GUARANTEE FOR A LITERAL 1000 YRS IN WRITING

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Abiding

All i can think on is what you write...and even that
i dont give much time for. Your snare is yourself.

I was at one of Hal Lindseys first traveling conferances
before the time you were born. And was a ministry
volunteer for his buddy Chuck Missler, so i could write a
book on dispy/premil.

I have no problem with a pretrib rapture, just cant get it
from the bible without alot of dancing...u know that. And
1948 made out of fulfilled scriptures or scriptures fulfilled
by the church, not to speak of the fact they havnt even
repented or received a new heart...hmmm i cant be dishonest.

But i dont make it a salvation issue...or a wedge between me
and a brother. But of coarse the two views oppose each other
in extremely important areas. Your whole world view is different.
But it your choice to choose which is right.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Many have already brought all of these positions out scripturally and otherwise on the table and they have been < snip: extensively refuted scripturally> by those that <snip: recognize> dispensational <snip: false doctrine> no matter what kind of merits have been <add: wrongly> afforded to this system of <snip: wrongly dividing the word of truth>. .
12. Contrary to the dispensationalists&#8217; frequent citation of the King James Version translation of 2 Tim 2:15, &#8220;rightly dividing&#8221; the truth, as evidence for the need to divide the biblical record into discrete dispensations, all modern versions of Scripture and non-dispensational commentators translate this verse without any allusion to &#8220;dividing&#8221; Scripture into discrete historical divisions at all, but rather show that it means to &#8220;handle accurately&#8221; (NASB) or &#8220;correctly handle&#8221; (NIV) the word of God.

~

5. Contrary to many dispensationalists&#8217; assertion that modern-day Jews are faithful to the Old Testament and worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Hagee), the New Testament teaches that there is no such thing as &#8220;orthodox Judaism.&#8221; Any modern-day Jew who claims to believe the Old Testament and yet rejects Christ Jesus as Lord and God rejects the Old Testament also.

9. Despite the dispensationalists&#8217; proclamation that they have a high view of God&#8217;s Word in their &#8220;coherent and consistent interpretation&#8221; (John Walvoord), in fact they have fragmented the Bible into numerous dispensational parts with two redemptive programs&#8212;one for Israel and one for the Church&#8212;and have doubled new covenants, returns of Christ, physical resurrections, and final judgments, thereby destroying the unity and coherence of Scripture.

http://againstdispensationalism.com/95-theses/

A

Abiding

Red
All i can think on is what you write...and even that
i dont give much time for. Your snare is yourself.

I was at one of Hal Lindseys first traveling conferances
before the time you were born. And was a ministry
volunteer for his buddy Chuck Missler, so i could write a
book on dispy/premil.

I have no problem with a pretrib rapture, just cant get it
from the bible without alot of dancing...u know that. And
1948 made out of fulfilled scriptures or scriptures fulfilled
by the church, not to speak of the fact they havnt even
repented or received a new heart...hmmm i cant be dishonest.

But i dont make it a salvation issue...or a wedge between me
and a brother. But of coarse the two views oppose each other
in extremely important areas. Your whole world view is different.
But it your choice to choose which is right.
Also i was waiting for you to bring any clear scripture from
the new testament. Especially from the Apostles on this.

Last edited:

gotime

Mar 3, 2011
Thought this might interest some.

1. What event begins this 1,000-year period?

"These came to life again and reigned with Christ for a thousand years." Revelation 20:4, NEB, last part of verse.*
Answer: A resurrection begins the 1,000-year period.

*The New English Bible, (C) 1961, 1970 by the Delegates of the Oxford University Press and the Syndics of the Cambridge University Press. Used by permission.

2. What is this resurrection called? Who will be raised in it?

"This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection." Revelation 20:5, 6.
Answer: It is called the first resurrection. The righteous people--"blessed and holy" of all ages--will be raised in it.

3. The Bible says there are two resurrections. When is the second resurrection, and who will be raised in it?

"The rest of the dead [those who were wicked] lived not again until the thousand years were finished." Revelation 20:5. "All that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation." John 5:28, 29.
Answer: The second resurrection takes place at the close of the 1,000-year period. The wicked will be raised in this resurrection. It is called the resurrection of damnation.

Please notice: The resurrection of the righteous begins the 1,000 years. The resurrection of the wicked ends the 1,000 years.

4. What other momentous events take place when the 1,000 years begin?

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him." Revelation 1:7. "The Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, ... and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air." 1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17. "And there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great." "And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found. And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent [scholarly estimates vary from 58 to 100 pounds]." Revelation 16:18, 20, 21. (See also Jeremiah 4:23-26; Isaiah 24:1, 3, 19, 20; Isaiah 2:21.)
Answer: Other momentous events that take place as the 1,000 years begin are: the most devastating earthquake and hailstorm in history strike the earth; Jesus returns in the clouds for His people; and all the saints are caught up into the air to meet Jesus.

5. What happens to the wicked--living and dead--at Jesus' second coming?

"With the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked." Isaiah 11:4. "When the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God." 2 Thessalonians 1:7, 8. "Let the wicked perish at the presence of God." Psalms 68:2. "But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished." Revelation 20:5.
Answer: The living wicked will be slain by the very presence of Christ at the second coming. When an angel appeared at Jesus' tomb, the entire group of Roman guards fell as dead men (Matthew 28:2, 4). When the brightness of all the angels, God the Father, and God the Son combine, the wicked will die as if hit by lightning. The wicked already dead when Jesus returns will remain in their graves until the end of the 1,000 years.

6. Many believe the unsaved will have an opportunity to repent during the 1,000 years. What does the Bible say about this?

