Greater than or equal to?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Who is right?

  • Yahshua (Jesus) ("for the Father is greater than I")

    Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Paul (Jesus, equal with God")

    Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other (Please explain)

    Votes: 7 46.7%

  • Total voters
    15
John 1 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word WAS God.

John 1:14 And the Word BECAME FLESH AND LIVED AMONG US.


Nothing clearer than that - and you don't have to understand it. But it is the truth. Jesus was God in the flesh. You need to understand the trinity. One God yet comprised of 3 different functions. Father, Son and Holy Ghost. But that's another thread that's been done many times.

There is no discrepancy if you believe in the Trinity. Both the Father and Son (and Spirit) are God. Jesus is equal to God because He is God; but the Father is greater than the Son within the Trinity (God). Alternatively, you would have to believe that Scripture (either by John or Paul) is contradictory - a position I vehemently reject.

This topic is not meant to be about a trinity or Jesus deity.

He is either equal to the Father or He is not. I simply care for truth.

These are the Savior's words;

John (Yahchanan) 14:28, "You have heard that I told you: I go away, but come again to you. If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."
 
I voted 'other' because it's been and will be and was the other.

While He was conceived in flesh, God was His Father and He was subservient [as our example of 'how' to walk as He walked, besides being our sacrifice].

'Jesus' also said, Before Abraham was "I AM".

So before the incarnation - that was just one Name He was called from the O.T. ... along with and equally every other Name given to GOD --- equally, interchangeable Names.

After the millennial reign, Rev 21:1-7 tells us --- HE [GOD] will be the way He was from Genesis to Malachi again but we'll be with Him - Actually He'll be with us and He'll wipe our tears away ... "I AM" will -- Elohim will -- HaShem will - eternally existing together.
 
This topic is not meant to be about a trinity or Jesus deity.

Yet, you are asking a question about the Trinity. Paul did not write "Jesus is equal to the Father" - he said He was equal to God, which does not contradict Jesus's assertion that the Father is greater than the Son. It is a trinitarian issue. If you reject that Jesus is equal to God, then you reject the deity of Christ and/or the Trinity. It seems that you misinterpret "Jesus is equal to God" with "Jesus is equal to the Father." So again, if you believe in the Trinity, then there is no discrepancy between the words of Paul and the words of Jesus.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yet, you are asking a question about the Trinity. Paul did not write "Jesus is equal to the Father" - he said He was equal to God, which does not contradict Jesus's assertion that the Father is greater than the Son. It is a trinitarian issue. If you reject that Jesus is equal to God, then you reject the deity of Christ and/or the Trinity. It seems that you misinterpret "Jesus is equal to God" with "Jesus is equal to the Father." So again, if you believe in the Trinity, then there is no discrepancy between the words of Paul and the words of Jesus.

Philippians 2:6, "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God."

So the word used is:

2316. theos Strong's Concordance
theos: God, a god​
Original Word: θεός, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine; Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: theos
Phonetic Spelling: (theh'-os)
Short Definition: God, a god
Definition: (a) God, (b) a god, generally.

Theos is a very general term but I personally do not know of a place where theos is used for anything but the Father, except in 2 Cor 4:4; so by determing meaning by use, IDK if I agree with that assessment.

