got any dating tips?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

beth18

got any dating tips because i sure need um lol:eek:

F

faithfuljy

Do a background check, credit report, criminal check, DNA testing, employment verification, family history, etc.
You know...just the basics before a first date :) LOL...I'm just kidding! Well kinda, these days ya never know...I probably wouldn't be divorced if I had done those!

On a serious note...the one and only dating tip: Always be yourself, not someone you want to present yourself as the first time you meet someone, but the person you always are. :)

G

GEORGIE

PRAY and dont fall in love before you have God firmly in your hart and you are sure 100% you will not have God in a secondary position remember always he is very jelous but extremely loving

G

GEORGIE

hehe you beat me to it faithfull yeah thats awsome advice i concur lol an hour or two of intensive interviewing se if the person cracks (-:

N

NoTearsShed

I have to agree with Georgie, Pray to God to save you a special someone who you can grow old with =D
& always keep God in the first place :D
DONT pick the person you love over God, Because you can end up really regreting it in the end.

C

ChristopherMichael

On a serious note...the one and only dating tip: Always be yourself, not someone you want to present yourself as the first time you meet someone, but the person you always are. :)
Very true! I have a big problem with this when I meet girls. They say and act one way at first, then change later on. Craziness!

I'm sure guys probably do it too, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a sucky thing to do.

- Topher

T

Tyluvschristianrawk

This is a great suggestion. That and don't rush into things, take it slowly.

I know I have a really bad habit of rushing into things, letting my emotions cloud reality, and not putting my Lord and Savior first in relationships. I know we are just talking about dating, but this is a part of that.

Someone in chat yesterday said something that I thought was really cool: Jesus Christ should be so much of a part of who you are, that any potential partner should have to find Him before getting to you. (or something like that!!)

Hope some of this helps!!

Nov 12, 2009
Don't date until yuo're really sure about who you are or what you want in life.
There's no delete button in life.

Nov 12, 2009
I just had a thought lol I'm cruising around the site, reading some of the stuff people actually post here and it really says a lot about us by what we say here.
Bring the potential suiters here to post on the forums and you'll learn quickly who's worth your precious time ;) LOL
As far as advice for you, be yourself completely because if they don't absolutely LOVE everything about you, it's time to find someone who will appreciate your fine qualities :) All those shiny fish in the sea!!! lol

T

Tyluvschristianrawk

Found that quote, by the way, it was on somebodies signature:
"A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man must be seeking the Lord in order to find it."

B

buckeyegirl700

I would pray about it, and be yourself.

F

faithfuljy

Found that quote, by the way, it was on somebodies signature:

"A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man must be seeking the Lord in order to find it."

Ha! That's my signature quote....I love that quote!

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Uh, do we actually have to be getting dates in order to be able to share tips? :) Or should we be giving advice about how to go about getting a date?

I prefer to bring a big club... however... the dragging part (while they're kicking and screaming) always slows me down.

So perhaps my best dating tip would be... hit the gym, in order to strengthen those muscles! ;)

Just kidding!

F

faithfuljy

Uh, do we actually have to be getting dates in order to be able to share tips? :) Or should we be giving advice about how to go about getting a date?

I prefer to bring a big club... however... the dragging part (while they're kicking and screaming) always slows me down.

So perhaps my best dating tip would be... hit the gym, in order to strengthen those muscles! ;)

Just kidding!

Ohhh, great suggestion.......and while at the gym, I could even eye my next victim...um, opps, I meant "date", lol. Knock out 2 birds with one stone :)

Of course....I am just kidding! :)

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Ohhh, great suggestion.......and while at the gym, I could even eye my next victim...um, opps, I meant "date", lol. Knock out 2 birds with one stone :)

Of course....I am just kidding! :)
Heh heh... I'm not sure if I can offer any dating tips here... but I think I found myself a good potential candidate for a workout buddy/partner in crime, er, I mean, "Date Hunter." :D