"The slain of the Lord shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground." Jeremiah 25:33. "I beheld, and, lo, there was no man." Jeremiah 4:25.
Answer:
The wicked dead will lie upon the earth during the 1,000 years.
It is impossible for any person to repent during the 1,000 years because there will not be a person alive on earth. The righteous will all be in heaven. All the wicked will be lying dead upon the earth. Revelation 22:11, 12 makes it clear that the case of every person is closed before Jesus returns. Those who wait to accept Christ until the 1,000 years begin will have waited too long.

7. The Bible says that Satan will be bound in the bottomless pit during the 1,000 years. What is this pit?

"And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit. ... And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit ... till the thousand years should be fulfilled." Revelation 20:1-3.
Answer: The word for "bottomless pit" in the original Greek is "abussos," or abyss. That same word is used in the Greek version of the Old Testament in Genesis 1:2 in connection with the creation of the earth, but there it is translated "deep." "The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep." How interesting! The words "deep," "bottomless pit," and "abyss" here refer to the same thing--the earth in its totally dark, disorganized form before God made order of it. Jeremiah, in describing this earth during the 1,000 years, used virtually the same terms as these in Genesis 1:2: "without form and void," "no light," "no man," 'black." Jeremiah 4:23, 25, 28. So the battered, dark earth with no people alive will be called the bottomless pit, or abyss, during the 1,000 years just as it was in the beginning before Creation was completed. Isaiah 24:22 also speaks of Satan and his angels during the 1,000 years as "gathered in the pit" and "shut up in the prison."

8. What is the chain that binds Satan? Why is he bound?

"An angel ... having ... a great chain in his hand ... laid hold on ... Satan, and bound him a thousand years, ... and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled." Revelation 20:1-3.
Answer: The chain is symbolic--a chain of circumstances. A spirit being cannot be confined with a literal chain. Satan is "tied down" because he has no people to deceive. The wicked are all dead and the righteous are all in heaven. The Lord confines the devil to this earth so he cannot roam the universe hoping to find someone to deceive. Forcing the devil to stay on the earth, alone with his demons for a thousand years with no one to deceive, will be for him the most galling chain ever forged.

REVIEW THE EVENTS OCCURRING
AT THE BEGINNING OF THE 1,000 YEARS:
Devastating earthquake and hailstorm (Revelation 16:18-21; Revelation 6:14-17).
Second coming of Jesus for His saints (Matthew 24:30, 31).
Righteous dead raised to life (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17).
Righteous given immortality (1 Corinthians 15:51-55).
Righteous given bodies like Jesus (1 John 3:2; Philippians 3:21).
All righteous caught up into the clouds (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17).
Living wicked slain by the breath of the Lord's mouth (Isaiah 11:4).
Wicked in graves remain dead until the end of the 1,000 years (Revelation 20:5).
Jesus takes righteous to heaven (John 13:33, 36; 14:1-3).
Satan bound (Revelation 20:1-3).
9. Revelation 20:4 says there will be a judgment in heaven during the 1,000 years. What for? Who will participate?

"I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them ... and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years." Revelation 20:4. "Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? ... Know ye not that we shall judge angels?" 1 Corinthians 6:2, 3.
Answer: The righteous of all ages (and probably even good angels) will participate in the judgment during the 1,000 years. The cases of all who are lost, including the devil and his angels, will be reviewed. This judgment will make details regarding the lost clear to each saved person. In the end, all will see that people are shut out of heaven only if they did not really want to live like Jesus or to be with Him.

During the 1,000 years, all God's righteous people will participate in the judgment in heaven.

REVIEW THE EVENTS
AND CONDITIONS
DURING THE 1,000 YEARS:
Earth in battered condition from huge hailstones and devastating earthquake (Revelation 16:18-21; 6:14-17).
Earth in total blackout/bottomless pit (Jeremiah 4:23, 28).
Satan and his angels forced to stay on the earth/bound (Revelation 20:1-3).
Righteous in heaven participating in the judgment (Revelation 20:4).
Wicked are all dead (Jeremiah 4:25; Isaiah 11:4).

During the 1,000 years, every soul who has ever lived on earth will be in one of two places: (1) on the earth, dead and lost, or (2) in heaven, taking part in the judgment. The Lord invites you to be in heaven. Please accept His invitation.
10. At the close of the 1,000 years the holy city, new Jerusalem, will come down from heaven to this earth. Who will come with it? Where will it settle?

"And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven. ... And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men." Revelation 21:2, 3. "Behold, the day of the Lord cometh." "And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof. ... And the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee." "All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem." Zechariah 14:1, 4, 5, 10.
Answer: The new Jerusalem will settle where the mount of Olives now stands. The mountain will be flattened to make a great plain, upon which the city will come to rest. All of the righteous people of all ages (Zechariah 14:5), the angels of heaven (Matthew 25:31), plus God the Father (Revelation 21:2, 3) and God the Son (Matthew 25:31) will return to earth with the holy city for Jesus' special third coming. The second coming will be for His saints; the third will be with His saints.

Jesus' Three Advents:

1. First coming, to Bethlehem in a manger.

2. Second coming, in the clouds at the beginning of the 1,000 years to take His people to heaven.

3. Third coming, with the holy city and all righteous people at the close of the 1,000 years.

11. What will happen to the wicked dead at this time? How will this affect Satan?

"The rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished." "And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, And shall go out to deceive the nations." Revelation 20:5, 7, 8.
Answer: At the close of the 1,000 years (when Jesus comes the third time) the wicked will be raised. Satan, loosed from his bonds, will then have an earth full of people (all the nations of the world) to deceive.

12. What will Satan do then?

"Satan shall ... go out to deceive the nations ... of the earth, ... to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city." Revelation 20:7-9.
Answer: Satan, true to his nature, will immediately begin lying to the people left on the earth--the wicked from all ages. He will probably claim that the city is really his, that he was unjustly deposed from the heavenly kingdom, that God is power-hungry and ruthless, and that God is getting ready to wipe them all off the face of the earth with a devastating, inescapable fire. He will convince them that, if they unify, God does not have a chance. With the entire world against one city, the victory will appear certain. The nations will then unite and marshal their armies to surround the new Jerusalem.