2 Corinthians 4:4 Text Analysis
[TABLE="class: maintext"]
[TR]
[TD="class: top, width: 17%"]Strong's[/TD]
[TD="class: top, width: 20%"]Transliteration[/TD]
[TD="class: top, width: 21%"]Greek[/TD]
[TD="class: top, width: 21%"]English[/TD]
[TD="class: top, width: 21%"]Morphology[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: strongsnt"]1722 [e][/TD]
[TD="class: translit"]en[/TD]
[TD="class: greek2"]ἐν[/TD]
[TD="class: eng"]in[/TD]
[TD="class: pos"]Prep[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: strongsnt"]3739 [e][/TD]
[TD="class: translit"]hois[/TD]
[TD="class: greek2"]οἷς[/TD]
[TD="class: eng"]whom[/TD]
[TD="class: pos"]RelPro-DMP[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: strongsnt"]3588 [e][/TD]
[TD="class: translit"]ho[/TD]
[TD="class: greek2"]ὁ[/TD]
[TD="class: eng"]the[/TD]
[TD="class: pos"]Art-NMS[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: strongsnt"]2316 [e][/TD]
[TD="class: translit"]theos[/TD]
[TD="class: greek2"]θεὸς[/TD]
[TD="class: eng"]god[/TD]
[TD="class: pos"]N-NMS[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: strongsnt"]3588 [e][/TD]
[TD="class: translit"]tou[/TD]
[TD="class: greek2"]τοῦ[/TD]
[TD="class: eng"]of the[/TD]
[TD="class: pos"]Art-GMS[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: strongsnt"]165 [e][/TD]
[TD="class: translit"]aiōnos[/TD]
[TD="class: greek2"]αἰῶνος[/TD]
[TD="class: eng"]age[/TD]
[TD="class: pos"]N-GMS[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: strongsnt"]3778 [e][/TD]
[TD="class: translit"]toutou[/TD]
[TD="class: greek2"]τούτου[/TD]
[TD="class: eng"]this,[/TD]
[TD="class: pos"]DPro-GMS[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: strongsnt"]5186 [e][/TD]
[TD="class: translit"]etyphlōsen[/TD]
[TD="class: greek2"]ἐτύφλωσεν[/TD]
[TD="class: eng"]has blinded[/TD]
[TD="class: pos"]V-AIA-3S[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: strongsnt"]3588 [e][/TD]
[TD="class: translit"]ta[/TD]
[TD="class: greek2"]τὰ[/TD]
[TD="class: eng"]the[/TD]
[TD="class: pos"]Art-ANP[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: strongsnt"]3540 [e][/TD]
[TD="class: translit"]noēmata[/TD]
[TD="class: greek2"]νοήματα[/TD]
[TD="class: eng"]minds[/TD]
[TD="class: pos"]N-ANP[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
 
Number three....the Father is the invisible God and was/is greater than Jesus when he emptied himself of the glory he had before he robed himself in flesh for the suffering of death, but is equal as he is the express icon of the invisible Father and speaks the words of the Father.
 
we are all existing inside the Holy Body of God, as He is all in all.
we each of us have to settle in our own spirits/minds our exact relationship
with our Father that He has manifested to our own hearts.

for us, we have made our peace in the knowledge of the Love that
our Father has gifted to us, and we must leave the yet to be
answered questions which struggle within our breasts to be
revealed in His time and place - something we look forward to
with much joy in our anticipation.

the Love we each feel for our Father and Christ is so unique, so personal, so lovely.
this gifting goes beyond our comprehension but we do comprehend by His grace
that it IS within us, that it is real, it is Holy.

DEAUT.29:29.
The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed
belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

we are the inheritance of the Creator of the universe, we have been chosen above all
creatures great and small to be His treasure, His valued and honored possession,
may we all hold fast this glorious hope and mystery and be faithful and true
in our personal walk for The One who has created us.
 
If this is so that would alleviate any discrepancy or error on this matter. (IMO)

To be up front, I have not studied many different manuscripts of Philippians, do you know what manuscripts were used in these translations? Or is, "equal to" simply mistranslation by some translators?

Hi Hizikyah,

It appears to me to be a matter of translation. The word at question is "harpagmos" and only appears once in the NT in this passage. Here are the two definitions in question.

