Handling With Kid Gloves

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 8, 2021
My grand daughter used to go to church, always. Her mom, my daughter in law's youngest sister is lesbian living in another state with her partner. My grand daughter thinks all church's are not telling the whole truth when it comes to same sex realationships., because she loves her Aunt. So she doesn't go anymore to hear non truths, as it is said. I invited her to come to our church for a visit, she refused. Our pastor is young but he is a man of God & isn't letting anyone dictate to him the words of God. My grand daughter told me about why she doesn't go to church anymore & says she can study the bible at home by herself. Not getting the part because so many think the same way until things are explained or shown to them what the word says. When she told me, I said nothing because it would lead to differences between us. Am I doing this right or should I point out to her where it says in the bible that people of the same sex aren't supposed to be together? Sort of a touchy-feelly here. Her Aunt is a very sweet person who used to go with men, but all that she was involved with beat her. The last one beat her so badly that she lost the baby she was carrying.

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019
You might find the work of Mike Winger helpful. He has a lot of material related to homosexuality. Check out the link below to find out more.

https://biblethinker.org/homosexuality/

Another man by the name of Ray Comfort addresses homosexuality. He even has a movie on the topic that you can see below.

I hope you will find some of this material useful in order to plant seeds, trusting God to give the growth.

What then is Apollos? What is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, as the Lord assigned to each. I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth. He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor. For we are God's fellow workers. You are God's field, God's building (1 Corinthians 3:5-9).

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
hmm

well, in the Bible I am sure it says something about Husbands cherishing and loving their wives. Was her aunt married before? Did her husband beat her up or was it just some random boyfriends.

It doesnt really say much about lesbian relationships, only gay (male ones).

When talking with your grand daughter pray and ask God for the words to say. If she is put off going to church you can still study the Bible with her at home, or invite your pastor over. But you might want to suggest a Bible study she can do (like those booklets) that she can get on with. When she discovers the Word for herself she'll then see the truth.

There are a few books out there on former lesbians coming to Christ I think its better to hear their testimony than that of men who dont really have a clue about it. Especially when it seems a man beat her up. (why? just cos they can? were these men christians??)

Sep 8, 2021
I pray for her everyday. I know it seems like a cop-out, but with her school & work she has little time at home for much of anything. She gets home about 1:30 in the mornings & then has to be up running for school at 8 am. I think she just loves her aunt so much that she will defend her aunts beliefs. I've thought about a time to read the bible with her, but she is either sleeping or cleaning the house or going out with her fiance.' I believe over time, God will show her what is right & what isn't if she will read the bible. I thank you for your comment & I pray that you & your family will have a blessed & Happy Thanksgiving.

ankagirl

Feb 10, 2021
My grand daughter used to go to church, always. Her mom, my daughter in law's youngest sister is lesbian living in another state with her partner. My grand daughter thinks all church's are not telling the whole truth when it comes to same sex realationships., because she loves her Aunt. So she doesn't go anymore to hear non truths, as it is said. I invited her to come to our church for a visit, she refused. Our pastor is young but he is a man of God & isn't letting anyone dictate to him the words of God. My grand daughter told me about why she doesn't go to church anymore & says she can study the bible at home by herself. Not getting the part because so many think the same way until things are explained or shown to them what the word says. When she told me, I said nothing because it would lead to differences between us. Am I doing this right or should I point out to her where it says in the bible that people of the same sex aren't supposed to be together? Sort of a touchy-feelly here. Her Aunt is a very sweet person who used to go with men, but all that she was involved with beat her. The last one beat her so badly that she lost the baby she was carrying.
I'm sorry to hear about the struggle taht you are going through with your granddaughter. I'm also sorry that her aunt has experienced such awful things from her past relationships.
I would really encourage you to gently tell your granddaughter the truth. She may not like to hear it, but it is the right thing to do. And who knows, someday she may thank you for being honest with her even when it wasn't easy to be.

But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ. Ephesians 4:15

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32

I'd also encourage you to share the gospel and the love of God with her aunt. It seems imperative to me that she get to know the Lord and of His immense love for her.

I would also suggest that you make it crystal clear to your granddaughter that while living in a gay/lesbian relationship is a sin, it will not remove God's love from us.

I would recommend that you listen to Jackie Hill Perry and send some of her videos to your granddaughter. She is a former lesbian who came to Christ by the grace of God, and is now happily married with 4 children of her own. She also wrote a book called "Gay Girl, Good God".

Will be praying for you!

T

TheIndianGirl

I think you should be honest about how you feel, but be prepared if she continues to disagree and/or becomes distant. People who disagree on major issues sometimes drift apart. She will also be watching carefully how you treat her aunt and speak of her; as long as you are respectful of her aunt and don't speak disparagingly of her whom your granddaughter loves, For example, you can say her aunt is wrong for ex. but don't call her "abnormal". I think that will help things.

Sep 8, 2021
Yes, Lord heavens. I love her aunt. She is so sweet, but the bible says to love the person & hate the sin. I just try to stay neutral in the whole situation. My Pastor's wife was a favorite teach of hers when she was in high school. I've spoken to my pastor on this subject & he or his wife will come visit her, not with the intention of bringing the matter of her aunt up, but to encourage her to come to church. As time goes on & she is faithful of her love for Jesus hopefully she will see things in that matter as they are supposed to be. Wishing you & your family a very Happy Thanksgiving & God Bless you & your family