13. What will interrupt Satan's plan to capture or destroy the city?

"Fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. And the devil that deceived them was cast into ... the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." Revelation 20:9, 10; 21:8. "The wicked ... shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts." Malachi 4:3.
Answer: Fire will suddenly come down from heaven (not up from hell, as many believe) upon the wicked and all will be turned into ashes, including the devil and his angels (Matthew 25:41). This fire that destroys sin and sinners is called the second death. There is no resurrection from this death. It is final. Notice that the devil will not be tending the fire, as is commonly believed. He will be in it, and it will put him out of existence.

14. When the wicked are burned up and the fire goes out, what glorious, thrilling event will take place next?

"Behold, I create new heavens and a new earth." Isaiah 65:17. "Look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness." 2 Peter 3:13. "He that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new." Revelation 21:5. "The tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God." Revelation 21:3.
Answer:

When the fire goes out, God will create a fantastic new earth, with the holy city as its capital, and give it to His people. Please decide now to be there.

God will create new heavens and a new earth, and the new Jerusalem will be the capital city of the earth made new. Sin and its ugliness will be gone forever. God's people will at long last receive the kingdom promised to them. "They shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away." Isaiah 35:10. Too fabulous to describe! Too glorious to miss! Too near for us to be unsure! God has a place prepared there for you (John 14:1-3). Plan to live in it. Jesus is waiting for your consent.

gotime

Mar 3, 2011
REVIEW THE EVENTS AT THE CLOSE OF THE 1,000 YEARS:
1. Third coming of Jesus with His saints (Zechariah 14:5).
2. Holy city settles on mount of Olives, which becomes a great plain (Zechariah 14:4, 10).
3. The Father, angels, and all of the righteous come with Jesus (Revelation 21:1-3; Matthew 25:31; Zechariah 14:5).
4. Wicked dead raised; Satan loosed (Revelation 20:5, 7).
5. Satan deceives entire world (Revelation 20:8).
6. Wicked surround the holy city (Revelation 20:9).
7. Wicked destroyed by fire (Revelation 20:9).
8. New heavens and earth created (Isaiah 65:17; 2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:1).
9. God's people enjoy eternity with Christ on the new earth (Revelation 21:2-4).
THE 1,000 YEARS OF REVELATION 20
EVENTS DURING THE 1,000 YEARS
1. Earth torn up, desolate, and dark.
2. All wicked are dead on earth.
3. Satan bound to this earth.
4. Righteous judging in heaven.
FIRST RESURRECTION
1. Devastating earthquake and hailstorm. 1. Third coming of Jesus with the saints.
2. Second coming of Jesus for the saints. 2. Holy city descends onto the mount of Olives, which becomes a great plain.
3. Righteous dead raised to life. 3. Father, angels, righteous come with Jesus.
4. Righteous given immortality. 4. Wicked dead raised and Satan loosed.
5. Righteous given bodies like that of Jesus. 5. Satan deceives all nations. They surround the holy city.
6. All righteous caught up into clouds. 6. Wicked destroyed by fire.
7. Living wicked slain by the Lord's presence. 7. New heavens and earth created.
8. Wicked already in their graves remain dead. 8. God's people enjoy eternity with Jesus.
9. Jesus takes righteous to heaven.
10. Satan bound.
15. Can we know how soon Jesus will return for His saints?

"When ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors." Matthew 24:33. "When these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh." Luke 21:28. "For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth." Romans 9:28. "For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them." 1 Thessalonians 5:3.
Answer: Jesus said when the signs of His coming are being fulfilled rapidly, as they are today, we should rejoice and know that His coming is near--even at the doors. And the apostle Paul said we can know the end is near when there is a great movement for peace in the world. Finally, the Bible says God will cut the work short (Romans 9:28). So without doubt, we are living on borrowed time. The Lord will arrive suddenly and unexpectedly--at an hour known to no one, but to God only (Matthew 24:36; Acts 1:7). Our only safety is to be ready.

16. I am definitely planning to live in the fantastic custom-built home that Jesus is preparing for me in heaven.
Answer:

Thought Questions
1. How long will the time period be from the day the holy city descends until the wicked are destroyed by fire from heaven? (Revelation 20:3)

The Bible says it will be a "little," or short, season (Revelation 20:3). Enough time will be required for Satan to persuade people to follow his plan and prepare weapons of war. The exact length of time is not revealed in Scripture.

2. What kind of bodies will people have in God's new kingdom? (Philippians 3:21)

The Bible says the redeemed will have bodies like that of Jesus (Philippians 3:21). Jesus had a real body of flesh and bones after His resurrection (Luke 24:36-43). The saved will not be ghosts. They will be real people, as were Adam and Eve.

3. Does the Bible say how the lost will react at Jesus' second coming? (Revelation 6:17)

Yes. The Bible says they will cry "to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?" Revelation 6:16, 17. (See also verses 14 and 15.) The righteous, on the other hand, will say, "Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation." Isaiah 25:9.

4. When the holy city descends, will the wicked be able to see the righteous people who are inside the city? (Revelation 21:18)

Quite likely they will. The Bible says the city will be the see-through type—clear as crystal (Revelation 21:11, 18). The righteous will be able to see the wicked (Psalms 37:34), and the wicked will be able to see the righteous (Luke 13:28). This could mean that some very sad encounters will take place at the city wall, with the saved part of a family inside and the lost part outside. The resulting heartache and trauma are too much for human language to describe.