[h=2][FONT=&quot]ἁρπάζω[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]harpázō[/FONT] [to seize] <G726>,
[FONT=&quot]ἁρπαγμός[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]harpagmós[/FONT] [something to be grasped] <G725>
[/h] [h=3][FONT=&quot]harpázō[/FONT].[/h]a. “To steal,” b. “to capture,” c. “to snatch,” d. “to seize,” e. “to take by force,” f. “to catch away” (in visions).
Three possibilities exist in Matt. 11:12: a. that the kingdom is taken away and closed; b. that violent people culpably snatch it; c. that people take it forcibly in a good sense. The first has some support in the wording and context, the third is likely because of the irruption of the kingdom with the Baptist and the need for resoluteness to enter it. The second is intrinsically improbable.
[h=3][FONT=&quot]harpagmós[/FONT].[/h]Used in the NT only in Phil. 2:6, this word means a. “the act of seizing,” b. “what is seized,” and c. “something regarded as gain or utilized.” In Phil. 2:6 sense a. is impossible due to a lack of object, while sense b. is hardly intelligible. We are thus left with c.: “He did not regard equality with God as a gain, either as not to be let slip, or as to be utilized.” Those who favor the former nuance here refer to the temptation of Jesus, but the reference seems to be pretemporal and therefore it is best to translate: “He did not regard it as a gain to be equal with God,” the reference being, not to resistance to temptation, but to a free (if unexpected) act of self-abnegation.

Theological Dictionary of the New Testament: Abridged in One Volume.

All of the Greek texts that I checked use the word harpagmos. It seems if one defines this word as robbery we get the translation that is in the KJV. If it is understood as a thing to be grasped we get the translation that is in the NAS and NET.

My opinion is that the NAS and NET have it correct, because the Greek texts even the Byzantine, (the basis of the Majority text from which the KJV is tranlsated) has harpogmos and not harpazo. Also, the Nas translation alleviates the problem that this thread is addressing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Hizikyah


This thread was/is in no way to support or discredit the Messiah's status as deity. I simply want to expose OR dissolve the "discrepancy", expose OR dissolve which ever one is right.




In ways I agree and in ways I don't; the whole council of Yah, yes. However we KNOW that Paul and Peter made mistakes IN THIER MINISTRY, we also know Yahshua did not make any mistakes. Peter himself says Paul can be/is hard to understand to those not well learned in the ENTIRE WORD (whole counsel) :)


2 peter 3:15-17, "And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability."

What some people do not understand about Paul is he could cite the first 5 books off of memory...

Really think about that for a second....


NUMBER OF TIMES PAUL QUOTES, cites, OR REFERENCES THE OLD TESTAMENT
{Also includes some of the Apostle Paul’s inferences to Scripture}
ROMANS {approximately 105 verses}
I CORINTHIANS {approximately 72+ verses}
II CORINTHIANS {approximately 21 verses}

GALATIANS {approximately 24 verses}
EPHESIANS {approximately 12 verses}
PHILIPPIANS {approximately 13+ verses}
COLOSSIANS {approximately 4 verses}
I THESSALONIANS {approximately 2 verses}
II THESSALONIANS {approximately 2 verses}
I TIMOTHY {approximately 13 verses}
etc

I have heard all kinds of different numbers, I have not counted myself so I take this as an estimate personally.

The Savior says this, "John 12:48, "He who rejects Me, and does not follow My words has One Who judges him. The word that I have spoken, the same will be used to judge him in the last day."

Because of this, if there is a possible discrepancy, or even perceived discrepancy, I personally side with Yahshua, because of the above verse and Deut 18:18-19.




I understand and IMO I think it is wel to be guarded. I do have to say, Judaism is not based on the OT, but it is based on the Talmud. As there is a saying, "they have 2 torahs, the written and the oral, and you can't understand the written without the oral." This is exactly what Yahshua spoke/acted against, in EVERY interaction with the Pharisees.




So that was not my link and I have not read it entirely, been posting, it was just a link K posted as a possibility I believe, I cant speak for anyone else, but I believe it is exploration.



It's nice to her that some realize that Paul quotes OT Scripture a lot. To many don't realize this and try to interpret his words in a vacuum.
 
Yet, you are asking a question about the Trinity. Paul did not write "Jesus is equal to the Father" - he said He was equal to God, which does not contradict Jesus's assertion that the Father is greater than the Son. It is a trinitarian issue. If you reject that Jesus is equal to God, then you reject the deity of Christ and/or the Trinity. It seems that you misinterpret "Jesus is equal to God" with "Jesus is equal to the Father." So again, if you believe in the Trinity, then there is no discrepancy between the words of Paul and the words of Jesus.

If the Father is not God, then what is God?
 
