had to leave church because they wouldnt let me marry again

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 8, 2018
That is so good to hear thank you for taking the time to answer and may god bless you for caring x

Jan 8, 2018
You are so right i cant trust my own judgement anymore he said he had become a christian and i thought that made him ok how silly am i ?

Jan 8, 2018
wow thanks for all that depleted you should be doing this for a living so much to think about now x

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Just for the fun, I'd go back to that church, and when they ask you if you remarried, tell them "yes", but its okay because you killed your first husband in order to comply with their rules. :)
ding-ding-ding..... we have a winner! :D

D

Depleted

wow thanks for all that depleted you should be doing this for a living so much to think about now x
I am doing this for the living. lol

Aug 8, 2017
Thats right i am with the christian man that is my second husband it only took 7 months for his true colours to emerge he assulated me badly and is awaiting trial i found out he has lied to me and kept hidden the fact that he battered his ex wife
at first I was thinking " if her husband cheated she should be able to marry again" but after this post im thinking maybe it was God trying to stop her down the wrong road. But you left the church and went down that road.
it makes me think sometimes roadblocks are a good thing.

Jan 8, 2018
That would be so funny but it would only be me laughing x

Jan 8, 2018
gdyloves what does a roadblock look like?

Aug 8, 2017
gdyloves what does a roadblock look like?
a road block is something preventing you from going down the road you are on.
It could look like anything.
so in this case it would look like your church (well your old church)

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
I’d like to see the scripture they got that one from.

Jan 8, 2018
I’d like to see the scripture they got that one from.
i think it had something to do with the levitical preisthood not being allowed to have a second wife i could be wrong but i think they see the levitial preists as a type of the modern day church?

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I always thought it was hypocritical when a sinner could be divorced 10 times & get saved & it be alright, but if you're saved & divorce 1 time for any reason, you're out of an office & sometimes outta the church.

They could forgive a sinner, but not a brother or sister.

Go figure.

Traditions of men & full-blown hypocrisy.
Sinners and Christians are held to different standards. One is not expected to be Christ like while one is still a sinner. But once saved, we are expected to strive towards a higher purpose.

Feb 7, 2018
That's not true. That may have been a rule thousands of years ago. It is outdated. You can marry again. Maybe you should leave that church. They sound extremely out of date. Everything in the bible is not meant to be followed literally to the T. We have to follow the word but we also have to follow the law. There is no law in the land that says you cannot get married until after your first husband is dead. I hope this helps. And I hope that you find a church that is in the 21st centry & still treats people well & has good sense.

F

finaldesire

Hi can i get some feedback on this problem i divorced my first husband because he abandoned me and was with another woman, i met a christian man and wanted to marry him but i had to leave my church they say that you cant marry untill your first husband dies?
And also adultery, there are two reasons that you can be free from a marriage. It's all in the bible, so go to that first before you listen to other people.

Jan 8, 2018
That's not true. That may have been a rule thousands of years ago. It is outdated. You can marry again. Maybe you should leave that church. They sound extremely out of date. Everything in the bible is not meant to be followed literally to the T. We have to follow the word but we also have to follow the law. There is no law in the land that says you cannot get married until after your first husband is dead. I hope this helps. And I hope that you find a church that is in the 21st centry & still treats people well & has good sense.
thankyou for your reply god bless x

notuptome

May 17, 2013
And also adultery, there are two reasons that you can be free from a marriage. It's all in the bible, so go to that first before you listen to other people.
God was never in favor of divorce. God allowed divorce because of the hardness of men's hearts.

Divorce like marriage today is a secular institution. Men's laws regulate both marriage and divorce.

Divorce would be far less common if people would seek and consult God before marriage not after divorce.

God does not change but ever remains the same. By Gods mercy we have forgiveness and by Gods mercy we have remarriage. Never enter into either lightly.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
God was never in favor of divorce. God allowed divorce because of the hardness of men's hearts.

Divorce like marriage today is a secular institution. Men's laws regulate both marriage and divorce.

Divorce would be far less common if people would seek and consult God before marriage not after divorce.

God does not change but ever remains the same. By Gods mercy we have forgiveness and by Gods mercy we have remarriage. Never enter into either lightly.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I've always believed that couples should have to spend 2 weeks observing divorce court before being issued a marriage license!

F

finaldesire

For the cause of Christ
Roger
For the cause of Christ, amen.

DiscipleDave

Sep 4, 2012
Hi can i get some feedback on this problem i divorced my first husband because he abandoned me and was with another woman, i met a christian man and wanted to marry him but i had to leave my church they say that you cant marry untill your first husband dies?
If he cheated on you, you are free to marry whomever you will.

^i^

††† In His Holy and Precious Name, Jesus Christ †††

DiscipleDave