5. The Bible says God will wipe away all tears from the eyes of His people and there will be no more death, sorrow, or pain. When will this happen? (Revelation 21:4)

From Revelation 21:1-4 and Isaiah 65:17, it appears that this will happen after sin and sinners are destroyed. During the final judgment and destruction by fire, God's people will have many reasons for deep sorrow. As they realize that relatives and friends are lost and that people they loved are being destroyed in the fire, anguish will doubtless bring tears and heartache to God's people. But after the fire goes out, the Lord will wipe away their tears. He will then create new heavens and a new earth for His people, which will bring them unspeakable joy and fulfillment. And sorrow, sadness, crying, and heartache will be forever gone.

6. How will the destruction of wicked angels and people affect God the Father and His Son? (Isaiah 28:21)

Doubtless they will be relieved and overjoyed that the ugly cancer of sin is gone forever and that the universe is secure. Surely they will also experience deep, wrenching sadness over the fact that so many of those they loved--and for whom Jesus died--chose to cling to sin and reject salvation. Satan himself was once their warm, personal friend, and many people in the fire were their dearly beloved children. It will be like the agony of seeing one of your own errant children executed. Sin has been a crushing load upon both Father and Son since its inception. The aim of the Father and Son has been to love people and gently draw them to salvation. Their feelings are expressed in Hosea 11:8, NASB: "How can I give you up, O Ephraim? How can I surrender you, O Israel? ... My heart is turned over within Me, all my compassions are kindled."*

*The New American Standard Bible, (C) 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977 by the Lockman Foundation. Used by permission.

7. What kind of body does Jesus have? (Luke 24:39)

He has a body of flesh and bones. After His resurrection, Jesus appeared to His disciples (Luke 24:36-43) and demonstrated that He was not a spirit or ghost by stating that He was flesh and bones, having them feel His body, and by eating some fish and honey.

Jesus Ascends
He then walked with them to Bethany and, as He was conversing with them, ascended to heaven (Luke 24:49-51). The angel who appeared to the disciples as Jesus ascended explained that "this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven." Acts 1:11.

This Same Jesus Will Return
The angel's emphasis was that this same Jesus (of flesh and bones) will come again. He will be real, not ghostly, and the risen and translated saints will have bodies like His (Philippians 3:21; 1 John 3:2). The saints' heavenly bodies will also be incorruptible and immortal (1 Corinthians 15:51-55).

This is taken from Amazing Facts.

Feb 23, 2011
16. I am definitely planning to live in the fantastic custom-built home that Jesus is preparing for me in heaven.
Ummm... You're not getting a constructed residential edifice. We ARE the many mansions for HIS abode.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
REVIEW THE EVENTS OCCURRING
AT THE BEGINNING OF THE 1,000 YEARS:
Devastating earthquake and hailstorm (Revelation 16:18-21; Revelation 6:14-17).
Second coming of Jesus for His saints (Matthew 24:30, 31).
Righteous dead raised to life (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17).
Righteous given immortality (1 Corinthians 15:51-55).
Righteous given bodies like Jesus (1 John 3:2; Philippians 3:21).
All righteous caught up into the clouds (1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17).
Living wicked slain by the breath of the Lord's mouth (Isaiah 11:4).
Wicked in graves remain dead until the end of the 1,000 years (Revelation 20:5).
Jesus takes righteous to heaven (John 13:33, 36; 14:1-3).
Satan bound (Revelation 20:1-3).

9. Revelation 20:4 says there will be a judgment in heaven during the 1,000 years. What for? Who will participate?

During the 1,000 years, all God's righteous people will participate in the judgment in heaven. ?
the bad guys are all dead and in their graves supposedly for 1,000 years!
what are the righteous people in heaven JUDGING for 1,000 years?

REVIEW THE EVENTS
AND CONDITIONS
DURING THE 1,000 YEARS:

Earth in battered condition from huge hailstones and devastating earthquake (Revelation 16:18-21; 6:14-17).
Earth in total blackout/bottomless pit (Jeremiah 4:23, 28).
Satan and his angels forced to stay on the earth/bound (Revelation 20:1-3).

Righteous in heaven participating in the judgment (Revelation 20:4).

Wicked are all dead (Jeremiah 4:25; Isaiah 11:4).

During the 1,000 years, every soul who has ever lived on earth will be in one of two places: (1) on the earth, dead and lost, or (2) in heaven, taking part in the judgment.

10. At the close of the 1,000 years the holy city, new Jerusalem, will come down from heaven to this earth. Who will come with it? Where will it settle?
after 1,000 years New Jerusalem comes to this old earth?
the black battered horrible dead earth?
THAT'S GLORY?

what are the saints judging/doing for 1,000 years in heaven, only to come to a dead black earth?
WHO ARE THEY JUDGING? people in their graves? why does it take a literal 1,000 years.

it says AFTER the thousand years satan musters the nations Gog/Magog to BATTLE! HUH?????

EXEGETE!

there is not....i repeat....not 1,000 years between "2 resurrections/judgments'.

~

the contortions and story-telling people are willing to engage in just blows my mind.
all over 2 passages in a symbolic book they do not understand.

Rev 20 is...............not..............the next part of a story.

it is a summary of the period between the 2 Advents. it is SEPARATE from 19 and 21

IT SHOWS PEOPLE in heaven (whether you believe souls go to heaven when we die or whether the passages are a vision of christians POSITIONALLY, the POINT AND MESSAGE John was given VIA THE VISION is one of comfort and encouragment FOR THIS AGE)

Last edited:

gotime

Mar 3, 2011
the bad guys are all dead and in their graves supposedly for 1,000 years!
what are the righteous people in heaven JUDGING for 1,000 years?

after 1,000 years New Jerusalem comes to this old earth?
the black battered horrible dead earth?
THAT'S GLORY?

what are the saints judging/doing for 1,000 years in heaven, only to come to a dead black earth?
WHO ARE THEY JUDGING? people in their graves? why does it take a literal 1,000 years.

it says AFTER the thousand years satan musters the nations Gog/Magog to BATTLE! HUH?????