Hi Hizikyah,

It appears to me to be a matter of translation. The word at question is "harpagmos" and only appears once in the NT in this passage. Here are the two definitions in question.

ἁρπάζω harpázō [to seize] <G726>,
ἁρπαγμός harpagmós [something to be grasped] <G725>


harpázō.

a. “To steal,” b. “to capture,” c. “to snatch,” d. “to seize,” e. “to take by force,” f. “to catch away” (in visions).
Three possibilities exist in Matt. 11:12: a. that the kingdom is taken away and closed; b. that violent people culpably snatch it; c. that people take it forcibly in a good sense. The first has some support in the wording and context, the third is likely because of the irruption of the kingdom with the Baptist and the need for resoluteness to enter it. The second is intrinsically improbable.
harpagmós.

Used in the NT only in Phil. 2:6, this word means a. “the act of seizing,” b. “what is seized,” and c. “something regarded as gain or utilized.” In Phil. 2:6 sense a. is impossible due to a lack of object, while sense b. is hardly intelligible. We are thus left with c.: “He did not regard equality with God as a gain, either as not to be let slip, or as to be utilized.” Those who favor the former nuance here refer to the temptation of Jesus, but the reference seems to be pretemporal and therefore it is best to translate: “He did not regard it as a gain to be equal with God,” the reference being, not to resistance to temptation, but to a free (if unexpected) act of self-abnegation.

Theological Dictionary of the New Testament: Abridged in One Volume.

All of the Greek texts that I checked use the word harpagmos. It seems if one defines this word as robbery we get the translation that is in the KJV. If it is understood as a thing to be grasped we get the translation that is in the NAS and NET.

My opinion is that the NAS and NET have it correct, because the Greek texts even the Byzantine, (the basis of the Majority text from which the KJV is tranlsated) has harpogmos and not harpazo. Also, the Nas translation alleviates the problem that this thread is addressing.

SO thank you so much! This is a question I have had for more than 4 years. I had a translation that translated it that way, but was always uncertain. If this is correct it makes perfect sense, I do believe this is correct, because it would be in no contradiction of what Yahshua says and it would fit in practice also, "came to do Fathers will" "only Father knows day and time" Now im not claiming to fully "understand/breakdown" all that is Yah, but this is clarification for me personally. I am going to continue to review this over the next few months Yah willing, because I want to be certain. Thank you so much for the help Mr Butch5 and supreme thanks to Yahweh!
 
SO thank you so much! This is a question I have had for more than 4 years. I had a translation that translated it that way, but was always uncertain. If this is correct it makes perfect sense, I do believe this is correct, because it would be in no contradiction of what Yahshua says and it would fit in practice also, "came to do Fathers will" "only Father knows day and time" Now im not claiming to fully "understand/breakdown" all that is Yah, but this is clarification for me personally. I am going to continue to review this over the next few months Yah willing, because I want to be certain. Thank you so much for the help Mr Butch5 and supreme thanks to Yahweh!

You're quite welcome, I'm glad I could be of help! I did find out something else while researching this. In the passage Paul is exhorting the Philippians to be humble.

KJV Philippians 2:1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: (Phi 2:1-7 KJV)

I think he is contrasting Christ to Adam. Paul says that Jesus was in the form of God, Adam was made in the image of God. The first man Adam thought equality with God was something to be grasped. When the serpent tempted Eve he told said,

KJV Genesis 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. (Gen 3:5 KJV)

She ate and gave to Adam and he ate.

Satan's own fall came because he wanted to ascend above God. Christ on the other being in the form of God and being His Son humbled Himself and did not seek equality with God.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Billyd
You're quite welcome, I'm glad I could be of help! I did find out something else while researching this. In the passage Paul is exhorting the Philippians to be humble.

KJV Philippians 2:1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: (Phi 2:1-7 KJV)

I think he is contrasting Christ to Adam. Paul says that Jesus was in the form of God, Adam was made in the image of God. The first man Adam thought equality with God was something to be grasped. When the serpent tempted Eve he told said,

KJV Genesis 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. (Gen 3:5 KJV)

She ate and gave to Adam and he ate.

