Halo:A Satanic Game?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

danschance

I admit I have played Halo and I really enjoyed it. As a Christian I played the online version and felt it was OK to play. Then one day God showed me what the halo is. For over a decade Halo (the series) has been the top selling computer games by a landslide. There are now novels for kids on Halo

Pic of the halo from the game:
26639-bigthumbnail.jpg
As I was paying the game God showed my the "halo" or giant spinning ring is the sacred circle used in satanism and witchcraft. It is the circle around the five pointed star. In the game it is said to be an object of worship and unlimited power.

Covenant - Most religous references in Halo belong to the Covenant forces. Covenant forces are a theocratic alliance of ugly space aliens. That's right, they all believe in God. To win the game, you must kill them all.

Halo - The Covenant forces found the huge mega structures called Halo rings which are relics of the Forerunners and consider them to be sacred.

Grunts - The Grunts are small feeble minded characters who often show cowardice in the game and seem to be mocking most Christians.

Elites - Are a fierce enemy of the Covenant who kill by use of a high tech sword. Their high tech swords can cut thru armor and the bible (our sword?) is sharper than any sword (compare with Hebrews 4:12). Elites give instructions to Grunts. I assume Elites are pastors who wield a sword (bible) and the grunts are simply their followers.

Ark - The Ark in the bible protects life but the Ark in a Halo is the Control room for destroying all life in the universe. This mocks our Christian beliefs.

Forerunners - These are the gods who created the video game. Employing deism to describe our Almighty God is a backhanded way to insult the one true God of Christianity.

Prophets - Prophets are royal rulers of the covenant who are feeble yet sinister Covenant characters who sit in a gravity throne. There are three types of prophets: 1)Prophet of Regret. 2) Prophet of Mercy. 3) Prophet of Truth.

There are many other types of religion mentioned in Halo.
List of references to religion in Halo - Halo Nation — The Halo encyclopedia - Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, ODST, Reach, Anniversary, and much more!

Please think twice if you are going to play these games as I believe they not so subtly mock Christianity.

Mar 21, 2011
Please think twice if you are going to play these games as I believe they not so subtly mock Christianity.
Why are you bringing this up more than a decade later? What exactly do you think the negative impact on your life has been from playing the game? Please name one person who now worships the fictional Halo.

D

danschance

Why are you bringing this up more than a decade later? What exactly do you think the negative impact on your life has been from playing the game? Please name one person who now worships the fictional Halo.
Halo 4 came out a year ago and the online gaming is still on going. Why am I bringing it up now? I recently had a discussion of halo with a Christian friend. I thought I would share what came up over that convo. I don't think I have any negative effects from playing it. Yet I now feel it mocks God and I feel other Christians should be aware of that aspect of the game.

Feb 16, 2014
As I was paying the game God showed my the "halo" or giant spinning ring is the sacred circle used in satanism and witchcraft. It is the circle around the five pointed star. In the game it is said to be an object of worship and unlimited power.
You can fit any basic shape into a circle. Triangles, quadrangles, pentagons, hexagons, etc.

If you believe the Halo is a symbol of witchcraft because you can fit a pentagon inside, then you'll drive yourself mad when you discover you can fit a pentagon in all circles! Your plate, your coaster, your tire, the sun, even halos portrayed around the head of Jesus and saints.

Most religous references in Halo belong to the Covenant forces. Covenant forces are a theocratic alliance of ugly space aliens. That's right, they all believe in God. To win the game, you must kill them all.
They all believe in A god. They don't believe in the Christian God (or any earthly deity)

Yes, there are religious influences when it comes to the names of certain craft in Halo. But it's far from trying to turn people away from God or turning them towards witchcraft or satanism.

At worst, the game portrays how, blind, radical religious beliefs can lead to destruction. Most likely, the game just used it as a theme to create an interesting story.

Unless your religion has to do with wiping out entire races or species, I don't think you have anything to feel offended about.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
this brings up an interesting point --

what would a Biblical video game look like?

do you play as Lord inquisitor? is the object to be martyred, not to survive?
"press A to pray, B to study the scriptures"
"Press C to wait upon the Lord"
maybe an Oregon-Trail type of thing wandering in the desert for 40 years? but unless you're playing Joshua or Caleb, you know you're not going to make it to the last level =O

alright just to be on topic -- the theology in the Zelda games what with the triforce et al is definitely heretical too. just so we're on the same page.

sorry, never played Halo.
i know, i'm the only one.

D

danschance

You can fit any basic shape into a circle. Triangles, quadrangles, pentagons, hexagons, etc.

If you believe the Halo is a symbol of witchcraft because you can fit a pentagon inside, then you'll drive yourself mad when you discover you can fit a pentagon in all circles! Your plate, your coaster, your tire, the sun, even halos portrayed around the head of Jesus and saints.
As I said this came from God to me while I was playing the game. A circle is just a shape, but they created a circle to mean witchcraft. They also had many other points to make Christianity look bad. My post was meant ti inform, not to argue about.

They all believe in A god. They don't believe in the Christian God (or any earthly deity)

Yes, there are religious influences when it comes to the names of certain craft in Halo. But it's far from trying to turn people away from God or turning them towards witchcraft or satanism.

At worst, the game portrays how, blind, radical religious beliefs can lead to destruction. Most likely, the game just used it as a theme to create an interesting story.

Unless your religion has to do with wiping out entire races or species, I don't think you have anything to feel offended about.[/QUOTE]

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
Speaking about games. What do you guys think about the themes in Bioshock? (namely talking about the original)

D

danschance

I have heard of it but that is all I know. Sorry.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I dont play video games. They are stupid and pointless, in my opinion lol..Besides, when I would play Pac-man as a kid, the ghosts would always eat me because I could never win. :( To me most if not all video games have evil themes to them.

G

GM777

I think it was good of you to post this, and thanks for the information. I've never been a big video gamer (I play strategy games from time to time), but this shows how dark the world truly is and how blind all of us are to how sinister people and forces behind the scenes are, and how those we never see are very much walking hand in hand with the devil from satanic rituals and worship to dabbling in the occult. How many symbols or numbers do we see all around us from television to signs that have occult ties that we are ignorant towards? I often wonder if all of the triangles I see in gas station and bank logos are telling.

I also recall looking at a Catholic painting of Jesus with a Freemason (or likely some secret society) hand sign, as well. If you are not aware of these things, you would've simply overlooked it. How many odd rituals and symbols are hinting at what is going on from the all seeing eye to images used in music videos and movies? It's bigger than we know, and while playing Halo, in my opinion, isn't converting people to dark arts as most people don't even notice these small details, it serves to remind us of what is truly going on. Sometimes it's easy to think all is good and well when TV shows and the news are painting pictures of an innocent and positive world.

Also, what is with the combative tones on here? I must admit I have felt like I've been piled on in the past, as well. Maybe it's just the way things come across from computer to computer, but some comments seem downright rude.

Last edited by a moderator: