Green bars?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 30, 2012
hi everyone.
Can anyone tell me what those green bars next to the name means? I noticed for some people they have a full green bar by there "nick names" so to say and others only have like one or 2. I'm prob real stupid for asking but I honestly don't what they are.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
hi everyone.
Can anyone tell me what those green bars next to the name means? I noticed for some people they have a full green bar by there "nick names" so to say and others only have like one or 2. I'm prob real stupid for asking but I honestly don't what they are.
Honestly I am not sure myself but I think it has something to do with the rep giving system?

Dec 8, 2014
The green dot next to your name indicates that you are online. I think the green bars under your rank are either an indication of the number of posts you've made or something else. I don't think the green bars have to do with rep power because I've seen some folks with several bars and zero rep power, then I see some with rep power of 10 but only 3 green bars.

Last edited:

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
​The green bars increase for every certain number of posts you make, and rep points you receive. Speaking from observing my own powers/points, for every 100 rep points I get, I receive a power and a bar. For every 1000 posts I make, I receive a green bar. The number is different for everyone, I think, but this is how it has been observed with my points and powers. :)

W

wwjd_kilden

it is a combination of nr of posts posted, and the amount of reputation given to you by others
(Reputation points allow you to give out reputation to others and to the circle goes on :p )

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
​The green bars increase for every certain number of posts you make, and rep points you receive. Speaking from observing my own powers/points, for every 100 rep points I get, I receive a power and a bar. For every 1000 posts I make, I receive a green bar. The number is different for everyone, I think, but this is how it has been observed with my points and powers. :)
That's interesting though I still don't get it lol But I haven't even noticed my green bar thing so this post is for me to have a look :)

May 3, 2013
The green dot next to your name indicates that you are online. I think the green bars under your rank are either an indication of the number of posts you've made or something else. I don't think the green bars have to do with rep power because I've seen some folks with several bars and zero rep power, then I see some with rep power of 10 but only 3 green bars.

How come you said that, sir?

1.png

2.png

I don´t like to look like a Major! That´s why I don´t like to use it.

May 3, 2013

Hmmmm?

Are you taking those green bars along with your medicine?

I´m willing to share some "power", then

Ha! Ha! :p

U

Ugly

The green does represent the rep you've been given. The Rep Power, i believe, is the amount of rep you give out when you give rep.
The only indication of the number of posts is by your rank. With senior being the highest with 100 posts.

G

Gandalf

The green does represent the rep you've been given. The Rep Power, i believe, is the amount of rep you give out when you give rep.
The only indication of the number of posts is by your rank. With senior being the highest with 100 posts.
It looks like you have been rep(rimanded) ALOT!!! :p

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Why do you have two shades of green?