Grrrr

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JesusMyOnly

Senior Member
Jun 30, 2014
880
15
0
Does anyone have the same problem as me? Where you are too afraid to add someone on CC to your friends list?


I was born naturally quiet and timid. So around everyone I meet I'm pretty shy. I can add people here and start conversations with them on CC even if it isn't the easiest thing for me to do. This is because I've met many wonderful people here and they are so kind. So I can kinda force myself to be brave. There are a certain few tho, who, because I put it off to add them (because of shyness) I've become too afraid to add them.
 
Hmm if they are dramatically older or strange I won't add people to my buddy list, otherwise I don't have that problem. IRL is another story, but online... well online it's much easier to talk to people you don't know. xD

(I talk to people I don't know offline as well but it's more of a struggle, such is the way of the introvert.) :-P
 
Yep I can relate. I have always only had a close knit group of friends. Even on here its the same way. Kind of feel out of sorts a bit. My wife is complete opposite as she has many friends and likes being around many people. Me I don't like large crowds. Funny tho because I have no problem standing in front of large groups preaching the Gospel.

I can understand why you would feel "odd" adding people after a long period of time. I wouldn't worry tho because I think most people on here would understand. :)
 
Hmm if they are dramatically older or strange I won't add people to my buddy list, otherwise I don't have that problem. IRL is another story, but online... well online it's much easier to talk to people you don't know. xD

(I talk to people I don't know offline as well but it's more of a struggle, such is the way of the introvert.) :-P

I guess I could be called an introverted extrovert lol. Yeah I know I'm odd :)
 
Jesusmyonly I just read your "testimony" I like it, just really neat how God is working in your life. I especially like your reference to the "black" sheep and how you say your "purple". I would be a blue sheep :). We are all different and God works differently in each one of us. None of us are the same that's a pretty cool way of looking at it.

Many times God calls us out of our comfort zone. I never thought I would be able to speak in front of people but seems God made an exception in my case. When speaking about God in front of large crowds I am totally at ease. But put me in a roomful of people I don't know and yep I am sitting in the corner. Odd how God works in us.
 
I guess I could be called an introverted extrovert lol. Yeah I know I'm odd :)

Not really. You're just an introvert. But people can do things that go against their nature when they feel comfortable in other ways. I'm both an introvert and shy, i don't like being in groups, let alone speaking in front of a group. But as a teen i could get on stage with my band and be fine. Put me in front of that same group alone and i would stutter and babble and 'umm' endlessly.
Introverts are social, they just require a break from socialization. When you interact with an introvert they are giving during the conversation. This drains them, which is why being social can be hard on introverts for too long, or in big groups. Extroverts feed off the socialization and it energizes them the more they interact.
Most people do not truly understand what an introvert is, including most introverts.
 
Yep I can relate. I have always only had a close knit group of friends. Even on here its the same way. Kind of feel out of sorts a bit. My wife is complete opposite as she has many friends and likes being around many people. Me I don't like large crowds. Funny tho because I have no problem standing in front of large groups preaching the Gospel.

I can understand why you would feel "odd" adding people after a long period of time. I wouldn't worry tho because I think most people on here would understand. :)

You sound alot like me, except for the wife part. I'm glad you're my friend.:)
 
Well JesusMyOnly, you are doing better friend wise than me, I’m up to six CC friends now.:)

I suppose that I should first tell about myself – I desire very much to run away and hide in the mountains and not come down. It is so difficult for me to initiate conversations and it is also very hard to participate in them. But, when I ignore my emotions and my own desires and go at the whole gregarious thing as if it was a task or as if I was doing it for someone else, then I can jump into it with vigor. And in reality, I am socializing for God, after all, the battle is for souls and if I’m not among people then I’m not letting my light shine. My dim light I might add.

Now about initiating a connection with others. For some time I found myself saying that if other people would step up and initiate a conversation then I would be happy and even eager to respond and join in, but I just couldn’t initiate interactions myself. Then I had a realization “I wonder how many other people are saying the same thing.” So, I decided to step out front and be the trail blazer, and initiate conversations and friendships. And, I decided not to worry about if other people were offended or hated me because of it, because I know that I am trying to do the right thing and I always try to be very careful so as not to hurt anyone in any way.

Now that I’ve spoken so much it’s time to go hide.:o

Thanks for being humble, it’s a good trait.

A Black Sheep,
Jacob
 
Well JesusMyOnly, you are doing better friend wise than me, I’m up to six CC friends now.:)

I suppose that I should first tell about myself – I desire very much to run away and hide in the mountains and not come down. It is so difficult for me to initiate conversations and it is also very hard to participate in them. But, when I ignore my emotions and my own desires and go at the whole gregarious thing as if it was a task or as if I was doing it for someone else, then I can jump into it with vigor. And in reality, I am socializing for God, after all, the battle is for souls and if I’m not among people then I’m not letting my light shine. My dim light I might add.

Now about initiating a connection with others. For some time I found myself saying that if other people would step up and initiate a conversation then I would be happy and even eager to respond and join in, but I just couldn’t initiate interactions myself. Then I had a realization “I wonder how many other people are saying the same thing.” So, I decided to step out front and be the trail blazer, and initiate conversations and friendships. And, I decided not to worry about if other people were offended or hated me because of it, because I know that I am trying to do the right thing and I always try to be very careful so as not to hurt anyone in any way.

Now that I’ve spoken so much it’s time to go hide.:o

Thanks for being humble, it’s a good trait.