Satan's own fall came because he wanted to ascend above God. Christ on the other being in the form of God and being His Son humbled Himself and did not seek equality with God.

I would rep you right now but it wont let me.

Thank you I love you brother.


Psalm 100:1-5, "Make a joyful shout to Yahweh, all you lands. Serve Yahweh with gladness! Come before His presence with singing! Know that Yahweh is our Father! It is He Who made us, and not we ourselves. We are His people, and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His Name! For Yahweh is righteous, His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures throughout all generations!"
 
Satan's own fall came because he wanted to ascend above God. Christ on the other being in the form of God and being His Son humbled Himself and did not seek equality with God.

Last night when I went to bed I was unsure if asking this question was a right idea, because of misunderstanding, but Im glad, thank Yah!
 
I would rep you right now but it wont let me.

Thank you I love you brother.


Psalm 100:1-5, "Make a joyful shout to Yahweh, all you lands. Serve Yahweh with gladness! Come before His presence with singing! Know that Yahweh is our Father! It is He Who made us, and not we ourselves. We are His people, and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His Name! For Yahweh is righteous, His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures throughout all generations!"


You're welcome! I have to thank you too. If you hadn't posted this question I wouldn't have researched this as far as I did. I learned a good bit while researching it, so, I'd like to thank you too!

I had never made the connection to Adam until I started researching this passage, thanks!
 
Last night when I went to bed I was unsure if asking this question was a right idea, because of misunderstanding, but Im glad, thank Yah!

I'm glad you did too! I also thank the Lord for letting me be part of this and letting me see the connection.
 
I'm glad you did too! I also thank the Lord for letting me be part of this and letting me see the connection.

Im nobody.

But from a personal human view I think those who can correct my understanding and correct any error or show me what im missing/seeking(from Scripture) , I owe great thanks, of course it is Yah guiding,and supreme thanks goes to Him, but none the less you are the vessel. The biggest thanks I can give to someone comes from showing/helping me is that correction/explanation. and im nobody but I do read Scripture, so I long for others that can be of this mind also...

thank you and praise Yah!
 
Im nobody.

But from a personal human view I think those who can correct my understanding and correct any error or show me what im missing/seeking(from Scripture) , I owe great thanks, of course it is Yah guiding,and supreme thanks goes to Him, but none the less you are the vessel. The biggest thanks I can give to someone comes from showing/helping me is that correction/explanation. and im nobody but I do read Scripture, so I long for others that can be of this mind also...

thank you and praise Yah!

Thank you too! It's true, iron sharpens iron. You're not nobody, God know us all and to Him we are all somebody. Your question has been a learning experience for both of us, it seems God has used us both.
 
1Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
 
John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son,which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 12:45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.

John 14:7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.
14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?


John 12:41 These things said Esaias (Isaiah), when he saw His glory, and spake of Him.



Isa 6:1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
Isa 6:2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
Isa 6:3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD (יהוה) of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
Isa 6:4 And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
Isa 6:5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD (יהוה) of hosts.


Rev 4:2 And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
Rev 4:3 And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
Rev 4:8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
Rev 4:9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever

And Ezekiel as well -

Eze 1:26 And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.
Eze 1:27 And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about.
Eze 1:28 As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD (יהוה). And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake.
Eze 2:1 And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.
Eze 2:2 And the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me, and set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spake unto me.
Eze 2:3 And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me, even unto this very day.
Eze 2:4 For they are impudent children and stiffhearted. I do send thee unto them; and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD (יהוה).

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Isa 41:4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD (יהוה), the first, and with the last; I am He.

Isa 48:12 Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am He; I am the first, I also am the last.

Rev 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last


Isa 64:8 But now, O LORD (יהוה), Thou art our Father; we are the clay, and Thou our potter; and we all are the work of Thy hand.

Jer 3:4 Wilt thou not from this time cry unto me, My Father, Thou art the guide of my youth?

2Co 6:18 And I will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty

Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be My son.


Gen 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD (יהוה) appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Rev 11:17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O Lord God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.


Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

 
Last edited:
Mark 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation;
of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.