Graphene light bulb set for shops

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 27, 2013
Graphene light bulb set for shops - BBC News
A light bulb made with graphene - said by its UK developers to be the first commercially viable consumer product using the super-strong carbon - is to go on sale later this year.

It is said to cut energy use by 10% and last longer owing to its conductivity.

A micro-thin layer of graphene is stronger than steel and it has been dubbed a "wonder material" because of its potential uses.

More than 35 companies worldwide have already partnered with the university to develop projects.
The race is now on to develop other practical and commercial uses, including lighter but more robust car and aircraft frames and false teeth. The material has already been incorporated into products including tennis rackets and skis.

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
I bet they cost 1000$ a bulb?

.....but hey,.....you "save money" in the long run,.....right?!!! :D

Jan 27, 2013
I bet they cost 1000$ a bulb?

.....but hey,.....you "save money" in the long run,.....right?!!! :D
sometime, you have to wonder, with some quotes, did they ever read the report. lol

It is expected to be priced lower than some LED bulbs, which can cost about £15 each.

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
sometime, you have to wonder, with some quotes, did they ever read the report. lol

It is expected to be priced lower than some LED bulbs, which can cost about £15 each.
I read it. I saw the price.
Bulbs like that, usually cost much more.
Some will come already broken.....or if you drop one or two?

In the long run....are they really worth it, you know?

My post was for and with comedic purposes.
My bad.:(

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Graphene light bulb set for shops - BBC News
A light bulb made with graphene - said by its UK developers to be the first commercially viable consumer product using the super-strong carbon - is to go on sale later this year.

It is said to cut energy use by 10% and last longer owing to its conductivity.

A micro-thin layer of graphene is stronger than steel and it has been dubbed a "wonder material" because of its potential uses.

More than 35 companies worldwide have already partnered with the university to develop projects.
The race is now on to develop other practical and commercial uses, including lighter but more robust car and aircraft frames and false teeth. The material has already been incorporated into products including tennis rackets and skis.
Hmm, so I'm thinking...........can they use this to protect the Southern Border of the US?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
More overkill on the light bulb. Apparently the light bulb has been re-invented (again). Light bubs used to cost 50 cents and soon they will cost $50. Another government mandate is probably in the works.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Hmm, so I'm thinking...........can they use this to protect the Southern Border of the US?
No, but they will be able to see more clearly on what is happening. They will feel warm and fuzzy inside and call it good.

Jan 27, 2013
that would all depend, if someone tried to cross the border, at night time. lol

who knows, could be the in a set of cutlery or new space ship, using this material. your guess is as good as mine.

Jan 27, 2013
I read it. I saw the price.
Bulbs like that, usually cost much more.
Some will come already broken.....or if you drop one or two?

In the long run....are they really worth it, you know?

good thing ,the scots have a sense of humor , what is a light bulb, by the way, we still use candles here. lol

My post was for and with comedic purposes.
My bad.:(
good thing ,the scots have a sense of humor , what is a light bulb, by the way, we still use candles here. lol

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
that would all depend, if someone tried to cross the border, at night time. lol

who knows, could be the in a set of cutlery or new space ship, using this material. your guess is as good as mine.
I was actually thinking of thickening it to something a fence could be built out of