Guys and Girls as FRIENDS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 24, 2010
It is possible. I don't get along with girls... at all. So all my friends are guys and it's platonic.

C

Catlynn

Mr. Green, I wanna quote you but I'm on my phone and it's too long. :p
Thank you for words of wisdom and encouragement. I am so blessed with where God is leading me and the tools He's equipped me with to fulfill that calling. Of course I would love to have a husband one day, but all I want right now are friends....even one. LoL I'm about to enter into a new season in life and friends who support me and love God completely would be great to have. :) I don't want a guy friend in hopes of him turning into something more. I just want a friend.
I guess one of the main reasons I created this thread was to see where most guys stand on the subject. I want to know what to expect and how best to guard hearts and how to retain friendships if the situation becomes awkward. lol
Thanks so much to everyone! It's been super informative, helpful and encouraging. XD

G

GreenNnice

Mr. Green, I wanna quote you but I'm on my phone and it's too long. :p
Thank you for words of wisdom and encouragement. I am so blessed with where God is leading me and the tools He's equipped me with to fulfill that calling. Of course I would love to have a husband one day, but all I want right now are friends....even one. LoL I'm about to enter into a new season in life and friends who support me and love God completely would be great to have. :) I don't want a guy friend in hopes of him turning into something more. I just want a friend.
I guess one of the main reasons I created this thread was to see where most guys stand on the subject. I want to know what to expect and how best to guard hearts and how to retain friendships if the situation becomes awkward. lol
Thanks so much to everyone! It's been super informative, helpful and encouraging. XD
----
Yes, the Lord leads us, it is up to us to go, and, not only that, but to embrace what He bad for us there.
You are blessed with raising a very young chiles now and God will give you infinite strength to do it because He will never leave us nor forsake us.
-----()-----
You have a ton of friends on here, catty, and, hopefully, prayerfully, all of us speak words of wisdom to each other as that is what God wants, for us to build each other up and when we're not át church or at singles groups or at bible study or at prayer with God, or, at it other Godly ways, with family or eating or whatever free time thang then that freeness needs Christian friends and you have a whole lot on here, Catty. :)

LOL . ' I wanna quote you but I'm on the phone and it's too long'. But please be nice to my longwindedness :D

C

Catlynn

It is possible. I don't get along with girls... at all. So all my friends are guys and it's platonic.
I totally know what you mean. o_o I have like....2 female friends. Everyone else is a guy. lol

Green! I don't mind your long windedness at all. Thanks for sharing! XD

G

GreenNnice

I totally know what you mean. o_o I have like....2 female friends. Everyone else is a guy. lol

Green! I don't mind your long windedness at all. Thanks for sharing! XD
------
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww, aw, Catty, awwwwwW, AHhhhhhhhhh - CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

S

StaceyLynn

I have the opposite problem: my guy friends informed me the other day that, quoting from How I Met Your Mother #22, "There is no law that prohibits a woman from being a Bro. Women make excellent bros because they can translate and navigate the confusing and contradictory whims that comprise the chick code (Chick do have the chick code!!)."

I have almost ALL guy friends, and I tend to have a history of that. It is extremely frustrating to know that every single guy you meet is probably friends with a guy that you are friends with, immediately ruining the chance that they think of you "that way."

I'm even extremely close friends with some of my ex-boyfriends. As to your point that the goal is to be friends with our future spouse, this could actually benefit me....if any of them ever stop thinking of me as "one of the guys."