EXEGETE!

there is not....i repeat....not 1,000 years between "2 resurrections/judgments'.

~

the contortions and story-telling people are willing to engage in just blows my mind.
all over 2 passages in a symbolic book they do not understand.

Rev 20 is...............not..............the next part of a story.

it is a summary of the period between the 2 Advents. it is SEPARATE from 19 and 21

IT SHOWS PEOPLE in heaven (whether you believe souls go to heaven when we die or whether the passages are a vision of christians POSITIONALLY, the POINT AND MESSAGE John was given VIA THE VISION is one of comfort and encouragment FOR THIS AGE)
This example that I posted up here is the simple version. the backing for this is far deeper. this idea is shown in the sanctuary services in the Jewish temple. Yes Revelation is a symbolic book, however that does not mean that everything in it is symbolic. Jesus is actually coming back. there will actually be plagues at the end of time. there will be a actual city come from heaven.

These things are spoken of by the prophets of old Testament. This post as I said is the simplistic version. and is enough for those who are seeking truth to search it out to see wither these things are true or not.

The biggest problem with Christians today is they do not search the word in prayer. and most do not have much if any grasping of the truth as shown in the sanctuary and its services in the old Testament. If they did they would not fall for all the hoopla that is taught today.

Those who do not grasp the sanctuary and its services cannot fully comprehend the truths that Jesus taught.

Jul 30, 2010
Hi gotime. You have got the 1000 years correct, but there are some facts you are missing, and it is throwing you out a little. Please take a look. I only wish to show you the clear picture as described from the scriptures. When you can see that the millenium is on earth, then all the scriptures will fit tightly together. Please dont take offence, I'm not trying showing you up. Knowledge should grow for all of us....more and more each day. May the HS guide you. Please really study these scriptures.
God bless.

REVIEW THE EVENTS AT THE CLOSE OF THE 1,000 YEARS:
1. Third coming of Jesus with His saints (Zechariah 14:5).
Theres not three comings of Christ. Only two. Christ returns to earth on his 2nd coming. He stays, he's been here the whole time (1000 years) He doesn't go back up to heaven.

2. Holy city settles on mount of Olives, which becomes a great plain (Zechariah 14:4, 10).
This happens at Christ's second coming. Why? because this happens first

Zechariah 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

This is when Israel gets attacked before Christs 2nd coming.

then;
Zechariah 14:3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

this battle happened during the days of Uzziah, King of Jerusalem, the Lord was with him whilst he sort the Lord. and won his battles for him against the Phillistines and the Arabians (2 Chron Ch26) ........but he later angered the Lord and God gave him Leprosy.

Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles. and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Zechariah 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives.....

Zechariah 14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

Zechariah 14:6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the night shall not be clear, nor dark (The Lord comes in the Evening)

Zechariah 14:8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem..... (The lord sets up kingdom in Jersusalem, and the truth will come out of that nation - living waters)

Zechariah 14:9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

Zechariah 14:10 All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifed up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamins gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses.

Zechariah 14:11 And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

Zechariah 14:12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
(only those that have fought against Jerusalem - not everybody)

Zechariah 14:13 And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the Lord shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbor, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.
(everyones confused, dishevelled, they all start fighting and killing each other)

Zechariah 14:14 And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance.
(they dont know that this wealth is all going into the kingdom)

Zechariah 14:15 And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in their tents, as this plague,

Zechariah 14:16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
(you see there are nations here, and they will worship Christ) This is when he rules with a rod of iron)

3. The Father, angels, and all of the righteous come with Jesus (Revelation 21:1-3; Matthew 25:31; Zechariah 14:5).
2nd Coming, just the beginning of 1000 year reign.

4. Wicked dead raised; Satan loosed (Revelation 20:5, 7).
Not yet. No wicked raised. Satan released from prison after the 1000 years expires.

5. Satan deceives entire world (Revelation 20:8). (this is going to take time to round up these people)

6. Wicked surround the holy city (Revelation 20:9).
This is on earth, not heaven. This is where Jesus/saints and Israelites are...on earth "The holy City" /The holy camp/holy mountain/kingdom on earth.

7. Wicked destroyed by fire (Revelation 20:9).
Yes, Fire comes down from heaven from God. Now it takes 7 years to bury the dead. (Ezekiel 29:12)
....Then the 2nd judgement

8. New heavens and earth created (Isaiah 65:17; 2 Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:1).
9. God's people enjoy eternity with Christ on the new earth (Revelation 21:2-4).
Yes

THE 1,000 YEARS OF REVELATION 20
EVENTS DURING THE 1,000 YEARS
1. Earth torn up, desolate, and dark.
2. All wicked are dead on earth.
3. Satan bound to this earth.
4. Righteous judging in heaven.
FIRST RESURRECTION
3. Satan locked up in bottomless pit.
4. Righteous are turned into spirit and are reigning on earth, not heaven.

Last edited:
R

Raistlin

I'll take 1000 years as literal in the figurative laden apocalyptic section of Revelation,
when you decide to take near/soon/at hand (spoken to the first century Christians) as literal in the more literal epistle parts of Revelation. K?
That statement was literal.

Jesus said repent, for the end is near.
Paul said, the end was not near but far off..

Contradiction?
Metaphors?

Jesus was speaking to the Israelites.
Paul was speaking to the christians.

Two statements :

Jesus: "End is Near". (speaking to the Israelites).
Paul: "End is not near". (speaking to the christians).

Two groups:
Israelites.
Christians.

History :

70 ad..
Their (Israelites) end came just as Jesus prophesied merely 40 years later (besides those killed in persecutions before then and after.
Jesus meant that the Israelites end was near/soon/at hand, and it was.
Not THE end, but THEIR end.
Most of those who heard those words weren't alive for very much longer. So yes, their end was near... Literally.

