
I am joyful. Joyful because His sufferings and alienation from the Father are well and truly OVER. Never, ever to return.
And He has prevailed as our Great Kinsman Redeemer, mighty to save, so that He may bring many sons to glory, thereby gaining EVEN GREATER glory to Himself and His Father.

Jesus is THE ULTIMATE WINNER. The Victor over sin, over death, over judgement over hell. By our faith in His completed work, we share in HIS victory!

Only Jesus and Jesus Alone can turn a loser (a lost Adam and lost world) into that kind of a winner.

Rom 8:37
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
The Suffering Servant------Isaiah's prophecy

Isaiah 53

Amplified Bible

The Suffering Servant
53 Who has believed [confidently trusted in, relied on, and adhered to] our message [of salvation]?
And to whom [if not us] has the arm and infinite power of the Lord been revealed?
For He [the Servant of God] grew up before Him like a tender shoot (plant),
And like a root out of dry ground;
He has no stately form or majestic splendor
That we would look at Him,
Nor [handsome] appearance that we would [a]be attracted to Him.
He was despised and rejected by men,
A Man of sorrows and pain and acquainted with grief;
And like One from whom men hide their faces
He was despised, and we did not appreciate His worth or esteem Him.
But [in fact] He has borne our griefs,
And He has carried our sorrows and pains;
Yet we [ignorantly] assumed that He was stricken,
Struck down by God and degraded and humiliated [by Him].
But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was crushed for our wickedness [our sin, our injustice, our wrongdoing];
The punishment [required] for our well-being fell on Him,
And by His stripes (wounds) we are healed

Eli1

Apr 5, 2022
Happy Easter to all the Catholics and Protestants out there.
Glory be to Jesus Christ for giving us Hope and for establishing a new covenant with us.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's
belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of
the earth.
When you think about it, Christ's remains weren't interred in the heart of the
earth. In point of fact his remains weren't even buried in the earth's soil.
They were laid to rest on the surface of the earth in a rock-hewn tomb. So
the only way Jesus could be on the surface of earth while simultaneously
down below in its heart is for the man and his crucified dead body to part
company and go their separate ways.

At some point in his nautical adventure, Jonah went to a place called sheol
(Jonah 2:2) a place he located at the bottoms of the mountains (Jonah 2:6).
Well the bottoms of the mountains aren't situated in the tummy of a fish,
nor are they situated under the sea, rather, they're situated deep
underground. So the only way that Jonah could be in a fish while at the
bottoms of the mountains simultaneously is for the man and his body to part

* Most everybody is agreed that Jesus was deceased during his three days
and nights, but not everyone is agreed Jonah was deceased; although Jonah
2:6 strongly suggests that he was in danger of putrefaction.
_

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Jesus did not simply die an innocent substitute. He did not only die the sinless Lamb of God. He also suffered (and endured!), the Holy and just wrath of God the Father for all of the sins of the entire world since the world began.
And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends. Awake, O sword, against my Shepherd, and against the Man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the Shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones. (Zech 13:6,7)

John146

Jan 13, 2016

When you think about it, Christ's remains weren't interred in the heart of the
earth. In point of fact his remains weren't even buried in the earth's soil.
They were laid to rest on the surface of the earth in a rock-hewn tomb. So
the only way Jesus could be on the surface of earth while simultaneously
down below in its heart is for the man and his crucified dead body to part

At some point in his nautical adventure, Jonah went to a place called sheol
(Jonah 2:2) a place he located at the bottoms of the mountains (Jonah 2:6).
Well the bottoms of the mountains aren't situated in the tummy of a fish,
nor are they situated under the sea, rather, they're situated deep
underground. So the only way that Jonah could be in a fish while at the
bottoms of the mountains simultaneously is for the man and his body to part

* Most everybody is agreed that Jesus was deceased during his three days
and nights, but not everyone is agreed Jonah was deceased; although Jonah
2:6 strongly suggests that he was in danger of putrefaction.
_
Totally agree with you brother...as Jonah, so shall the Son of man be. If Jesus died, so did Jonah. His soul was very much alive and very much busy during those three days and three nights. He did not ascend to the Father until after his resurrection.

I call it "good" Wednesday, for I believe the Lord died on a Wednesday, the day before the annual Sabbath. I do not follow the RCC tradition of good Friday.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
2 days to go untill the day of all days, that glorious victory, amen.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
And He has prevailed as our Great Kinsman Redeemer, mighty to save, so that He may bring many sons to glory, thereby gaining EVEN GREATER glory to Himself and His Father.
Jhn 12:28
Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Jesus' mom is a bit of a mystery. She isn't named among the women who
went out to the cemetery on the third day. My guess is; she wasn't
expecting him back, which is no surprise because apparently the apostles
weren't expecting him back either.
_
Jesus told His disciples on more than one occasion what was going to happen with His death and resurrection, but they just couldn't grasp it. All of their hopes were crushed when He died and was laid in the sepulcher. Sorrow and fear were certainly a couple of dominate emotions until He reappeared after the resurrection.

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I feel the same way...
I am a Mother , a grandmother and a great grandmother...I stop as a Mother and wonder how Mary , the Mother of Jesus felt , from carrying Him in her womb , to watching the horrific death of her Son , I can only imagine ...Oh but the Joy she must of felt when she saw her Son raised from the dead \0/...All the glory to God I say Amen...
Thank you for sharing this beautiful posting. I'm sorry to say I never really thought about how Mary felt about the death of her beloved son until your reflections, and that thought carried over into the Good Friday services I attended tonight.

The grief had to be beyond comprehension. To conceive her son immaculately, see him grow into an incredible person, and then experience His ministry all come to an abrupt and gruesome death had to be heart-wrenching.

One observation that came out in the service Lisa and I attended tonight was how Mary saw her son in swaddling cloths in the stable and then saw him in scant threads when He died, only something Mary could describe.

My grandma lost her son when I was seventeen. Her grief was profound, and I experienced that on a personal level.

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;
Awesome--the entry way veil into the Holy of Holies was "rent in twain" at Jesus' death.

Through Him, we have access to the Father and throne room of the Awesome God who sits on the Mercy Seat.

Prior to Jesus' death, only the High Priest could enter the Holy of Holies of the temple, and that was on the Day of Atonement.

The crucifixion and resurrection are by far the most remarkable event in human history. The next great event will be His Triumphant return!

Thank you Jesus for making access to the Holy of Holies available to us at any time now!!!

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Matt 12:40 . . . For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's
belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of
the earth.

According to Luke 24:21-23 the third day was in progress when the women
went out to the cemetery. And according to Matt 28:1, Mark 16:9, Luke
24:1, John 20:1, and John 20:19; that day was the first day of the Jews'
week; which according to modern calendars was Sunday.

So; if we count backwards: the third day was Sunday, the second day was
Saturday, and the first day was Friday. Then the third night would be
Saturday night, the second night would be Friday night, and the first night
would be Thursday night.

* Jesus and his men ate their Passover dinner the night of his arrest.

Matt 26:17-20
Mark 14:12-17
Luke 22:7-15)

The Jews ate their Passover after he was dead and buried.

John 13:1-2
John 18:28-29
John 19:13-14
John 19:31)

If so, then the Jews' dined upon their Passover lambs that year on a
Thursday night which, according to Passover law, was a sabbath night. (Ex
12:16, Lev 23:5-8)

All in all; the Jews observed two consecutive sabbaths during crucifixion
week-- the Passover sabbath, and the routine sabbath.
_