Greetings from beautiful Austria!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MsMcGyver

Nov 14, 2014
Hi you all :)

I'm Susi (short for Susanne), 30 years old, and I was born and raised (and still live) in Austria. (No, not Australia, just the heart of Europe.)

I'm a mineralogist and currently working in a huge company (research department), but that's just the boring side of me.
You're wondering about my nickname? Well, it's not like I have acutally seen the series (did not air during my youth), but my friends call me MacGyver every now and then, usually whenever I come up with something new and creative. I love fixing things, inventing things, all sorts of art and crafting and such. (I probably have more tools at home than most men. Hehe.)

I was raised in a christian family and have 3 younger siblings, lots of uncles and aunts and even more cousins (and so forth).

I live alone in a neat little town and my neighbor tomcat seems to be my secret admirer - he sometimes waits outside my door in the morning, just to get cuddles. I like animals in general, but cats best - I speak cat.

Talking about foreign languages: My mothertongue is German (various Austrian dialects), but I'm fluent in English, know a little Italian and French as well, and sometimes recite some Latin phrases. What I would like to learn is Hebrew, and maybe some ancient Greek as well, just for studying OT/NT scriptures.
To me, words are like colors used on a canvas, and I like mixing them - so forgive me if I happen to come up with something unusal ;)

I like to be outside in the sun. I prefer summer over winter, adventure trips over lying on the beach, the company of good friends over a night at home alone.
I don't drink alcohol (I simply don't like the taste), but don't mind if you do (as long as you don't drive).
I don't smoke and cannot tolerate any kind of smoke due to my light asthma.
I don't own a car, as we have a fairly good public tranpsortation system here which is just so much cheaper.

I like to sing (I'm in the church music team), but I don't play an instrument well enough (I do own a few, though, including a Theremin).

What else? Hm.. I'm reliable and like to help others. I like to cheer people up who feel down and just give them a feeling of not being alone. Did I mention creative? :)
I do have just the slightest touch of Asperger's, which means, I see everything and hear everything and cannot do much about it, as my brain sometimes just stops filtering stuff. I've learned to live with it.

Ok, that was just a tiny bit of interesting stuff- if you want to discover more, you might have to talk to me. ;)
All the best and a great day to you all!

J

jerryalby

hi susi,

it's beautiful and fantastic things u have posted. god bless you.
please remember me in your prayer.

-jerry

B

butterfly712

Hello Susi and welcome,I hope you enjoy it here. :)

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You wrote a delightful introductory post. There are a lot of fascinating and amusing residents here that would be more than happy to get to know you better. Welcome to CC.

W

Wormwood

Howdy and welcome, Susi. :) Austria does indeed look beautiful, from what I've seen.

C

Chezz

Hey! Welcome to CC:)

Nov 5, 2013
Hi Susi and welcome to Christian Chat. Your introduction was one of the most amazing introductions I've ever read on the site. It was absolutely wonderful. I would just love to visit a country such as Austria it sounds like such a beautiful place. And to top it all off you own a theremin… Wow! I know you will get to meet many wonderful people on this site and I have two words for you… God bless!

Atwood

May 1, 2014
Greetings, Susi,

Ich hoffe, dass die Dinge sind mit Ihnen feine in Österreich.

Miau!

And you like to sing -- great!
The Theremin is an unusual, but interesting instrument.
Can you yodel?

Great to have the gift of encouragement.

May you have a great day.

B

bluebirdchaser

You're welcome here, Susi! It's a pleasure to meet you. I like cats too. Not sure how fluent I am in cat, but I like to pretend at least XD I love what you said about words being colors on a canvas. I hope you like it here and continue to brighten the site with your creativity :)

MsMcGyver

Nov 14, 2014
Thank you all :)
No, I cannot yodel - at least not in the right way. But I can pretend to. ;)

I like this site already.

W

wwjd_kilden

Welkom

glad you like it :)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
​Hello and welcome to CC. I hope you will like here in our weird, odd crazy jungle..lol :)

bafa

Nov 30, 2014
hello welcome to cc:)