But the end of the world never came, neither did Christs 2nd coming.. which is exactly what Paul stated...that the end was yet a long way off.

So Jesus' literal warning to those Jews was fulfilled 70ad..
Pauls instruction that the end was a long way off also upheld.
Then the whole "end is near" was LITERAL all along.
Literal for the Jews.

1still_waters

Contradiction?
Metaphors?

Two statements :

Two groups:
Israelites.
Christians.

History :

70 ad..
Their (Israelites) end came just as Jesus prophesied merely 40 years later (besides those killed in persecutions before then and after.
Most of those who heard those words weren't alive for very much longer. So yes, their end was near... Literally.

But the end of the world never came, neither did Christs 2nd coming.. which is exactly what Paul stated...that the end was yet a long way off.

Literal for the Jews.

Paul said the end was near also.

Romans 13
12The night is far spent, the day is at hand KJV

Philippians 4:5

5Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

1still_waters

Contradiction?
Metaphors?

Two statements :

Two groups:
Israelites.
Christians.

History :

70 ad..

Literal for the Jews.

Your point about Jesus speaking to the Jews kinda helps prove our point about 1000 not being literal. Jews reading it would see 1000, and recognize that in their scriptures 1000 was often figurative not literal.

cronjecj

Banned [Reason: ongoing "extreme error/heresy" Den
Sep 25, 2011

Contradiction?
Metaphors?

Two statements :

Two groups:
Israelites.
Christians.

History :

70 ad..

Literal for the Jews.

Jesus said repent for the kingdom of God is at hand.

Where do you get end from?

Last edited:

zone

Jun 13, 2010
This example that I posted up here is the simple version. the backing for this is far deeper. this idea is shown in the sanctuary services in the Jewish temple. Yes Revelation is a symbolic book, however that does not mean that everything in it is symbolic. Jesus is actually coming back. there will actually be plagues at the end of time. there will be a actual city come from heaven.

These things are spoken of by the prophets of old Testament. This post as I said is the simplistic version. and is enough for those who are seeking truth to search it out to see wither these things are true or not.

The biggest problem with Christians today is they do not search the word in prayer. and most do not have much if any grasping of the truth as shown in the sanctuary and its services in the old Testament. If they did they would not fall for all the hoopla that is taught today.

Those who do not grasp the sanctuary and its services cannot fully comprehend the truths that Jesus taught.
fair enough.
but why insert a 1,000 year GAP that isn't there?

gotime

Mar 3, 2011
fair enough.
but why insert a 1,000 year GAP that isn't there?
I believe there will be 1000 years. here is an Idea of how i see bible Prophecy events.

I wont be posting heaps of scripture. If any questions on particular points feel free to ask and I will provide scripture.

After the Antichrist has come out and the world has made a decision to either follow God or the many deceptions out there one of which will be Satan mascara ding as Christ/fake second coming. then the plagues of God will fall on the wicked but Gods people will be protected. then Jesus will return and all the wicked who are alive at that time will be destroyed by the brightness of his coming.

Then Jesus will call the dead who followed Him to life and then we who are alive will rise to meet them in the air. Then the 1000 years will begin where we will be in heaven and judgement will commence for the dead who rejected God. During this time Satan will be bound on earth with no one to tempt.

At the end of the 1000 years God and the saints will return to earth with the Holy City which will land on earth. then the dead who rejected God will be raised to face their judgement. Satan will again try to deceive the people and they will try to take the city. but God will destroy them for their sin/second death. thus they will die in the lake of fire. then God will make the earth new and the meek will inherit the new earth.

The 1000 years are for us to see and understand why we are saved and why the others are not. our eyes will be opened to see the justice and mercy of God. why 1000 years? No idea. we do know however that this time period takes place after Jesus returns, so it is not prophetic years but literal years.

I know this might sound out there, but it is more biblically based than you might think. it connects prophecies from both old and new testament. things that Jesus said about judgement.

One thing I might add concerning old testament prophecies. you may notice that many of the prophecies have a literal fulfilment with Israel of old. but also mention things that could not possibly have been for them. thus with new testament prophecies we can see which old testament prophecies apply to end time.

hope this helps at very least understand a bit about my view of the 1000 years, even if you do not agree. blessings.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
hi gotime.
ok...

Then Jesus will call the dead who followed Him to life and then we who are alive will rise to meet them in the air.

Then the 1000 years will begin where we will be in heaven and judgement will commence for the dead who rejected God. .
this is where i'm having trouble.

are the dead who rejected God raised to stand before the Judge, or are they judged in absentia?

During this time Satan will be bound on earth with no one to tempt.

At the end of the 1000 years God and the saints will return to earth with the Holy City which will land on earth. then the dead who rejected God will be raised to face their judgement. .
cuz they appear to have been judged in absentia, and it seems to have taken 1,000 years.

Satan will again try to deceive the people and they will try to take the city. but God will destroy them for their sin/second death. thus they will die in the lake of fire. then God will make the earth new and the meek will inherit the new earth.
again, who is there for him to tempt since the unrighteous dead were already judged (by the saints in heaven during the 1,000 years) and sentenced upon the return...

what people are there?

The 1000 years are for us to see and understand why we are saved and why the others are not. our eyes will be opened to see the justice and mercy of God. why 1000 years? No idea. we do know however that this time period takes place after Jesus returns, so it is not prophetic years but literal years. .
disagree. but ok.

