'Making an example of him’: Retired US colonel backs firing squad execution at Fort Hood
Treason is the crime of betraying one's country or government, specifically by attempting to overthrow the state, waging war against it, or materially aiding its enemies.
I think it is important to understand what has changed that Hegseth and Trump feel the need to live stream this execution. Reminds me of the two witnesses who will be killed in Jerusalem and how their death is live streamed to the world. I am not likening this man's crime of murder to that of the two witnesses. Instead I am likening the punishment. Jesus was crucified on the cross, the same punishment that was given to the worst offenders. This was a public spectacle designed to strike fear in the enemies of the state. Jesus suffered the same punishment. I am simply pointing out that this punishment will be established as the punishment for the worst offenders and ultimately that will be Christians and the two witnesses.