Greetings from Texas

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 31, 2020
Hello,

I am interested in meeting people who have Missions experience, who are familiar with Don Richardson's work. Also, I would be interested in hearing from others who have similar experience in the Mission field with the use of 'Cultural compasses.' I have really enjoyed the books Peace Child, Lords of the Earth, Eternity in their Hearts, Brutchko and God's Promise to the Chinese. I also enjoyed the documentary 'Beyond the Gates of Splendor' based on the book 'Through Gates of Splendor'.

While I have the book 'Christ in Ancient Vedas', I have not read the book all the way through and I was hoping to find Indian Christians with whom I could discuss this book and ask questions.

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
Welcome to CC.
----
I remember reading the book..years ago.
- 'Eternity in their Hearts'
Interesting mission story.
- in Papua New Guinea ( 1960's )
----
The title of the book is from.. the Bible verse.
- Ecclesiastes 3:11
----
Blessings,

Shandy

Sep 12, 2020
Welcome to the forum. Hope you find the ones with the interests you want to share.
Many members here so there must be some.

JPPT1974

May 16, 2015
East TN
Hope you enjoy it on here. Really you are a poet and you know it. And really can draw well. Never got that LOL. But welcome and feel free to post!

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Welcome to CC and glad to have you joining us this new year:) My mission is giving food to the poor in my area. Hope to see you around the Forums, God bless you!

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Hello,

I am interested in meeting people who have Missions experience, who are familiar with Don Richardson's work. Also, I would be interested in hearing from others who have similar experience in the Mission field with the use of 'Cultural compasses.' I have really enjoyed the books Peace Child, Lords of the Earth, Eternity in their Hearts, Brutchko and God's Promise to the Chinese. I also enjoyed the documentary 'Beyond the Gates of Splendor' based on the book 'Through Gates of Splendor'.

While I have the book 'Christ in Ancient Vedas', I have not read the book all the way through and I was hoping to find Indian Christians with whom I could discuss this book and ask questions.
Not familiar with anything you have mentioned, but If you have Jesus in you heart, then we share the greatest thing by far!:) Blessings and welcome to CC!

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Hi Goldensparrow, and welcome. I am not familiar with the books you're bringing up, nor am I Indian :) but I don't believe in parochialism, and am very interested in the subjects you mentioned.

Vedas are pretty sizeable, can't say I've studied them... But I did read the Upanishads - which, saying this for unfamiliar reader, came in the end like a conclusion, they are a lot closer to the Bible when compared to the rest. They mention "gods", but these gods are revealed to be powerless and of no effect when faced with the supreme creator Spirit. The Bible isn't quite "monotheistic" either, just like the Upanishads, it mentions other gods, but they are considered powerless and of no effect compared to the creator Spirit.
The Upanishads (Vedanta) teach about the Spirit, whose Word upholds the universe.

"'He is One, Governor, Self of all, Creator of many out of one. He that dare discover Him within, rejoices; what other dare rejoice? 'He is imperishable among things that perish. Life of all life, He, though one, satisfies every man's desire. He that dare discover Him within, knows peace; what other dare know peace?'
'Where shall I find that joy beyond all words? Does He reflect another's light or shine of Himself?'
Neither sun, moon, stars, fire nor lightning lights Him. When He shines, everything begins to shine. Everything in the world reflects His light.'

Katha Upanishad​

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Hello,

Welcome and thanks for your insight on books that interest you lol.

Blessings ✝️