One thing I might add concerning old testament prophecies. you may notice that many of the prophecies have a literal fulfilment with Israel of old..
such as?

but also mention things that could not possibly have been for them.
what things, and why not?

thus with new testament prophecies we can see which old testament prophecies apply to end time..
well i agree that's supposed to be how it works kinda, but using Rev 20 to reverse-engineer the OT just leads to the same error the jews fell into.

where is Jesus in all that?
like........we have NT prophecies showing which OT prophecies apply to "end-times": but end-times started when Jesus came the First Time.

hope this helps at very least understand a bit about my view of the 1000 years, even if you do not agree. blessings.
yes, it helps. thank you
blessings to you as well.
zone.

gotime

Mar 3, 2011
hi gotime.
ok...

this is where i'm having trouble.

are the dead who rejected God raised to stand before the Judge, or are they judged in absentia?

cuz they appear to have been judged in absentia, and it seems to have taken 1,000 years.

again, who is there for him to tempt since the unrighteous dead were already judged (by the saints in heaven during the 1,000 years) and sentenced upon the return...

what people are there?

disagree. but ok.

such as?

what things, and why not?

well i agree that's supposed to be how it works kinda, but using Rev 20 to reverse-engineer the OT just leads to the same error the jews fell into.

where is Jesus in all that?
like........we have NT prophecies showing which OT prophecies apply to "end-times": but end-times started when Jesus came the First Time.

yes, it helps. thank you
blessings to you as well.
zone.
Hey Zone let my try and explain.

You asked are the dead who rejected God raised to stand before the Judge, or are they judged in absentia?

No They will be present when judgment is meted out.
Just the same as the judgment before Jesus comes. Let me try and explain.
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Notice that when Jesus returns that he is already ready to reward the saints. This is seen in the 7th Trumpet also.
Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Notice here that the time has come for three things. The wrath of God the judgment of the dead and the rewarding of the saints.

so while the saints are being rewarded after wrath the dead will be judged.
Who are these dead that will be judged?
Notice what the old testament teaches of Jesus coming.

Isa 11:4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
Jer 25:33 And the slain of the LORD shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground.
Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

And see what happens to the earth.
Jer 4:26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
Isa 24:1 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.
Isa 24:2 And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him.
Isa 24:3 The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.
Isa 24:4 The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.
Rev 16:19 And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.
Rev 16:20 And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.

In all these verses as in many others we are taught that at the coming of Christ the wicked are destroyed and the earth is left in desolation. The very description given of the earth is chaotic like before creation and thus a vast abyss in which Satan is bound for 1000 years. With no one to temp because all his people for the time being are dead. And they are being judged.
1Co 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

So the wrath of God has come and destroyed the wicked and now they are to be judged and the saints rewarded.

Remember that in all judgments there is first a examination and then the proceeding and declaration of the judgment.
Just as the saints are rewarded because they have been judged for salvation so must the dead wicked be judged.
I would like to take note here that this judgment is for our benefit not Gods. It is clear at this point that God has already decided or ells how he could have saved us and not the others. Unless he already knows who is saved and who is not.
The 1000 years is a punishment for Satan. While a judgment will be for our benefit that is not the only thing Gods saints will do.

Once the 1000 years are over then the wicked are raised to stand before the throne of God and made to understand why they are not saved. Then they will acknowledge that God is just and then they will be judged by fire.

Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
Zec 14:5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
Zec 14:6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
Zec 14:7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
Zec 14:8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.
Zec 14:10 All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses.

Notice the language here fits the description of Jesus returning after the 1000 years. Notice also it says that the saints are coming with Him. why? Because they were in heaven with Him. Rev 21 in to 22.
Same description of when the city returns after the 1000 years.

Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Notice here that there is a judgment of who. The dead who are raised. When are they raised?]
Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Where are the saints at this time?
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

They are with Jesus in heaven how do we know this?
Because of the previous prophecies that show that the earth is desolate and left like that for 1000 years for Satan to see where his rebellion leads. For the first time in history Satan will have no one to tempt and only have time to think on what he has done and the judgment to come at the end of the 1000 years.
Hope this helps a little. I know I have not answered all questions or even answered this one in full. But time is not my friend today. Blessings.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Hey Zone let my try and explain.
Because of the previous prophecies that show that the earth is desolate and left like that for 1000 years for Satan to see where his rebellion leads. For the first time in history Satan will have no one to tempt and only have time to think on what he has done and the judgment to come at the end of the 1000 years.
Hope this helps a little. I know I have not answered all questions or even answered this one in full. But time is not my friend today. Blessings.
hi gotime.
i did read your post, a couple of times.
the zech. 14 passages were fulfilled at the First Advent.
i'm wary of cobbling together an eschatological system like that.

here's a picture from Jesus Himself - He doesn't (ever) say anything about a future 1,000 years.

Matthew 25
The Final Judgment
31&#8220;When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left.

the wheat and tares have been gathered/dragnet emptied & fished sorted etc: end of the age.

they are separated by what KIND they are FIRST: sheep or goats.

the sheep do not come into condemnation, they enter the kingdom.
(this isn't about works salvation....: they're separated by kind first).

34Then the King will say to those on his right, &#8216;Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.&#8217; 37Then the righteous will answer him, saying, &#8216;Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?&#8217; 40And the King will answer them, &#8216;Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,f you did it to me.&#8217;

41&#8220;Then he will say to those on his left, &#8216;Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.&#8217; 44Then they also will answer, saying, &#8216;Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?&#8217; 45Then he will answer them, saying, &#8216;Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.&#8217; 46And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.&#8221;

~

the point is, this scene is not 1,000 years after the Second Advent.
it's on THAT DAY.

31&#8220;When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne.

gotime

Mar 3, 2011
hi gotime.
i did read your post, a couple of times.
the zech. 14 passages were fulfilled at the First Advent.
i'm wary of cobbling together an eschatological system like that.

here's a picture from Jesus Himself - He doesn't (ever) say anything about a future 1,000 years.

