B
blueorchidjd
Guest
I'm beginning to wonder if God will ever really direct me or answer my prayers.
I'm feeling right now that he is a good protector he has shown me that in countless ways in my life but sometimes I don't really feel like he wants me to excel in my life. I know that sounds horrible but it seems like God is taking things away all the time, and every time I try to make a choice given by the free will he has given me, I feel like he is telling me no or something happens. Examples: my car breaking down, my phone breaking, having to use all my money on repairing a broken item.
And it makes me angry because I feel like I'm playing "Guess who" with God.
I continually just keep asking God, is this what you want me to do?
And I will get this vague response, kind of like God is shrugging his shoulders and saying 'sure.' And then I end up pursuing it and something ends up happening and it doesn't feel right or I feel half-hearted.
I'll listen to sermons, they will tell me that with what God wants me to do with my life is related to my skills and my ambitions and it seems contradictory to the gospel and contradictory to what people say. You have people on either side of the coin that always say either that God allowed them to do something they were really unfamiliar with in their life for a career/vocation/calling, and others that seemed to be born out of the womb with a silver spoon in their mouth. I know that may be seemingly offensive to say, but I am beginning to believe that wherever God places a person, that is where they are, that is what he wants them to do. If they need more they can keep praying to God, but there are other halves of me that are confused on the aspect of God intervening.
There are two types of people that talk about God's blessings:
Some that believe that as powerful as God is and how in control he is could let something drastically change over night for them, or grant them a blessing at 2 am one random morning, not lifting one pretty little finger.
And then there are others that work and work, with sweat on their brows feeling like God abandoned them. (Maybe, perhaps not)....but.... you see the difference?
Isn't that bothersome?
------------------------
Now with this whole will of God thing, if we continually pray for it and do nothing, will he still be there to fulfill it in our lives?
----------------------------------
We can be busy with work and any other activities through the week and God can give us signs too about what he wants us to do...I am just confused why he is so dang distant all the time.
Especially with his nature that he is and how powerful he is, I am confused as to why he doesn't intervene more for his children. It's scary.
I'm feeling right now that he is a good protector he has shown me that in countless ways in my life but sometimes I don't really feel like he wants me to excel in my life. I know that sounds horrible but it seems like God is taking things away all the time, and every time I try to make a choice given by the free will he has given me, I feel like he is telling me no or something happens. Examples: my car breaking down, my phone breaking, having to use all my money on repairing a broken item.
And it makes me angry because I feel like I'm playing "Guess who" with God.
I continually just keep asking God, is this what you want me to do?
And I will get this vague response, kind of like God is shrugging his shoulders and saying 'sure.' And then I end up pursuing it and something ends up happening and it doesn't feel right or I feel half-hearted.
I'll listen to sermons, they will tell me that with what God wants me to do with my life is related to my skills and my ambitions and it seems contradictory to the gospel and contradictory to what people say. You have people on either side of the coin that always say either that God allowed them to do something they were really unfamiliar with in their life for a career/vocation/calling, and others that seemed to be born out of the womb with a silver spoon in their mouth. I know that may be seemingly offensive to say, but I am beginning to believe that wherever God places a person, that is where they are, that is what he wants them to do. If they need more they can keep praying to God, but there are other halves of me that are confused on the aspect of God intervening.
There are two types of people that talk about God's blessings:
Some that believe that as powerful as God is and how in control he is could let something drastically change over night for them, or grant them a blessing at 2 am one random morning, not lifting one pretty little finger.
And then there are others that work and work, with sweat on their brows feeling like God abandoned them. (Maybe, perhaps not)....but.... you see the difference?
Isn't that bothersome?
------------------------
Now with this whole will of God thing, if we continually pray for it and do nothing, will he still be there to fulfill it in our lives?
----------------------------------
We can be busy with work and any other activities through the week and God can give us signs too about what he wants us to do...I am just confused why he is so dang distant all the time.
Especially with his nature that he is and how powerful he is, I am confused as to why he doesn't intervene more for his children. It's scary.