Grandmothers Prayer

  • Thread starter Thread starter J-Kay-2
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

J-Kay-2

Guest
A GRANDMOTHER'S PRAYER
If I were granted any wish, I'd tell you what
I'd do ~ I'd wish my kids were small again, for
just a month or two. To hear their squeals of
laughter, to watch them while at play, and when
they asked me to join in, I'd not say, "not today."
To hug again their chubby frames, to kiss away
their tears, and cherish childhood innocence that's
washed away with years. Then when it's story time
again, I'd stay a little longer, to answer questions,
sing the songs, so memories would be stronger.
But time is callous, wishes myths, yet God in His
great wisdom, has given me another chance before
I join His kingdom. The face may not be quite same,
the name is changed, 'tis true, and yet the smile that
radiates reminds me so of you. ~
{author unknown }
​
 
i wish i could go back to my childhood and be in mother's lap..
but i have no worries,i am going back to God who loves me more,even to death He was Faithful to redeem me.Now somehow i must finish this race and be with Him forever. :)
 
I think that maybe if grandparents or the older generation shared things like this more, that young parents (myself included) would realize our young children wont always be this little. That eventually you wont get as many cuddle hugs or hear that sweet little voice asking for a pb&j or a night time story. Lately i have been out of the loop with my soon to be 5 yr old and i realize she wont be like this forever eventually she will move away and have her own kids. Parents really need to enjoy the time they have with their children. yes they can be very frustrating but they need the attention. I rue the day when my daughter no longer wants to cuddle at nap time or ends up in my bed because she misses me or even pats my arm a million times annoying me to death just to say Hi, i love you and give me a cheesy grin then to run out of the room. Parents don't realize how lucky they are that God trusted us with His "little people" that love unconditionally until they are taught differently.