Matthew 25
The Final Judgment
31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left.

the wheat and tares have been gathered/dragnet emptied & fished sorted etc: end of the age.

they are separated by what KIND they are FIRST: sheep or goats.

the sheep do not come into condemnation, they enter the kingdom.
(this isn't about works salvation....: they're separated by kind first).

34Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,f you did it to me.’

41“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ 45Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ 46And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

~

the point is, this scene is not 1,000 years after the Second Advent.
it's on THAT DAY.

31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne.
Hey Zone.

I believe that you are correct that Zech 14 has had a fulfillment. But these things also serve as an example to us of what will be. Thus the wording of revelation is similar indicating that a similar event will take place. Only on an end time scale worldwide. Thus why revelation is not exactly the same.
We learn from Gods dealings in the past as to how he will deal in the future within the guidelines of revealed prophecy.

Now as for Matthew 25. We need to ask our self a question.
Was Jesus explaining in detail the events that would take place when he comes? Or was he teaching a truth of what the judgment is about?
I believe it is clear that he is not trying to teach the event in exactness but rather the principle of the event. In other words that there will be a deviding taking place. In other words a judgment and then one group will be saved and another lost.
Even the events In chapter 25 before this are on the same topic of Jesus return yet they are not detailed events but rather principle teachings that give us a look into the judgment that God will do.
We must not limit the events to what Jesus has said here. It is a mistake to assume that Jesus related all in this passage. Notice that Jesus does not speak of a resurrection here either.
Remember that the book of Revelation is given by Jesus to reveal truths not yet fully explained. Thus it is natural that we find some things that we could not gain from other teachings in entirety. But they should always fit with what has been revealed before.
Short list of things we do know about the 1000 years.
Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

So Satan is bound in a bottomless pit for 1000 years.
Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

After 1000 years Satan is released to deceive for a short time.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

There is a judgment and a living in peace for the saints during this 1000 years.

Rev 20:5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

So there are dead who are not saved. Who will not rise until after the 1000 years are over Gods people raised at the beginning of the 1000 years.
Rev 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Hear we find that the second death is after the 1000 years and that the first resurrection is at the beginning of the 1000 years.
Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

After the 1000 years Satan is released.
After all this has happened then we see Jesus on the white throne and the resurrection of the dead.
Rev 20:11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

And this is where the second death comes in which is also known as the lake of fire.
Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

So what is the order here?

1: Satan bound for 1000 years wicked dead.
2: Saints resurrected and live with Christ for 1000 years and a judgment takes place of the dead.

3: After 1000 years Satan is released and the dead are raised/Second resurrection.

4: God passes Judgment and the second death/lake of fire is accomplished.

Then we go into chapter 21 where there are more details given about the city and the earth made new. Because the meek shall inherit the earth.

You may notice that none of this clash with what Jesus said in matt 25. But rather adds more details of what and how this will take place. Remember that revelation is from Jesus.

We can bring other scriptures in here to more fully see the picture given. Thus Jesus second coming is at the beginning of the 1000 years.

Rev 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Here we have those who died for God alive so resurrected.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

So if the dead are raised at the second coming then this must take place at the beginning of the 1000 years according to revelation. Anyway I am running out of time again. So much more to this. God bless hope this is making more sense.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Hey Zone.

I believe that you are correct that Zech 14 has had a fulfillment. But these things also serve as an example to us of what will be. Thus the wording of revelation is similar indicating that a similar event will take place. Only on an end time scale worldwide. Thus why revelation is not exactly the same.
We learn from Gods dealings in the past as to how he will deal in the future within the guidelines of revealed prophecy.

Now as for Matthew 25. We need to ask our self a question.
Was Jesus explaining in detail the events that would take place when he comes? Or was he teaching a truth of what the judgment is about?
I believe it is clear that he is not trying to teach the event in exactness but rather the principle of the event. In other words that there will be a deviding taking place. In other words a judgment and then one group will be saved and another lost.
Even the events In chapter 25 before this are on the same topic of Jesus return yet they are not detailed events but rather principle teachings that give us a look into the judgment that God will do.
We must not limit the events to what Jesus has said here. It is a mistake to assume that Jesus related all in this passage. Notice that Jesus does not speak of a resurrection here either.
Remember that the book of Revelation is given by Jesus to reveal truths not yet fully explained. Thus it is natural that we find some things that we could not gain from other teachings in entirety. But they should always fit with what has been revealed before.
Short list of things we do know about the 1000 years.
Rev 20:1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
Rev 20:2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

So Satan is bound in a bottomless pit for 1000 years.
Rev 20:3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

After 1000 years Satan is released to deceive for a short time.

There is a judgment and a living in peace for the saints during this 1000 years.

So there are dead who are not saved. Who will not rise until after the 1000 years are over Gods people raised at the beginning of the 1000 years.

Hear we find that the second death is after the 1000 years and that the first resurrection is at the beginning of the 1000 years.
Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

After the 1000 years Satan is released.
After all this has happened then we see Jesus on the white throne and the resurrection of the dead.

And this is where the second death comes in which is also known as the lake of fire.

So what is the order here?

1: Satan bound for 1000 years wicked dead.
2: Saints resurrected and live with Christ for 1000 years and a judgment takes place of the dead.

3: After 1000 years Satan is released and the dead are raised/Second resurrection.

4: God passes Judgment and the second death/lake of fire is accomplished.

Then we go into chapter 21 where there are more details given about the city and the earth made new. Because the meek shall inherit the earth.

You may notice that none of this clash with what Jesus said in matt 25. But rather adds more details of what and how this will take place. Remember that revelation is from Jesus.

We can bring other scriptures in here to more fully see the picture given. Thus Jesus second coming is at the beginning of the 1000 years.

Here we have those who died for God alive so resurrected.
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

So if the dead are raised at the second coming then this must take place at the beginning of the 1000 years according to revelation. Anyway I am running out of time again. So much more to this. God bless hope this is making more sense.
http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/eschatology/amillennial.shtml