Halloween...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 15, 2017
The pagan rituals of celebrating the dead go back to Bible times for the heathen. Then the "church" (term used loosely) Catholic Church honored the dead Saints and because the dates were so close they merged as one.

A few questions here...

Should Christians participate in Halloween? Especially with kids... what do you do?

Is it Biblical at all to honor the dead? Many cultures do...
But then you think of the kids and all they want to do is have fun.

But then you think that Christians should stay out of it.

But then you think that it is harmless if you keep it at the level of a costume and candy, and believe nothing more, and that is it.

But then when the occult has parties they like to dress up in the craziest costumes, and the occult likes Halloween a lot for they are all about fantasy land, and be what you want to be.

When I went trick or treating I went for candy, and that was it, and never thought anything else about it, no honoring the dead, no occult, no rituals, nothing but candy, and it would not matter to me what they thought about Halloween, and the bad side of it for I would not think that way even as a kid, for to me it would be all a bunch of garbage that I would not want, for all I had to do was look around my world and not too many people were involved in a bunch of mumbo jumbo as the occult so I knew it was not mainstream attitude.

But also no person says Jesus is the Lord but by the Holy Ghost, and no person comes to the Son unless the Father draws them, and I confess those things, so God called me so He worked with me to keep from thinking that way about Halloween, for I never thought anything weird but do good my whole life, and believe in a higher power even before I knew the whole truth.

Also I did not have parents that were in to anything weird so I was never taught anything weird to believe.

But honoring the dead does not seem like that bad if you keep it at the level of a day of remembrance like Veteran's Day, and nothing more.

But the Catholic Church and the occult like to pray to the dead, and try to get in contact with them, and believe they have some power to help them in this life, and that could affect them positively in the afterlife, and all that jive which makes it wrong to do that.

If we honor the dead as a day of remembrance and nothing more knowing that we cannot contact them, and cannot receive anything from them it does not seem bad, and would be like a person that visits a grave and lays flowers on the grave to honor their dead one, and leaves it at that.

Kids will only believe what you tell them for they do not know the truth when growing up but what is taught them, and the children in the future will learn more of the occult than today when the new age movement is a unified religious system based on evolution which they are already taught that in school.

But Halloween is a tool they like to get kids to believe in fantasy land for that could take them further of going by their imagination and think there is more than what they see with their eyes, along with movies, and television for they want the kids to think that there is more, and it is possible.

For the new age movement believes people can still evolve to be greater and spiritual, and when they do they will be godlike, and invincible, and the children already are being influenced by evolution, and all the super hero movies, so it will seem logical, and reality to many people.

The kids are going to eat up the new age movement like the finest steak and lobster when it comes about as standard religion in the world, and all other teachings will not be tolerated for they want peace, and all they are doing is preparing them beforehand by influences that get the children to think along the lines of being greater than their current status, and that it is possible.

For ask a child if they would rather have a billion dollars or be like superman, and you know the answer you would get, which money means nothing compared to being godlike.

Halloween seems innocent, but at the same time it seems dangerous.

I would say the Christians should not participate at all for the fact it is a pagan holiday, and forget them and their fantasy ways, but then you think of the kids wanting to have fun so you participate anyway.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
There have been a lot of people from Australia on heare.... great comments.... but I an a little confused did as a nation did you not celebrate halloween,in the past? What is it's past history? Here in America it's been "forever"....

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
There have been a lot of people from Australia on heare.... great comments.... but I an a little confused did as a nation did you not celebrate halloween,in the past? What is it's past history? Here in America it's been "forever"....
I'm 34 and Halloween was not a thing here in Australia when I was a child. It's amazing how quickly people catch onto things when it's marketed to them.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Candy is the gateway drug.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Halloween is a perfect night for reaching the lost...they come to you. Hand out gospel tracts along with the candy. Pray the tracts are read multiple times by multiple people and plants the seed for the Lord to grow.