A Black Sheep,
Jacob

No jacob like Jesusmyonly did you need to pick a different color sheep. She picked purple I like blue so you should pick a color too. Since you seem kinda like a mix of Jesusmyonly and me you should be purple/blue :)
 
No jacob like Jesusmyonly did you need to pick a different color sheep. She picked purple I like blue so you should pick a color too. Since you seem kinda like a mix of Jesusmyonly and me you should be purple/blue :)


How about my favorite color - Green!

index.jpg
 
Does anyone have the same problem as me? Where you are too afraid to add someone on CC to your friends list?


I was born naturally quiet and timid. So around everyone I meet I'm pretty shy. I can add people here and start conversations with them on CC even if it isn't the easiest thing for me to do. This is because I've met many wonderful people here and they are so kind. So I can kinda force myself to be brave. There are a certain few tho, who, because I put it off to add them (because of shyness) I've become too afraid to add them.

I hear ya! I was initially hesitant to add different people or to click add to begin with so I'd wait for people to add me...but eventually I just thought oh what the heck, if I had some funny good conversations with people in the forums or have some laughs with them in chat and we seem to see eye to eye on things I'll add them I try to simplify it like that, otherwise it'd be too complicated...
 
Does anyone have the same problem as me? Where you are too afraid to add someone on CC to your friends list?


I was born naturally quiet and timid. So around everyone I meet I'm pretty shy. I can add people here and start conversations with them on CC even if it isn't the easiest thing for me to do. This is because I've met many wonderful people here and they are so kind. So I can kinda force myself to be brave. There are a certain few tho, who, because I put it off to add them (because of shyness) I've become too afraid to add them.


I'd say with 716 and growing I got no problem with adding a friend or 2... I am pretty trusting.
 
O.K. I confess that I am a troll....But the only trolling I do is troll for friends... I like making friends and I will make anyone my friend that will accept my friend request. I confess that I have friend requested enemies some even who have told me I was going to hell... What is that saying? Keep your friends close and your enemies closer....lol

I prayed to God a little while back - Lord you know I don't like people very much - How in the world am I going to make it in heaven with all those people..... Then I started making friends here on CC and I actually started to get to know some of them and I found out they are real people with real hurts and things that bother them just like me. As my friend number started getting higher and I started to get to know them I am now seeing how God is working to get me to love the people around me and get close to those that will let me get close to them.... So making friends is not a bad thing.... I really like it and hey I could always use a few more friends so send a request or look for a request to come your way as I just haven't met you yet. JesusLives
 
That's understandable. I appreciate introverts. :) While I don't initiate friend requests, it's largely because I don't see much of a point to have a friends roster. There are people here I'm more or less buddies with that aren't on my list. The only perk to it as far as I can see is that you can view your friends activity; enter creeper Khatru. :cool:
 
Thats the thing, I guess because I'm naturally laid back and lazy, quiet and timid I am considered an introvert. But I get energy from extroverts. I might not take complete part in a conversation but I enjoy hearing commotion all around.


For example in class, the students would be taking part in participating and being noisey, so on so forth. I would just sit there the entire time, having moved around in my seat maybe five times not making any noise. I was scared to take part in their conversation but I enjoyed hearing everyone talk. Its like I was completely invisible. Which was fine by me.
I like to observe what everyone is doing.


In real life I am horribly afraid of people themsevles even when they have given me no reason to be afraid. I can't even say hi or smile to someone without wanting crawl into a ditch, covering myself with dirt. XD I'll dodge walking by people if I can and if I have to walk past them I end up holding my breath as if its some way to go unoticed. Here at CC, I have plenty of friends on the friends list. However I don't talk to a bunch of them and its not on purpose. I have added people because I enjoy their posts and they seem like they could teach me a lot. I also want people to understand I'm here for them and can put my foolish shyness aside to help.
 
Does anyone have the same problem as me? Where you are too afraid to add someone on CC to your friends list?


I was born naturally quiet and timid. So around everyone I meet I'm pretty shy. I can add people here and start conversations with them on CC even if it isn't the easiest thing for me to do. This is because I've met many wonderful people here and they are so kind. So I can kinda force myself to be brave. There are a certain few tho, who, because I put it off to add them (because of shyness) I've become too afraid to add them.

===================================================

JesusMyOnly,

you sound sweet in your question.

for my husband and myself, we choose not to make a 'list'.
we have chosen instead, to love all of our brothers and sister without
putting them in a sequence or to show partiality =
for us, this makes those who love and serve our Father and Christ our
friends unspoken, but loved without degree.
:)
 
I have never really understood this "friend" thing. I will always accept friendships, but hardly ever friend someone because I don't get it. I consider most of you my friends, and what difference is there if you send out a friend request? I haven't noticed that anything happens other than they accept. I still can message anyone I want, and I read most of the threads.

So, please tell me, what is the advantage of having a lot of friends? Who even sees who many friends you have?

Your friend,
Joi
 
I have never really understood this "friend" thing. I will always accept friendships, but hardly ever friend someone because I don't get it. I consider most of you my friends, and what difference is there if you send out a friend request? I haven't noticed that anything happens other than they accept. I still can message anyone I want, and I read most of the threads.

So, please tell me, what is the advantage of having a lot of friends? Who even sees who many friends you have?

Your friend,
Joi

I agree with what you've said :). Tho its not me worrying about having a lot of friends. I was more of annoyed at myself that I'm too shy to even start asking certain people to talk or send a request to certain people because I've put it off for so long.